FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rusty Wallace Racing Retuning to NNS

<<

Springwolf

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Rusty Wallace Racing Retuning to NNS

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Steve shouldn't be in a race car around my favorite drivers! The boy has never met a wall or side panel of a competitor's car he didn't like. On a positive note, it may take some "heat" off Montoya's rep for a little while. :P

So now not only are we stuck with his "flat flying" commentary, we're going to have to put up with his crash fest son. What did we do to deserve this?

Funny I saw this post today. Last night I was reading some tweets from the HOF induction, which got me thinking about Rusty's commentator job. I want someone to ask him if he realizes how chauvinistic he sounds when he's talking about Danica. I want to hear him say about Ty Dillon "Yeah he's a good "little" racer" the way he did when talking about Danica last year.

As a female fan of Nascar and racing in general; those kind of comments really grate on my nerves. I've had my critical views of Danica...but I'll give her the credit for improving her skills. I don't think the "little racer" commentary is justified or appropriate simply because she's a woman.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 pm

i dont think the term little is a chauvinistic response, i have heard many drivers throughout the years use that term "little." as bein new or a rookie.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:01 pm

I've never seen where Wallace refered to Danica as little but if he used the words the "little woman" then i'd say it wasn't appropriate. That would be in the same catgory as "Old Man". If she is little that is one thing anything else is slang and that isn't right.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing