Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Rusty Wallace Racing Retuning to NNS

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 am

From Motor Racing Network

Officials of Rusty Wallace Racing announced today that the organization will make a return to the NASCAR Nationwide Series, campaigning the No. 66 Ford Mustang in a limited 2013 campaign.

At the helm of the No. 66 car will be 25 year-old Steve Wallace. Wallace scored his third-straight top-10 finish in NNS points in 2011. The same year, Wallace made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut, capturing a lead-lap top-20 finish in the Daytona 500.

Backing a portion of the effort will be Charlotte, NC-based mortgage and real estate firm, Richard Tocado Companies. Tocado will serve as primary sponsor of the No. 66 Ford Mustang beginning with the May 2013 NNS event at Charlotte Motor Speedway, with additional events to be named later.

"We're really excited to have the Richard Tocado Companies on board with our team, said Rusty Wallace, team owner. "In this economy, everyone is looking for ways to save money and Richard Tocado has done just that for a lot of folks. We're looking forward to helping race fans have a great mortgage and real estate experience.

"We're also excited about getting back to a little bit of racing. I think we all learned a lot over the last year or two and we're looking forward to having the opportunity to show it. Our goal for 2013 is to compete in 10-15 events. We're looking forward to growing our relationship with the Richard Tocado Companies and are very positive about what the future holds."

And the crash fest begins again :roll: :roll:

Re: Rusty Wallace Racing Retuning to NNS

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am

Oh, Lord... not again... at least it will only be a limited number of races and not the full season. :|

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Demolition Derby is back in NASCAR! The driving gene wasn't passed on to the next generation, maybe Rusty needs a tax right off.....:roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 pm

WTH... Why does Rusty continue to force his no talent son on us NASCAR fans? What a waste of a sponsor and resources when there are deserving drivers without rides. Get a clue Rusty! :shock: :roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Blood is thicker than water. :(

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, there's another Earnhardt that is gonna try and make it into NASCAR within 3 years. This is year #2 for him. He's trying to do it without the help of his family too. Personally, I think he should stick with his family for help. But that's my 2 cents worth.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Steve Wallace,sorry-can't stop laughing! Who lost that bet?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm

wolfgang wrote:Steve Wallace,sorry-can't stop laughing! Who lost that bet?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 am

Oh brother...reminds me of Mikey Waltrip .... trying to be what he was but the talent is just not there any more... The last race he won he was caught with a questionable truck back spoiler.... not a win in my book. Lets see what happens with this Wallace train wreck.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Mikey never was a driver,w/o Dale Snr.aside one non point race long before DEI,i don't honestly believe he ever could drive and it's looking like neither can Dale Jr. anymore. :(
Long as someone like Steve Wallace is around,he makes everyone look better.lol

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:02 am

maybe he has matured a lil and got crashing out of his system, or rusty just loves to burn money, we will find out...

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:44 pm

I doubt Wallace likes to burn money. There was a story about Steve who had been racing awhile bought a bunch of things he'd wanted and Daddyo took it all back. Said it was too expensive bla bla. I never could understand that as the kid earned the money or did he? Perhaps he wasn't on the payroll.......

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 am

Just what NASCAR needs, another Wallace on track. I don't think they have got enough cars for a limited season.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 am

michaeljohn wrote:maybe he has matured a lil and got crashing out of his system, or rusty just loves to burn money, we will find out...

AAAAAAND Maybe JUUUUUST maybe Godzilaa is the GEICO Geko's great grampa :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 am

many have thought that too.....
Post a reply