Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Yesterday was mostly single car runs... today was pack racing. Well, that lasted until about 2PM when they had testing's version of "the BIG one." Bunch of cars knocked out, but not Tony or Ryan.

Marcos, Kasey, Brad, Jeff G, Jamie and others I don't remember all involved. Since each team only brought one car, those teams are done for the weekend.

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

LOL, I saw that... Of the cars involved, only flipper has a backup there. Kinda funny that the one who wanted pack racing back the most caused it... Joonya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What does seem strange to me is the trouble they're having getting parts. From what they've said, the shops aren't fabricating the body parts, they're coming from the manufacturers. I had not heard anything about that before. Not so sure that's a good idea...

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Parts shortage and they also said that NASCAR is still tweaking the specs on the car so the shops don't want to build more cars that may have to be changed if NASCAR changes the specs.

Even though Martin Truex was only slightly involved in the crash, all of the MWR cars are leaving. They don't want to risk damaging any of the cars.

Looks like bump drafting is going to be a problem with the Gen-6 cars.

Flipper turned Marcos into the wall pretty hard to start the whole mess.

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 pm

They amended that H, it was the 88 behind Marcos. The cars are both black and they showed later that the 99 was further back in the line.

Wow, I didn't recognize Marcos with his furry head and face. When you quit shaving for the winter, I guess that includes your head. He said he stayed in NC this year and didn't go home so he could grow a beard. Said he'll keep it till Petty says otherwise... lol

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Flipper turned Marcos into the wall pretty hard to start the whole mess.


I think you mean Junior. :mrgreen:

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Interesting, if the bump draft is going to be as hard as everyone is saying, Daytona week is going to be very hard on the pit crews. The question everyone is going to be asking is, "how much drafting can we do?"

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 pm

All I can say is DAYUM.....JR is already running up the tab on a few teams.

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Rochelle wrote:They amended that H, it was the 88 behind Marcos. The cars are both black and they showed later that the 99 was further back in the line.

Wow, I didn't recognize Marcos with his furry head and face. When you quit shaving for the winter, I guess that includes your head. He said he stayed in NC this year and didn't go home so he could grow a beard. Said he'll keep it till Petty says otherwise... lol

1. It was hard to tell watching the replay, but I later heard the same thing - Joonya did it. ;) :mrgreen:

2. Men in Tasmania can't grow beards?!? :? :? :lol: :lol:

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Wait till you see Paul Menard......he's pretty wooly too. :lol:....... Earnabuck maybe living up to his new name!! ;)

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Rochelle wrote:They amended that H, it was the 88 behind Marcos. The cars are both black and they showed later that the 99 was further back in the line.

Wow, I didn't recognize Marcos with his furry head and face. When you quit shaving for the winter, I guess that includes your head. He said he stayed in NC this year and didn't go home so he could grow a beard. Said he'll keep it till Petty says otherwise... lol


1. It was hard to tell watching the replay, but I later heard the same thing - Joonya did it. ;) :mrgreen:

2. Men in Tasmania can't grow beards?!? :? :? :lol: :lol:


hahahahaha H, I didn't realize it sounded like that... It's mid-summer there and way too hot. He usually goes home for a bit and it's too hot normally so since he stayed in NC, he quit shaving. He looks more strange with the hair on his head than the beard. I didn't even recognize him till I heard him talk.

The 88 and the 99 look very similar with the grey so it took them a few minutes to get it right. Plus Joonya admitted it later when they talked to him. It was funny though, he said "you don't want to be that guy"...

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:59 pm

that was the only time i tuned in to watch practice, MA said Jr barely touched him, so i guess these new cars are just a tad sensitive.

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Sounded to me like it was just AGONIZING for DW to admit that his boy toy did something wrong.

Re: OUCH! Big Crash During Testing

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:28 pm

im sure we will see more crashes..... looks like kyle is becoming a man, he had a lot of stubble on his face today, haha, i laff cuz it took me forever before i got a beard....
Post a reply