FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I know Phoenix racing is struggling for sponsors

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I know Phoenix racing is struggling for sponsors

I also know they are gonna use both Regan Smith & AJ during the season, With Regan in the Daytona 500, but I thought it would be cool (especially how much the 500 pays out) if they could have afforded to bring two cars to the 500, & use both AJ & Regan. Then they would have drafting help from each other. Wouldnt that be a great little team that could story if they had two cars finish in the top 5 or something like that.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: I know Phoenix racing is struggling for sponsors

Hey Schmoop, I thought about that as well. But now I'm watching the testing session at Daytona and they've been talking about the number of cars some of the teams have built. They were showing Danica on the track and a few others and started talking about drafting, etc. A few comments have been made by the teams about the number of cars they have and that they're not looking to draft in these sessions. That may have something to do with Phoenix just running one car at Daytona. I think it was Danica's team that said they only have 5 cars built and don't want to chance a wreck at this time. They're not the only ones not wanting to draft and a few other teams have said they also only have 5 cars built. I think Regan is the better choice for Daytona and Dega and I believe he's their choice for those tracks. He has a better record there than AJ. They're still struggling with sponsorship also. They didn't think they were going to race this year so I think they're doing well to be there at all. Just my opinion and we all know what that's worth... :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing