FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MORE Mafield....Kinda Ball$y, I like it.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 pm

MORE Mafield....Kinda Ball$y, I like it.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Suspended Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield wants to return to racing, and he let NASCAR chairman Brian France know that in a most unusual way.
Mayfield called Motor Racing Network's "NASCAR Live" show Tuesday night and asked France, a guest of host Eli Gold, "if he's willing to accept the fact that I'd like to come back racing and if we could sit down and talk about it and figure out what we need to do to make that work.
Mayfield If he's willing to accept the fact that I'd like to come back racing and if we could sit down and talk about it and figure out what we need to do to make that work.
Jeremy Mayfield, speaking as a call-in guest on a radio show that included NASCAR chairman Brian France. Mayfield has been suspended since failing a May 2009 drug test, which later was revealed to be for methamphetamines.
France's response to Mayfield was to complete the same Road to Recovery program that driver AJ Allmendinger did last season after being suspended for violating the policy.
Allmendinger was suspended on July 24 and reinstated in late September.
"Well, Jeremy, you know the path back for you," France said on the show. "It's the path back for anybody. I've always hoped that you would choose the right path and not litigation and a bunch of other things. But that's up to you.
"You have a welcome mat out anytime you want. There's a stated process that AJ Allmendinger just went through. We welcomed him back, and it's terrific. That's up to you."
Mayfield, 43, insisted from the outset that the initial test was a false positive that came from mixing Adderall for attention deficit disorder with an over-the-counter allergy medicine.
The matter resulted in a long, drawn-out legal battle with the courts siding with NASCAR. During the litigation Mayfield was charged with possession of methamphetamine and 18 felonies involving stolen goods found during a November 2011 search of his North Carolina home.
During a court hearing on Monday, Mayfield told reporters he would consider a plea deal if it did not include jail time.
Mayfield did not immediately return messages Wednesday morning from ESPN.com. His wife, Shana, acknowledged on Twitter that it really was her husband on the show. She said it was "definitely not a confrontation."

"It was a cordial conversation," she wrote on Twitter.

Mayfield did not indicate on the show whether he would be willing to participate in the Road to Recovery program, but in July he told ESPN.com, "I'm not going to sit in rehab for 60 days."

"But I will do any kind of test they want me to do for sure," he said at the time.

After France's response on MRN, Mayfield concluded the bizarre call with: "OK, well, I appreciate that. I didn't mean to bother you on the show, but it's the only way I could get a hold of you and figured it would be a great opportunity to do that."
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: MORE Mafield....Kinda Ball$y, I like it.

Geez, can he get any more pathetic? He's known the options since day 1. Just what the sport needs, another mid-pack low talent loser lost in denial. If it was just the drug thing one time, ok, but he's become a poster-boy for the NC penal system. I had to google the spelling for that, didn't want to offend the younger members... :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Rochelle wrote:Geez, can he get any more pathetic? He's known the options since day 1. Just what the sport needs, another mid-pack low talent loser lost in denial. If it was just the drug thing one time, ok, but he's become a poster-boy for the NC penal system. I had to google the spelling for that, didn't want to offend the younger members... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 pm

What a twit, he's known how to get back in the sport, but he's still unwilling to admit that he took the drugs by going through the Road Back program. And calling in to the radio show like he did, that's pure childishness. Stop making a spectacle of yourself, and don't embarrass NASCAR's chairman would also be good steps to take on his Road Back. Make allies, not enemies.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Here's a little more on Mayfield that was on Jayski...

UPDATE: Looking back, Mayfield says there are things he would let go rather than fight, and he would pick his battles more carefully if he gets a second chance. He's hoping for that second chance after he gets his legal troubles behind him, which he hopes will happen soon. "I'm willing to do the program, and I hope they'll tailor-fit the program to Jeremy Mayfield," Mayfield said. "I'm ready, willing and able to do anything they ask, as long as it's tailor-fitted to me." Mayfield was suspended from NASCAR in May 2009 when he tested positive for methamphetamine, something he denies. He maintains the results of the drug test were due to the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder drug Adderall and the allergy drug Claritin-D.(Hickory Record Interview in part)(1-10-2013)

Sorry, but that boy is a tool. As long as it's tailor-fitted to me? He needs to stop and get his life together. With all he still has going on, he needs to stop worrying about NASCAR and hope he can keep his butt out of jail. He's too old to be in the "entitled" generation.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm

I agree with you, Rochelle - "tailor-fitted?!?" Are you kidding me! Get over yourself, Mayfield. What makes YOU so special?

"Entitled" generation!?! :shock: You and Mrs HH would get along great! She has a big problem with people that have a sense of entitlement. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

futura64

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I don't want to offend anybody, and I may be real ignorant on the subject, but does ANYBODY with ADD really belong behind the wheel of a race car going 190 mph for hours at a time? Racing requires extreme focus and concentration for extended periods that very, very few of us without ADD are capable of.
BudmaninTx
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm

To be honest, I think ADD is just his excuse. I don't remember him ever saying anything about Adderall before. And, he tested positive again, later, sometime in July with a different sample. He's in denial, big time. A couple friends of mine have kids that had ADD. As a matter of fact, one of their doctors had it also. In most cases it gets better with age and neither of the kids, both in their teens now are on medication.

Hahaha H, yes, I have a BIG problem with those that think they're entitled. Please don't get me started on that :twisted:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:19 am

at least he sticks to his guns,
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Are you talking about the guns he keeps shooting himself in the foot with??? :lol:

Return to NASCAR & Racing