FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Travis Pastrana To Run Full Nationwide Schedule

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Travis Pastrana To Run Full Nationwide Schedule

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- X Games star Travis Pastrana will drive the full NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule this year in Roush Fenway's No. 60 Ford Mustang.

Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush and Pastrana announced the move Thursday. Roush said the 11-time X Games gold medalist in motorcycle events is serious about making a full-time move to NASCAR and plans to drive in all 33 Nationwide races. He has made nine career Nationwide starts.

''Travis is a champion,'' Roush said. ''It takes a great deal of drive and determination to reach that level of greatness in any field. He is serious about this move to NASCAR and we are committed to doing everything we can to see his career develop in NASCAR. We would certainly expect to see a great level of excitement brought to the table as he progresses within our sport.''

RFR will have two full-time Nationwide entries with Pastrana and 2010 Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne in the No. 6 Ford. Pastrana will team with veteran crew chief Chad Norris.

''I am very serious about making this move, running competitively and ultimately winning races in NASCAR,'' said Pastrana, who is also a motocross and rally car champion. ''No team can claim the success in the Nationwide Series that Roush Fenway has, and I know driving an RFR Ford will provide me with the maximum opportunity to develop my skills behind the wheel of a stock car.''
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Travis Pastrana To Run Full Nationwide Schedule

Thanks for posting H... I like Travis and the bonus is that flipper won't be in that 60 car. Travis is a fun guy and has a good relationship with the press. Not at all fake like flipper. I hope Travis does well.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am

Re: Travis Pastrana To Run Full Nationwide Schedule

Off topic, but does anyone know what Ricky Carmichael is doing? I looked around but didn't find a good answer.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing