FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

worst part of Larry Mac during broadcasts

<<

barnes442

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 am

worst part of Larry Mac during broadcasts

The worst part of Larry Mac is him referring to Jeff Gordon as "Big Daddy" I find it incredibly disrespectful. There is one and only Big Daddy and his name is Don Garlits. Mr Garlits deserves the respect of not recycling his nickname to another driver.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:01 am

Re: worst part of Larry Mac during broadcasts

ya i dont know how that came about to start calling Jeff "BD" These guys at Fox they come up with something and beat it to death, because they think they are so clever, back in late 2009 Larry and Mike Joy were calling JJ "The Closer" but started to call Kevin that at the end of the cali race in 2010, im not complaining about the name, just how uncreative the 3 knuckleheads are in the booth.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 am

Larry Mac spent more time in broadcasting when he was with RCR than he did on the #3 car. There's no doubt the three stooges were good in their day at what they did, but far as broadcasters i'd rather have Buddy Baker back and a lot less B.S. ;)
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 am

not to mention benny and neil bonnett
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am

michaeljohn wrote:not to mention benny and neil bonnett

Yeah, I miss those guys too. :cry:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:33 am

Agree, but What about Michael Waltrip??? This guy before races picks other guys than those on his own team that he pays for. What a joke. If I owned a race team and someone asked me who I thought was going to win I would hope that I had enough confidence to pick on of the guys I employee. I'm sure there are some contract issues but come on, at some point you have to pick one of your drivers. As far as those Fox Guys. DW cracks me up at times. Esp when he says we have a smoker! But overall they are still better then most I believe. Remember when TNT would air races and you had to listen to Wally Dallenback talk about race cars as if he had a clue. Anyway, I think it could be worse, so I'll take the fox boys for now.

Boogity Boogity Boogity

A.B.E.
<<

Searchers

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Bob Jenkins
Ned Jarrett
Benny Parsons

Those three were great and knew when to shut up.

DW is obnoxious and half the time full of BS. Look at his insistence about toilet paper used as battery packing. His habit of trying to give everybody a nickname has got to get on the drivers nerves. Boogity is stupid and makes nascar fans look stupid.

Larry Mac has become as bad as DW and has even less sense of humor.

I think FOX is the worst network as far as booth people. And then they put the Elton John of Nascar in the other office with Chris Myers to complete the presentation. It is so entertaining to watch MW run around the cars at the start of the race, being laughed at by real drivers. :roll:
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Great thread....

I tend to enjoy each of them ........ In limited amounts.

I have come to the conclusion that the Networks should attempt
to bring them ALL through in a revolving type of scenario.

That way, none of their material gets old and stale.

Adding that......... I agree with all of the above posts in
one way or another.

AND.......... there is only one "BIG DADDY" :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Worst thing about Larry Mac during Broadcasts, is that he is on the broadcast. He annoys the #### out of me, & is always giving the wrong information to tv land. he reminds me of tabloids. He just throws out crap trying to say it 1st hoping he is right about it. Then when he isn't, instead of correcting himself. He just lets it be.

As far as Don Garlits. He is the only Big Daddy!

As far as Wally Dallenbach. He is/was my favorite Commentator.

Give me Wally, DJ, Petree & Bestwick & I would be happy.
Wally doesn't go all PC & talk about just one of those racing deals. He talks like a driver. He says if I were so & so I would be mad! I appreciate when a TV guy can point a finger, even at the ones the media tries to promote. He tells it like it is. One of the few that aren't Nascars puppets.
ImageImageImage
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Worst thing about Larry Mac during Broadcasts, is that he is on the broadcast. He annoys the #### out of me, & is always giving the wrong information to tv land. he reminds me of tabloids. He just throws out crap trying to say it 1st hoping he is right about it. Then when he isn't, instead of correcting himself. He just lets it be.

Wally doesn't go all PC & talk about just one of those racing deals. He talks like a driver. He says if I were so & so I would be mad! I appreciate when a TV guy can point a finger, even at the ones the media tries to promote. He tells it like it is. One of the few that aren't Nascars puppets.

Schmoop..... Chuckling here

Wally was one of my less favorite commentators. :D
BUT.... I like Kid Petty.... And don't know if I could take a steady diet of him.
He is a trigger puller.... But does not make any claims of super driver status.

**** That oughta start a fire **** :D :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:24 pm

14Smokem wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Worst thing about Larry Mac during Broadcasts, is that he is on the broadcast. He annoys the #### out of me, & is always giving the wrong information to tv land. he reminds me of tabloids. He just throws out crap trying to say it 1st hoping he is right about it. Then when he isn't, instead of correcting himself. He just lets it be.

BUT.... I like Kid Petty.... And don't know if I could take a steady diet of him.

LOL well you can tell we have different tastes. Petty is one of my least favorite commentators. I don't think he goes against the grain necessarily for his beliefs but for shock value. think the only way he stays on TV is for those headline crap talking he does. he think he tries to find Shock value comments to keep himself relevant. I find him fake as the Nascar puppets, but just for the opposite reason. I put Petty in the same boat a Spencer. Cant stand either.

Think it is funny though we are on the opposite side of the spectrum though when it comes to commentators 8-)
ImageImageImage
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
14Smokem wrote:

LOL well you can tell we have different tastes. Petty is one of my least favorite commentators. I don't think he goes against the grain necessarily for his beliefs but for shock value. think the only way he stays on TV is for those headline crap talking he does. he think he tries to find Shock value comments to keep himself relevant. I find him fake as the Nascar puppets, but just for the opposite reason. I put Petty in the same boat a Spencer. Cant stand either.

Think it is funny though we are on the opposite side of the spectrum though when it comes to commentators 8-)

SPENCER............. 30 second shots...... Maybe once a weekend...!!!!

That's enough... :D :D
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:35 pm

wolfgang wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:not to mention benny and neil bonnett

Yeah, I miss those guys too. :cry:

Yeah...definitely miss Benny and Neil :(
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Searchers

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Spencer is the clown of FOX without a doubt. When he says relevant things I am usually in shock. He was way outclassed in CUP racing by most of the other drivers.
Since loosing his son I have always felt sorry for Kyle Petty. He was not much of a driver and as a color person for CUP racing he started out ok but soon got carried away with the shock statements like schmoopy says. He tries to make it look like he is up front with everybody but over does it. That approach has become pretty stale. Kyle should have stayed with the rock band career.

Nationwide is on as I type and between the scoring ribbon on top of the screen and the people (with the exception of Rusty) in the booth....very relaxing.
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 pm

I actually emailed Larry Mac when he started calling Jeff that name asking if he could stop. Never got a reply.

Im seriously thinking of waiting in line at a Jeff Gordon appearance and asking him if he would ask Larry Mac to stop.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing