FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony's "Other" Teammate

<<

azk8ster

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am

Tony's "Other" Teammate

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the US Grand Prix in Texas earlier today! Hamilton also won the last Grand Prix race on American soil, which was five years ago...guess he likes it here!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Tony's "Other" Teammate

Had to comment here. I watched that race, it was great! That new track is awesome too! Did you see that Tower? I would never in a million years get up those 419 stairs. I'm guessing for fire regulations they have to have them but give me the elevator any day...

I would love for NASCAR to go there, probably the most beautiful track in the U.S.

I heart Lewis, but he needs to ditch that cowboy hat... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm

I had a friend volunteer at the track over the weekend. She was amazed and really enjoyed it.

If the Nascar boys do indeed come to Texas the first drink is on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I had a friend volunteer at the track over the weekend. She was amazed and really enjoyed it.

If the Nascar boys do indeed come to Texas the first drink is on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the NASCAR boys run at COTA, I will definitely be there! :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Rochelle wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:I had a friend volunteer at the track over the weekend. She was amazed and really enjoyed it.

If the NASCAR boys run at COTA, I will definitely be there! :D

Race and track were AWESOME! MUCH better than that other race that ran Sunday. :lol: But, then again, to me ANY road corse > than ANY circle track. ;) I even liked the "too hard" tire compound, I think they should bring it back next year.

The Aussie V8's are gonna' be there May 17-19 so we'll get a chance to see what "stock type" cars look like on the track...just hope somebody puts it on TV... ;) 8-)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am

I had just unpacked & setup my new flatscreen and soundbar, and went searching for the speed channel so I could watch that race.

it was funny when Vettel put his podium cowboy hat on Mario Andretti. They all wanted a photo with him.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

futura64

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:59 am

I stayed away from that race this year, out of respect for my good friend Tavo Hellmund. It was all his original concept to build the track and bring F-1 to Austin. He did all the up-front work, designed it, got Bernie Eccelstone (F-1) and all the requisite State, County and local officials on board. Tavo was not a wealthy man and during construction, he found himself being forced out of the deal by the big time investors. There was an 8 million dollar buy-out provision in the contract for him, but they wouldn't pay up until he sued them. They finally settled "Out of Court" for an "undisclosed amount" just prior to the trial. Haven't talked with him lately, but I suppose he is now a wealthy man. Maybe I'll go next year.

Here is an interview conducted by a local station just prior to raceday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sMWb3L0dBg

Here's a pic of Tavo introducing me to Brooke (Miss Texas-USA) at a Nascar West/USAC National Midget Series Event he was promoting in Austin several years ago. She was his honorary Starter and Trophy Presenter for those races.

Tavoandbrooke04. [50%].jpg
Tavoandbrooke04. [50%].jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
BudmaninTx

Return to NASCAR & Racing