FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Time for the "What if" moment

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am

Time for the "What if" moment

So lets play the what if game :twisted:

What if late in the race Brad is leading (or wherever in the top 15) & JJ is trying to get by him. JJ accidentally (quote, unquote) gets into brad wrecking him. Giving JJ enough points to win the title.

Question is 2 parts.

What do you think Nascar would do in this situation if anything at all?

& what would you do in this situation if you were the shot caller for Nascar?

Now keep in mind. Everyone believes JJ made contact on purpose, but it wasnt blatant enough to absolutely say he did it on purpose.

Dont give the cop out answers like JJ would never do that, that isnt part of this what if.

Curious what people think would happen on both questions. I know it wouldnt be an easy answer.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 am

Re: Time for the "What if" moment

i think people have spent way too much time on this "grassy knoll" theory, im sure if it came down to it, JJ would bump him out of the way, like everyone favorite driver all of the sudden said last week, darling brad, " yea i will wreck someone, but its on them to save it." then he giggled like a lil girl,

nascar wouldnt do nothing to neither driver, they would do something to another driver if the intent was to wreck one of them, tony talked how he might wreck someone last year, with no big to do, but this is JJ people are always trying to find a reason to discredit him and his championships
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 am

please no "what if" questions for me. It brings back bad memories of my high school girlfriend. :lol:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 am

michaeljohn wrote:i think people have spent way too much time on this "grassy knoll" theory, im sure if it came down to it, JJ would bump him out of the way, like everyone favorite driver all of the sudden said last week, darling brad, " yea i will wreck someone, but its on them to save it." then he giggled like a lil girl,

nascar wouldnt do nothing to neither driver, they would do something to another driver if the intent was to wreck one of them, tony talked how he might wreck someone last year, with no big to do, but this is JJ people are always trying to find a reason to discredit him and his championships

did you just pull a racer1?
A bunch of words that didnt answer the question.
Not saying it is true. it is a What if.
Does nascar allow someone to wreck someone for a Championship in the final laps of the season, or do they penalize someone giving someone a championship. This really doesnt have anything to do with JJ. He just happens to be the guy in 2nd place right now.
If it was the other way around I would have said if Brad wrecked JJ.
The focus is suppose to be on the situation it would put Nascar in. Not who the two drivers are.
Sheesh. Ruining a perfectly good what if.
Thanks A lot MJ! :P :mrgreen:
So everyone else how would you answer these two questions.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 am

jamo14 wrote:please no "what if" questions for me. It brings back bad memories of my high school girlfriend. :lol:

Jamo I would have thought you knew better than playing a what if game with significant others! :shock:
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 am

I'll play the what if game.

Q1: What do you think Nascar would do in this situation if anything at all?
A: From the way you described it, I don't think NASCAR would do anything. But I haven't been watching for enough years to know for sure.

Q: & what would you do in this situation if you were the shot caller for Nascar?
A: Wish it was someone else's job. Moving a car out of the way is one thing. Pull a Gordon on Bowyer, or Danica on Cassill, and I will penalize you 70 points and put you in 5th place, and put you on probation for a full year. It isn't the wrecking of another car that bothers me so much, it is the embarrassment you have caused the sport that every media outlet is going to be discussing for weeks, and will bring up again during Daytona week, and again next year's chase.

If I was a reporter, I would have a question for Brad after the race. "Are you stupid? Did you hit yourself in the head this morning? You had a 20 point lead over Jimmy, when you saw he was trying to move you out of the way, why didn't you let him by?"
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:28 pm

I think Nascar would accept who hit the checkers first would win. I've only seen NASCAR take a race away from a driver once and that was Regan Smith and the yellow line. I did not see the one they took away from Tony years before that.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm

I'd wreck your mother to win a championship!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 pm

i think i did answer the question, all week on other forums people have been saying HMS is out to get brad, frankly there is no proof of that, they are going on what gordon did to clit, and if someone did take brad out and it benefited Jimmie, i wouldnt lose sleep over it, i did answer the question, nascar wouldnt do anything, i think they would do something to another driver if the intent could be shown, i posted that quote about what brad said because he will dump someone if it came down to it, he more less admitted it in that quote,

it was funny on speed today they showed a tweet from denny telling brad he could wreck him tomorrow and that would be payback from a couple years ago, its good to see other drivers giving big mouth brad a hard time for the things he says and does.....

regardless what happens sunday im not gonna be devastated or excited, its just racing, a form of entertainment, im just glad that tony has no shot, and how all the tony fans bailed on him and jumped over to the brad side....
<<

HTower

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i think i did answer the question, all week on other forums people have been saying HMS is out to get brad, frankly there is no proof of that, they are going on what gordon did to clit, and if someone did take brad out and it benefited Jimmie, i wouldnt lose sleep over it, i did answer the question, nascar wouldnt do anything, i think they would do something to another driver if the intent could be shown, i posted that quote about what brad said because he will dump someone if it came down to it, he more less admitted it in that quote,

it was funny on speed today they showed a tweet from denny telling brad he could wreck him tomorrow and that would be payback from a couple years ago, its good to see other drivers giving big mouth brad a hard time for the things he says and does.....

regardless what happens sunday im not gonna be devastated or excited, its just racing, a form of entertainment, im just glad that tony has no shot, and how all the tony fans bailed on him and jumped over to the brad side....

yes we get it. JJ still has a ton of championships, it doesn't bother you at all if he loses, because he is still the best. I'm going to rub it in others people's faces that their driver was out of it a long time ago, and instead of not bothering to watch, did the entirely human thing and picked a new driver to cheer for while watching.
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

I Did Not Dump Tony for Brad........I really don't care who wins since Tony isn't in the top five......It won't be the end of the world who wins.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:So lets play the what if game :twisted:
Everyone believes JJ made contact on purpose, but it wasnt blatant enough to absolutely say he did it on purpose.

What do you think Nascar would do in this situation if anything at all?
Chalk it up to JUST RACIN'; isht happens.
What would you do in this situation if you were the shot caller for Nascar?
:ugeek: Depending on what happened in the race between JJ's contact and the checkers
(how much retaliation, and who did it :evil: ; how many pit incidents :x ; how many TWEETS
called NASCAR the WWF :oops:) -- if there were no blatant pay-backs, chalk it up to JUST
RACIN'; isht happens. :) :) :)
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!

Return to NASCAR & Racing