FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Go Brad Go

<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Go Brad Go

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Yep that is who I will be pulling for on Sunday :D :D :D :D :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Go Brad Go

Before the 2013 season starts, I'm starting a "Pledge of Allegiance" thread for everyone to list "their" drivers so at the end of the year we can identify band wagon fans. (Not that I'm calling you band wagon doc, but you have to admit it is slightly suspicious that you are backing the driver with a 20 point lead to win the Chase.)

My hope for Homestead is to see some passing at the front, not to see 70 laps without a lead change. I also don't want to have the entire race broadcast be a coronation of the #2. So help me, if someone wrecks the #2 car early, whether it be on purpose or now, I will become one of those raving lunactics screaming conspiracy theories and demanding that the driver and team be parked for 2 months next year.

It would also be nice to see Stewart and the #14 repeat at Homestead 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 pm

doc has liked brad for awhile, but the lovefest for brad has picked up by others...........
<<

39_newman

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

When BK first came on the scene, he sounded like an arrogant, smart-mouth punk. Worse than about three other drivers I COULD mention. But the longer he's around and the more he talks, the more he makes sense and emobodies NASCAR racing. Plus he is a good driver. If Ididn't already have two drivers I pull for, I'd probably be a fan. As it stands right now, I'm pulling for him out of the three left who realistically have a chance.
No sky too high...
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I like the idea of pledging allegiance. This is what I pledge.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

I will be cheering for Brad as well. It's not a bandwagon thing... just one of the realistic choices for the title. I would have loved Smoke to win again for sure this year but its not realistic. I didn't like Brad either at first but he has grown on me and I respect him as a driver.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I never liked Brad myself, not with Jr.Motorsports,not with Penske and certianly not now! :lol:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 pm

hoping for a good ol engine or tire failure or someone dumping him into the wall (without getting hurt) 8-)
<<

HTower

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

michaeljohn wrote:hoping for a good ol engine or tire failure or someone dumping him into the wall (without getting hurt) 8-)

Brad has gambled so many times during the chase, taking two tires, fuel only, not pitting at all. I think that ends Sunday. He'll play it cautious, 4 tires, not risk the fuel window. I don't expect a top 5 from him at all, I imagine their target is somewhere between 8th and 10th this week. Maybe pick up a bonus point for leading a lap somewhere.

If someone from HMS does wreck Brad, I hope NASCAR takes a very dim view of that act, and penalizes everyone involved heavily.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm rooting for the Michigander to stick it to Johnson this year and take that trophy. I like Johnson, but I'm hoping for a fresh face to win the Championship this year. If it's not Brad, I'll even take Clint but I just don't see that happening. :lol:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm

i doubt anyone from HMS takes him out, they are professionals, not thugs, but like they just said on espn, maybe brad shouldnt have went off like he did callin other drivers out, but that is brad for big mouth brad, he knows it all cuz he is on twitter.
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

wolfgang wrote:I never liked Brad myself, not with Jr.Motorsports,not with Penske and certianly not now! :lol:

Wolfgang, I thought you were a Brad fan. Guess my memory is getting worse as I get older. Maybe it's our dislike of the 99 that we have in common? (or the fact that Tombstone is my family's favorite movie!) HAH but I thought you were a Brad fan too. My bad.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Yep that is who I will be pulling for on Sunday :D :D :D :D :D

wHoOoOoP! Go BK!
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 pm

tlmerk wrote:
wolfgang wrote:I never liked Brad myself, not with Jr.Motorsports,not with Penske and certianly not now! :lol:

Wolfgang, I thought you were a Brad fan. Guess my memory is getting worse as I get older. Maybe it's our dislike of the 99 that we have in common? (or the fact that Tombstone is my family's favorite movie!) HAH but I thought you were a Brad fan too. My bad.

This is correct tlmerk,i never liked Brad,i love the son-of-gun! My sarcasim has got me in trouble again i see. :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 pm

michaeljohn wrote:hoping for a good ol engine or tire failure or someone dumping him into the wall (without getting hurt) 8-)

Tire/wall,didn't JJ do that on his "own" last week? :lol:
Clint is out of it thanks to Jeff! :evil:
Will be interesting to see what happens,but for sure it'll be Miller time! :mrgreen:
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing