FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kevin Harvick to SHR 2014

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Kevin Harvick to SHR 2014

Marty Smith on ESPN just reported that Kevin Harvick to leave RCR to come to SHR in 2014 to make it a four car stable........ Saw this coming for a long time :) :)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... -haas-2014
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick to SHR 2014

it may not be for four cars, but to replace Ryan.

But if it does go to 4 cars then the rumor of Riggs coming over this year in a part time capacity makes sense. It helps get a 4th team up & running before going full time.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Interesting.......and something to look forward to past 2013's "adventure"
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smoke_14

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Didn't see this coming but I have to say I'm a big fan of this move. Always liked Harvick.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:38 pm

edited
Last edited by ndunn on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:02 pm

And when they asked Tony about it he said they have it wrong, it's Earnhardt... I'll take this as nothing more than a rumor at this point since no one whose anyone will confirm this...

And if this does come true, you can pretty much kiss Newman goodbye. I don't see 4 cars that soon, but that's me.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 pm

When I heard this I like Rochelle thought it meant that Ryan is out.........but we don't know what goes on in that crazy mixed up head of Tony's. 4th car? Fine by me. Danica goes? Fine by me. I hope that the Ryan/Borland pairing makes Ryan more competitive in 2013. I would hate to see him go.

I'm not a fan of cupcake but if he does indeed become a teammate of my main man Smoke then I guess I'm OK with it....just don't expect me to wear any of his stuff. I don't think anyone didn't see it coming(his leaving RCR) but I think it will make things a little awkward.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm

I don't see 4 cars unless he brings Bud or another sponsor. DF isn't going anywhere until at least after 2014 if her having a 2 year contract is right.

Awkward is right being as he has another whole season at RCR. I don't see him leaving RCR cause of the grandkids since RC will kick Burton to the curb when he needs a car. Plus, he's still got the 33 car. It doesn't have a full time sponsor, but when Austin is ready, I'm sure they'll find one. With cupcake gone though, he'd probably keep Burton if Cat stays on.

I used to like cupcake, but he's another one that trashes his crew all the time. Arrogant also although I don't know why. It's not like he's done much this year. If next year is the lame duck year, what's his excuse for this year? Of course we all know it couldn't possibly be him. Can't SHR find someone that doesn't whine so much? Or does Tony just want easier access to Delana's butt??? Sorry, but this just does not make me happy :roll:
Last edited by Rochelle on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm

lets see how long harvick bites his tongue when he realizes and see tony got first dibs on everything, he thinks childress is bad what til he sees everything at SHR is about tony...
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm

I'll believe it when i see it,this rumor has been going on for over a year.True MJ,lets see if Tony puts Kevin in the same equiptment KHI put Tony in the NW races,if of course this is all true. Kevin will be back there with Ryan or until Tony decides to throw one of them a bone.Danica,well she may not even be in Cup come 2014 unless of course she does something or anything besides wrecking bettween now and then. :mrgreen:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 pm

You know, I didn't really think that some equipment was better than others until I heard Denny talk about it this year. Someone asked him if it was harder to be the only JGR driver in the chase. He said it was better because when the cars are dyno'd, he'd take whichever had more speed. I was a little surprised, but I don't know why I never considered that before. So all is not fair in love and NASCAR... :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:59 pm

and tony's ego will not let another SHR drive out succeed him....
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:14 am

That sound y'all heard was my cheering when I read this.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 am

michaeljohn wrote:and tony's ego will not let another SHR drive out succeed him....

...guess we'll have to wait till someone who can "out suceed him" shows up @SHR... ;) :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 am

Richard Childress was visibly upset as he stood next to grandson Ty Dillon's black truck during Friday's qualifying at Phoenix International Raceway. It had nothing to do with Dillon's chances to win the Camping World Truck Series championship, trailing James Buescher by 15 points with two races remaining. It had everything to do with an ESPN.com report that Sprint Cup driver #29-Kevin Harvick has signed a multi-year deal to begin driving for Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014. "I've got a contract for 2013 and this is 2012," the owner of Richard Childress Racing said of his deal with Harvick. "I'm not talking to you about nothing [regarding that]. Too far out." Asked if Harvick had told him he will not drive for RCR beyond 2013, Childress barked, "You need to go talk to them people. Don't talk to me about it. If you want to talk to me about [the truck] championship, I'll talk about it. But don't talk to me about anything else." Harvick's departure will be huge, particularly if he takes primary sponsor Budweiser with him. Remember, RCR lost Chaser Clint Bowyer to Michael Waltrip Racing after last season due to lack of sponsorship and had to shrink from four to three teams. Some will say Harvick leaving only opens the door for Childress' other grandson, Nationwide Series driver Austin Dillon, to move to Cup in 2014. But plans already were in place for Dillon to make the move then, either in the fourth car that is vacant or as a replacement for Jeff Burton, whose contract expires after 2013. And by the way, while Dillon will make his Daytona 500 debut in the #33 next year, Childress left open the possibility the #3 Earnhardt drove remains a strong possibility for his grandson. "That's still on the table," Childress said. Sources close to the situation told me Childress was blindsided by the news, which explains his mood. Replacing Harvick has to now be his No. 1 goal in order to remain relevant in the series

From Jayski.

If you want to read into RC's attitude, looks like there is some teeth to this story.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing