FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Scott Riggs to SHR?

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Scott Riggs to SHR?

BK Racing switching numbers? Riggs & SHR? hearing that one of the BK Racing cars (#83 & #93) will switch to using the #23 in 2013. Supposedly they asked for the car number as a sponsor request. They did not purchase the current #23 R3 Motorsports team owned by Robert Richardson Sr., but asked NASCAR for the car number and got it. No word which car number will switch, the #83 or the #93. Some rumors have David Reutimann possibly going to one of the BK Racing rides in 2013. No word if current drivers #83-Landon Cassill or #93-Travis Kvapil will return to BK Racing in 2013. Reutimann could also staying at Tommy Baldwin Racing if the team keeps tow cars running or run with the #44 Xxxtreme team that is debuting at Phoenix this weekend. end up Some rumors have BK Racing expanding to three cars in 2013, but been told it will likely be a two-car operation in 2013. Been told that R3 Motorsports is weighing its options for 2013 and if they will run the Sprint Cup Series. As for current #23 driver, Scott Riggs, hearing he has an oppurtunity at Stewart-Haas Racing as a driving coach for Danica Patrick and/or testing cars for Stewart Haas Racing (#10, #14, #39) with a chance of running a 4th SHR Chevy in some races, if a sponsor can be found.(11-9-2012)

I'd LOVE that. Always been a big fan of Scott back the RC Cola days in the trucks.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Scott Riggs to SHR?

I just read that on Jayski. I'm not a big fan of teams not utilizing their regular drivers for testing. At tracks they don't normally race, I can see it. But, not now that they test at NASCAR sanctioned tracks. To me, there are a lot of differences, one of which is the feedback they get. Is it interpreted the same way? Seems to me, with the new car next year, all of the regular drivers could benefit from on track testing. And don't forget that DP could use the extra track time. Ryan and Matt could use these tests as well as Tony and Steve. Just my opinion, especially since this seems to be a bit speculative.

No offense to Scott, but he has no wins and no top 5's in cup. Not sure what he's supposed to coach her on. Just wondering why Scott is all...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing