FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another wasted Sunday....

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Another wasted Sunday....

Another BEAUTIFUL race by driver and crew chief....... I hope they're experimenting for next year because this year was a waste of time after July at Daytona.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: Another wasted Sunday....

Apparently qualifying well doesn't seem to mean much for the SHR drivers lately. What is up with that? Something is definitely missing there.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm

as usual i fell asleep for the last half, i was surprised he finished that low.......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 pm

We want Zippy!.........we want Zippy..........I have given Steve the benefit of being new, but even the pit crew is messing up! This is pitiful!! Time for a come to Jesus meeting!! We want Zippy!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 am

Don't think Zippy is the answer. They went 2006-2008 without a championship and I thought he and Zippy were a bit stale. His last year with Zippy he only had 1 win. Geez people, Steve hasn't been there even 1 year yet. There's been changes to the cars also, like the side skirts and the bushings. Besides, they've already said the 14 team won't be changing for 2013. That's part of the problem, you do something phenomenal like last year and everyone expects the same magic. I don't know how many people listen to other drivers in-car audio, but just because they win or get out front and lead a lot of laps doesn't mean their cars are perfect. Sometimes you can work through stuff and sometimes you can't.

I'll be happy if he can just stay in the top 10 at this point. Way too early to be jumping down Steve's throat. Besides, like it or not, Tony has never repeated a championship the following year.

Give Tony a break, he was magic last year, that's not sustainable. And give Steve a break, he worked with the elf last year...

The fight for four is over for 2012
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 am

Rochelle wrote:Don't think Zippy is the answer. They went 2006-2008 without a championship and I thought he and Zippy were a bit stale. His last year with Zippy he only had 1 win. Geez people, Steve hasn't been there even 1 year yet. There's been changes to the cars also, like the side skirts and the bushings. Besides, they've already said the 14 team won't be changing for 2013. That's part of the problem, you do something phenomenal like last year and everyone expects the same magic. I don't know how many people listen to other drivers in-car audio, but just because they win or get out front and lead a lot of laps doesn't mean their cars are perfect. Sometimes you can work through stuff and sometimes you can't.

I'll be happy if he can just stay in the top 10 at this point. Way too early to be jumping down Steve's throat. Besides, like it or not, Tony has never repeated a championship the following year.

Give Tony a break, he was magic last year, that's not sustainable. And give Steve a break, he worked with the elf last year...

The fight for four was over 2 races in...... just keepin' it real.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 am

its now known as the "fight for food" to keep his spot at the top ten dinner table.....
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Rochelle wrote:Don't think Zippy is the answer. They went 2006-2008 without a championship and I thought he and Zippy were a bit stale. His last year with Zippy he only had 1 win. Geez people, Steve hasn't been there even 1 year yet. There's been changes to the cars also, like the side skirts and the bushings. Besides, they've already said the 14 team won't be changing for 2013. That's part of the problem, you do something phenomenal like last year and everyone expects the same magic. I don't know how many people listen to other drivers in-car audio, but just because they win or get out front and lead a lot of laps doesn't mean their cars are perfect. Sometimes you can work through stuff and sometimes you can't.

I don't think Zippy's the answer either, he was NEVER that great of a CC...he just put together a couple good runs('02 and '05) but, was never consistant. Steve's not the answer either...he's now on his third "elite" driver and third "top" organization and has yet to be even close to a championship. He's good for a few race wins, but that's it.

Tony's never backed up a championship because he's NEVER had a consistant CC, well...maybe he did, but he's with Denny now...and they'd still be in it if it wasn't for "Gibbs' Gremlins" can't blame Darian/Denny for that.

To repeat as champion you need more than a good driver, you need a reilable organization(good equipment/crew) and a CONSISTANT CC that gives you good handling cars on a regular basis. That's where JJ's advantage comes from, he has all of that. Also, why they didn't win last year...for some reason, "AutoChadic" didn't have the cars quite as "up under" JJ...also why JJ was so snippy on the radio last year. ;)

BTW...this isn't being critical of your post, you just made some points I was thinking about, just to be clear ;) ...everyone takes this stuff TOO personally around here... ;) :)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:56 pm

I have no problem with your post, I agree with most of it, especially the too personally part :D

I'm not ready to throw Steve under the bus yet though. We'll see what happens next year with the new car and a clean slate.

I'm familiar with "cut the cheese" but I don't know what "throw the cheese" is about :mrgreen:
<<

racer1

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 am

It was a crappy race, just like most others whereby a couple fast cars or drivers lap the field and the rest are just waisting fuel and tires. However now Iam concerned about SHR. as when Tony S is this bad something is wrong as his CC apparently doesnt know what it is either and thats a concern ? :roll:

BTW--the TV ratings were WAY down --again --for this race as the cup races are losing ratings fast it seems. Course the President of nascar was on Windtunnell last Sunday saying everything is good as they are giving the fans what they want--reallly--a boring parade of follow the faster car (s) or keep from getting lapped--yeh thats what the fans want--when pigs fly??
http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/201 ... de-22.html
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 am

actually the ratings are on par, they are down from last year, last 5 years they avg. 3 to 5 million viewers.
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Id rather have a just another wasted Sunday, than Just Another Manic Monday ;)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm

I don't think I actually watched 5 laps of the race, I sat at the computer checking on updates time to time. I think it's just a testing session right now. If he couldn't have an easy way to win the chase, it became a testing period instead. It was just a test to see if crew chief could get him into the chase.

When's it time to work on winning the chase? Everything else has to fall into place for that to happen. I still look for Denny to pull thur this chase.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:38 pm

I think pretty much everyone is done except for JJ, BK, and long shot Clint and even longer shot Kahne. Unless something huge happens to JJ and BK in the same race, but still would need more than 1 bad race for both. Thought JJ was out a Kansas and got a 9th, thanks to Chad and his crew.

I still say they should not be testing the 14, each spot he falls costs money. Not good business for an owner. Testing is allowed for 2013, do it then or leave it to Ryan for the rest of the season. Ryan's not going to get 13th so use the 39. Just my opinion, as usual...

Return to NASCAR & Racing