Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

What a stupid race

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Good grief that was like the Twilight Zone or something. Sheesh.

Many congrats to Matt on his win despite getting in the wall early. I'll tell ya, it was pretty jarring to see him so emotional when he was interviewed. He knows that might be the last one he gets with those guys. I look forward to him being in the 20 and it's gonna work out for the 17 team too, having Ricky behind the wheel, but it's kinda hard to believe that relationship is coming to an end and next year Kenseth won't be the 17 anymore.

Re: What a stupid race

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 pm

That race did suck,i will say that! Congrads to Matt Kenseth,always liked the guy,but the race did suck as most all fuel milage races do. 14 Cautions? Bring back the bigger fuel cell! :idea:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:17 am

Fuel mileage had nothing to do with it. Having a track that ate right side tires for breakfast lunch dinner and dessert is what made this a crappy race.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 pm

HTower wrote:Fuel mileage had nothing to do with it. Having a track that ate right side tires for breakfast lunch dinner and dessert is what made this a crappy race.

True for the most part with this one,but the rest of the fuel mileage races suck too.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

According to Pressdog the Cup ratings were flat at a 3.0, and were 3.1 for the previous yrs race. Course the Cup race is up against the NFL but still lower then before--guess viewers dont like all the cautions/crashes afterall much as nascar thinks they do?

Not that it matters here probably but the NNS race was a 1.5 highest ever for a Kansas race--Go figure that one out? 8-)

Link: http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/201 ... at-30.html
Post a reply