FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I don't care who you are

<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I don't care who you are

The performance by the 48 team yesterday was impressive. I was listening to them most of the day and oh that Chad Knaus makes my heart skip a beat.

By no means am I wanting them to win their 6th championship(I think it's Miller time) but between Chad and Jimmie they worked all day long for that top 10
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: I don't care who you are

onerockindoc wrote:The performance by the 48 team yesterday was impressive. I was listening to them most of the day and oh that Chad Knaus makes my heart skip a beat.

By no means am I wanting them to win their 6th championship(I think it's Miller time) but between Chad and Jimmie they worked all day long for that top 10

I AGREE WITH ALL OF IT,ESPECIALLY THE #2 PART AND I'LL DRINK TO THAT! :mrgreen:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

I like Miller Time>>Image
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

i was surprised that they finished in the top ten, more impressive was they never lost a lap, if they do win the championship, this will be the race that stands out, but this chase has shown, if you have one bad race, you can forget about winning a championship..
<<

racer1

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 am

Great race by 5-time and his crew--very impressive..

Since JJ is Hendricks this is good as any to mention there is an article that Hendricks and Dale JR has lost some sponsorship with Pepsi/Diet Mountain Dew etc for some races next season. It really is a tough sponsorship market these days. Excerp from Jayski update: :roll:

"UPDATE: Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Hendrick Motorsports team are losing 15 races of sponsorship next season as PepsiCo plans to cut back its sponsorship, according to the SportsBusiness Journal. PepsiCo committed to sponsoring Earnhardt for 20 races in 2012. PepsiCo is working on a $10 million deal with Hendrick Motorsports that would include five races annually with Earnhardt (Diet Mountain Dew and Amp), two races with Jeff Gordon (Pepsi) and one with Kasey Kahne (brand TBA). The beverage company had sponsored Earnhardt and his #88 team for 20 races and Gordon's #24 team for two in each of the past five years. This season, the 20 Earnhardt races were split between Diet Mountain Dew (16 races) and Amp (four races).(Sporting News)(10-22-2012)"

Ok so--10 million only buys 8 races with Hendricks--wow. :roll:
<<

HTower

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 am

racer1 wrote:Great race by 5-time and his crew--very impressive..

Since JJ is Hendricks this is good as any to mention there is an article that Hendricks and Dale JR has lost some sponsorship with Pepsi/Diet Mountain Dew etc for some races next season. It really is a tough sponsorship market these days. Excerp from Jayski update: :roll:

"UPDATE: Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Hendrick Motorsports team are losing 15 races of sponsorship next season as PepsiCo plans to cut back its sponsorship, according to the SportsBusiness Journal. PepsiCo committed to sponsoring Earnhardt for 20 races in 2012. PepsiCo is working on a $10 million deal with Hendrick Motorsports that would include five races annually with Earnhardt (Diet Mountain Dew and Amp), two races with Jeff Gordon (Pepsi) and one with Kasey Kahne (brand TBA). The beverage company had sponsored Earnhardt and his #88 team for 20 races and Gordon's #24 team for two in each of the past five years. This season, the 20 Earnhardt races were split between Diet Mountain Dew (16 races) and Amp (four races).(Sporting News)(10-22-2012)"

Ok so--10 million only buys 8 races with Hendricks--wow. :roll:

No, 10 million buys you 5 races with the most popular driver, 2 races with a multi Championship driver, and one more race as well. 10 million might get you 20 races with Kasey. That's not a knock on Kasey, its a statement of how popular Junior is.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 pm

This was announced in Sept, they just didn't know how many races they were going to get. They didn't seem to care as Jr said there is more demand than supply. Jr is probably the only driver that doesn't have to worry about sponsorship. While other teams have marketing people to contact possible sponsors, Hendrick probably has people that take calls from prospective sponsors... :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 am

Wow, I head on Race hub that Ron malec is the one to make the call to not go behind the wall after Chad said take behind the wall.
That team has depth!
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am

well thats cuz malec was the one working on it, plus chad trusts malec, he has been the car chief forever, he would make a awesome crew chief, but he said he wants no part of it.....

Return to NASCAR & Racing