FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Post Talledega

<<

HTower

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Post Talledega

Kenseth the win, Gordon 2nd.
Tony admits the wreck was his fault.

How many saves were there earlier in the race that prevented the Big One from happening?

Did I also hear that Kurt Busch got parked by NASCAR because he disobeyed a NASCAR official checking on him after he spun?
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: Post Talledega

HTower wrote:
Did I also hear that Kurt Busch got parked by NASCAR because he disobeyed a NASCAR official checking on him after he spun?
!

Yes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 pm

He had taken his helmet off so he couldn't hear them telling him to stop. I'm giving him credit for a good, rather lighthearted interview. What a shame for Finch to lose another car.

It did do my heart good to see Regan with a 4th place finish :mrgreen:

Oops, Regan was 6th, still does my heart good :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rochelle on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

HTower wrote: Gordon 2nd.

Got me 100 extra points! 8-)

Had Tony to win...darn that #55... :evil:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm

It wasn't Michael, Tony admitted he was blocking
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm

unofficial but they have Ryan p9 right now. Top ten at a plate track & still loses ground to kyle.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 pm

thanks tony!!!!! your always thinking about yourself............
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Rochelle wrote:It wasn't Michael, Tony admitted he was blocking

im sure more people will blame waltrip for what happened, cuz tony does no wrong.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I see it's ok for him to do it and take out 20 cars, but not ok for anyone to do it to him. I'd say that makes him a hypocrite...

Yes, I'm ticked cause he took out my 15 and 5 cars...

Tony Stewart After NASCAR Brickyard Race: Don't Block Me Again...Or Else

By Jeff Gluck on Jul 29, 6:01p

Tony Stewart was quite the in-race reporter for ESPN on Sunday.

During a late caution period, when Dale Jarrett innocently checked in to see how ol' Smoke's day was going, Stewart told the national audience he was tired of drivers blocking him on the track.

If another driver switched lanes to block him, he said, he would "park them" for the rest of the day. And after Stewart salvaged a 10th-place finish, he still felt strongly about the issue.

"If you block at all, that's too much," he told SB Nation. "It's racing, not blocking. I'm fed up with it, and it's a problem that's getting worse – it's not getting better. More guys are doing it."

Stewart said one unnamed driver blocked him twice coming off Turn 2. The first time, Stewart went in the opposite direction. The second time, the driver tried to box Stewart in behind another car – and Stewart got irritated.

"So I just went where I was going to go," he said. "When he blocked me the second time, I'm like, 'I've had it.' Pretty much from now on, if anyone blocks me, they're not going to like the consequences of it."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:39 pm

this is the same guy who ran over ryan at daytona two years ago and ruined ryans day..
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm

OMG REALLY??? Does ANYTHING make u ppl happy? Tony admits fault and u bash him....if he had blamed someone else it would have been the same......he was #### if he did and #### if he dont......... At least he was man enuff to own up to it....unlike some others i wont mention..... His wrecking the field ruined my points day too......i had 14, 15, and 16 w/ 2 for bonus....all of which was up there in that contention...... but geeze louise folks.... its Dega..... he did what he was supposed to do...block for the win.... he misjudged Mikey's run..... :roll:

And Yes Schmoop.....very happy Ryan got that top 10..... :)

tc

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Rochelle wrote:I see it's ok for him to do it and take out 20 cars, but not ok for anyone to do it to him. I'd say that makes him a hypocrite...

Yes, I'm ticked cause he took out my 15 and 5 cars...

Tony Stewart After NASCAR Brickyard Race: Don't Block Me Again...Or Else

By Jeff Gluck on Jul 29, 6:01p

Tony Stewart was quite the in-race reporter for ESPN on Sunday.

During a late caution period, when Dale Jarrett innocently checked in to see how ol' Smoke's day was going, Stewart told the national audience he was tired of drivers blocking him on the track.

If another driver switched lanes to block him, he said, he would "park them" for the rest of the day. And after Stewart salvaged a 10th-place finish, he still felt strongly about the issue.

"If you block at all, that's too much," he told SB Nation. "It's racing, not blocking. I'm fed up with it, and it's a problem that's getting worse – it's not getting better. More guys are doing it."

Stewart said one unnamed driver blocked him twice coming off Turn 2. The first time, Stewart went in the opposite direction. The second time, the driver tried to box Stewart in behind another car – and Stewart got irritated.

"So I just went where I was going to go," he said. "When he blocked me the second time, I'm like, 'I've had it.' Pretty much from now on, if anyone blocks me, they're not going to like the consequences of it."

im not big on reading..... next time can ya just post the cliff notes? even that might be too much for my brain,
<<

smokinTA

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm

tonycrazy wrote:OMG REALLY??? Does ANYTHING make u ppl happy? Tony admits fault and u bash him....if he had blamed someone else it would have been the same......he was #### if he did and #### if he dont......... At least he was man enuff to own up to it....unlike some others i wont mention..... His wrecking the field ruined my points day too......i had 14, 15, and 16 w/ 2 for bonus....all of which was up there in that contention...... but geeze louise folks.... its Dega..... he did what he was supposed to do...block for the win.... he misjudged Mikey's run..... :roll:

And Yes Schmoop.....very happy Ryan got that top 10..... :)

tc

Seriously...I agree with you TC! I watched the end of that race over and over. What I saw was #55 and #13 coming strong, but Casey Mears hit Mikey's rear a little cattywhampus which turned Mikey up just a bit and Mikey caught the driver side of Tony's rear. Blame really goes to nobody as you said TC, it's Talladega!!! It's racing!!! It's why we tune in and watch...some folks are just so ________. :roll: You know who you are, fill in the blank!
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

I didn't bash anyone. I posted what he said at Indy and today he does the same thing he was griping about other people doing to him. Only he takes out half the field. How is that bashing? Seems like stating facts to me but at least I didn't go ranting like a lunatic.

Why can't anyone disagree with some civility? Why does everyone take things so personally? Geez, get a grip, I have the same right to state my peace as anyone else.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm

I didn't bash anyone. I posted what he said at Indy and today he does the same thing he was griping about other people doing to him. Only he takes out half the field. How is that bashing? Seems like stating facts to me but at least I didn't go ranting like a lunatic.
Rochelle wrote:I see it's ok for him to do it and take out 20 cars, but not ok for anyone to do it to him. I'd say that makes him a hypocrite...

really?? hhmmm ok
Ummm what part of his interview did he say it was ok for him to do it? did we not watch the same one??
and as for ur quoted txt of an interview from a past race maybe u should read the whole thing....the situation wasnt just he was blocked....it was a continual ongoing issue...he attempted several times to avoid it.....he finally got "fed up" wouldnt u? some one was intentionally trying to keep him from going ahead of them....if u r slower than the car behind u and u refuse to let them go then u get what u deserve....and all the drivers will tell u....its one thing to block during reg laps...but another when ur goin for the win....which he was....

however w/ all this said....no one was pointing a finger at u....but if the guilt lays upon u then maybe it should of.....lol Thanks for pointing it out tho.....and if stating my opinion or thots makes me a lunatic then what area of senility does that put u...?

Im usually not into all this dribble but im feeling a bit bored today and thot id amuze myself....hahaha

tc

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing