FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR and Walmart announced a new relationship

<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am

NASCAR and Walmart announced a new relationship

Just prior to the 53rd running of the Great American Race – the Daytona 500 – NASCAR and Walmart announced a new relationship: the most comprehensive retail partnership and promotion NASCAR and its teams have ever been involved in.

The program, branded “Race Time” is designed to give Walmart customers and race fans not just new NASCAR branded merchandise but also special savings on race tickets available for select races on see.walmart.com/NASCAR. The deal represents a convergence of merchandise and sponsor product in more than 1,500 Walmart stores, reaching the length and breadth of the country.
This partnership represents the first time Walmart has entered into a direct source relationship of this depth with a major sporting league. Walmart serves customers more than 200 million times a week at 8,800 retail outlets in 15 different countries. In fiscal year 2010, Walmart had sales of $405 billion and moving forward this new NASCAR program “Race Time” will only help add to that bottom line.
“We know our customers are NASCAR fans, and we continue to look for ways to provide unforgettable family experiences as well as greater value in every aspect of their lives,” said Stephen Quinn, Chief Marketing Officer, Walmart U.S. “We’re very pleased to introduce this program to our customers and help them save money while fully experiencing the excitement of NASCAR.”
Participating Walmart stores will offer exciting merchandise such as T-shirts, racing flags, and tailgating food and beverages with even more selection of merchandise on see.walmart.com/NASCAR. In addition, Walmart customers and NASCAR fans can save money by purchasing a discount ticket package, one that’s available exclusively on the dedicated area of the site. These special deals include four race tickets, four hot dogs, four beverages and one race program for just $99, a savings of approximately $100.*
Paul Brooks, Senior Vice President of NASCAR is just one of many executives excited about how these types of deals can develop ways for fans to add NASCAR into their budget while saving money. “This program will allow us to get even deeper into product development over the coming years,” he explained. “With Walmart helping us deliver exciting new products at affordable prices to our fans.”
Walmart will also create specialized NASCAR fan events at several stores in every race market throughout the 36-race, 10-month season featuring real stock car race displays, special appearances by professional drivers and racing simulator machines enabling fans to get safely behind the wheel of a 3,400 lb stock car and to feel the sheer power and adrenaline rush that is just part and parcel of the country’s most popular form of motorsports.
The partnership came together under the aegis of the NASCAR Team Properties group, which was founded in July of 2010. This new entity, which represents a large majority of the sports’ most popular drivers and teams, continues to bring on world class companies to handle licensing categories and retail programs. The formation of this group allows for new and aggressive partnerships that would not have been possible without the consolidation of rights by teams and the sanctioning body. The massive Walmart deal is just one example of the sort of agreement this new group is looking to forge.
The NASCAR Team Properties, which is open to any NASCAR national series race team that chooses to participate, explores merchandising opportunities in four key categories – apparel, collectible die-cast, toys and trackside retail. Team Properties currently consists of 11 teams, as well as NASCAR and represents more than 30 top drivers.
As the partnership continues to grow across the 2011 season and beyond, more and more merchandise and sponsor products will be added to the line creating one of the most comprehensive “one-stop shop” style locations for NASCAR fans anywhere and with special extremely competitive ticket packages also on sale as well, there will be something for every fan in the new “Race Time” program.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 am

Re: NASCAR and Walmart announced a new relationship

I've been to 3 or 4 Walmarts in northern Indiana / southwest Michigan, and haven't seen anything about this. Must only be in select areas.
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm

I don't think they have emplamented it yet.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

dfizban

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Hope it starts soon I need more Stewart and Smith stuff. So you all know Smith is my grandsons cousin. : ) Got to rout for family.
Where there is Smoke there is a fire to win!!!
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 am

I have always gotten pretty good quality appearel from NASCAR.com and I have to say that the standard of clothing from Walmart is less than desirable. I would hope that they get their clothing and other merchandise from NASCAR and not from some cheap short cut second rate supplier.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 am

the one year i found all these cool tye dyes with the drivers numbers on them, sometimes ya get lucky with the stuff they set out.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Finding NASCAR stuff here.......you just don't find it. They use to have Hendricks at my grocery store (it's like a Wal-mart super store), but now they just have Ohio state stuff.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."

Return to NASCAR & Racing