FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hamlin

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Hamlin

Holy cow that was a beatdown. If he'd qualified where he should have, he'da come close to leading all 300 laps. Two years ago he'da folded like a lawn chair in the face of the problems he's had the last two weeks. He's got that swagger he has when everything's going right, even when it isn't. Questions remain about his team - I'm still in disbelief that a top-level NASCAR team could make that kind of mistake Friday - but the driver's ready to win a championship. I know a lot of people find him to be a little too cocky, but I like him a lot. His Babe Ruth imitation after the race was hilarious.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Hamlin

Denny was on Inside NASCAR on Showtime last night. It was a great interview. He talked about the tire pressure error last week. They had race pressures on one side and qualifying pressures on the other, that's why the car was so bad. He said he'd rather have had race pressures all around. They had a camera shot of him putting an arm around the tire guy, basically saying they'd be ok. The poor tire guy was just shaking his head. It was kind of funny, as he was coming back in after qualifying, he thought they were maybe in the teens but was shocked when they told him 32nd. Pretty funny. He also talked about how he's been working on his restarts instead of trying to be careful, he's just going for it. He really praises Darian. I think Denny and Darian are a better fit, personality wise. I think Tony needs a little stronger personality and that's why he and Steve get along.

He said the tweet about winning was more to assure his team and fans that they'd be ok after running out of gas at Chicago.

He's much more confident and mature than he was 2 years ago.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:59 pm

POLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking he's loving Dover now...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Ummmmmm... I'm thinking there are still gremlins between his ears regarding Dover. Could be wrong, but pole or no pole, I don't expect him to do as well tomorrow.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing