Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Ryan Hunter Reay turned down Penske out of loyalty to Andretti & his team,according to Robin Miller. he resigned with Andretti & his sponsors wanted him back.

How often can you say you heard of someone turning down a Penske Indy car ride?

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I thought he should have gone to Penske. But I understand completely why he didn't.

There was a time when Hunter Reay didn't have a ride and Andretti decided to give him a chance. Even when sponsorship was running low (IZOD also helped out too).

Now he wants to show he appreciates that by being loyal to him. Andretti has lost a few drivers to bigger teams. The late Dan Wheldon went to Ganassi right after he won a title for Andretti. And after Franchitti's NASCAR adventure he raced for Ganassi in Indycars. So Hunter Reay has decided that he wants to stick with them.

But if you want to win the Indy 500, a Ganassi or Penske car is what you need.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I thought he should have gone to Penske. But I understand completely why he didn't.

There was a time when Hunter Reay didn't have a ride and Andretti decided to give him a chance. Even when sponsorship was running low (IZOD also helped out too).

Now he wants to show he appreciates that by being loyal to him. Andretti has lost a few drivers to bigger teams. The late Dan Wheldon went to Ganassi right after he won a title for Andretti. And after Franchitti's NASCAR adventure he raced for Ganassi in Indycars. So Hunter Reay has decided that he wants to stick with them.

But if you want to win the Indy 500, a Ganassi or Penske car is what you need.

I always appreciate & respect drivers that have loyalty. Especially when it isnt the best move. Shows their character.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil: The Indy side of things, i can honestly say i understand and have alot of respect for Hunter Reay,weren't for Mikey-we would have never known his talent. ;) Roger is like the Yankees,he often likes to steal the best or potential best drivers. :mrgreen: Roger has been turned down before by other drivers, but very seldom.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 pm

wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?

The forum is Nascar and racing in general and since you didn't get the point,i guess i can understand why you asked that question. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by wolfgang on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?

The forum is Nascar and racing in general and since you didn't get the point,i guess i can understand we you asked that question. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But this thread was about Indycar... Never mind.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm

I have a NASCAR question which is: When did Kevin Harvick get a chance to leave Childress? I know how he got into cup and before that Natonwide but did he drive for someone else before that? Also while I'm still on a NASCAR run here Was it Dick Trickle who got Kurt Busch a cup ride when a member of of Dick's family passed away?

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)


oh wolf not many are hip to the way you talk............

i read how penske said he would hire the dink back for either indy or nascar,

RHR doesnt need penske, he is on a nice team, wolf is right anytime some driver does well penske steals them away so kudos to RHR........

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)


oh wolf not many are hip to the way you talk............

i read how penske said he would hire the dink back for either indy or nascar,

RHR doesnt need penske, he is on a nice team, wolf is right anytime some driver does well penske steals them away so kudos to RHR........

What's the matter with the way i talk,is it my red nose? :lol:

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm

it might be, some are intimidated by it...

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm

ndunn wrote:I have a NASCAR question which is: When did Kevin Harvick get a chance to leave Childress? I know how he got into cup and before that Natonwide but did he drive for someone else before that? Also while I'm still on a NASCAR run here Was it Dick Trickle who got Kurt Busch a cup ride when a member of of Dick's family passed away?

Last time his contract was near ending with RCR Penske offered him a ride and the dumb chit turned it down.Kurt i don't know how he came into the Nascar,Harvick started in the Truck series for a low buck team when RCR and Dale Snr.discovered him.Kevin was suppose to be Dale Snrs. team mate when he came up from the Busch series where he ran the #2 for RCR.

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 pm

michaeljohn wrote:it might be, some are intimidated by it...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Penske lost another championship this year,thou i am a Penske fan, i have to say i'm happy for Hunter and Mikey.shhhh don't tell Roger. ;)
Post a reply