FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Will Furniture Row keep Smith?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:29 am

Will Furniture Row keep Smith?

#78-Regan Smith would like to see his deal extended with Furniture Row. Having driven for the team part-time in 2009, Smith finished 28th in the standings in 2010 and 26th in 2011 with a win at Darlington. He is 23rd in the standings this year but since crew chief Todd Berrier joined the team in July, Smith has an average finish of 17th-seven spots better than his average finish for the first 19 races. "It's been going really good so far," Smith said. "Our performance has been greatly improved since he came on board. & We want to get to where we know we're capable of being, one step further up the grid. The case has been made. We'll see how things play out. My first option is to be here. This is the place where I want to be and as long as they want me here, then that's fine and it's a happy fit." With rumors swirling that [Furniture Row] might pursue [Kurt] Busch, Smith emphasized that he wants to stay with the team. "We've grown together," Smith said. "We've gone through a lot together. I want to make sure we go through the really, really peaks of the mountain together. We'll see how it plays out. You're always talking. There's a lot of stuff going on in the garage area right now. That's no different than this time of year in any year

From Jayski

If they dump Regan for Busch, it will be a prick move & I hope it backfires on them.
Regan is a long term driver for furniture row vs. Busch who would be just passing through.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Will Furniture Row keep Smith?

If Kurt came to Furniture Row a second car is probably too late in the game. So Regan is as good as gone. And it looks like James Finch might be closing up shop (Kurt has wrecked so many cars he put him out of business LOL).

I understand why Furniture Row would take Kurt, he is a great driver, not many are better than him. And Furniture Row has their own $$ so Kurt could elevate that team to another level. It would be an opportunity that they would be foolish to not take. Just sucks for Regan if they have to kick him out.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:If Kurt came to Furniture Row a second car is probably too late in the game. So Regan is as good as gone. And it looks like James Finch might be closing up shop (Kurt has wrecked so many cars he put him out of business LOL).

I understand why Furniture Row would take Kurt, he is a great driver, not many are better than him. And Furniture Row has their own $$ so Kurt could elevate that team to another level. It would be an opportunity that they would be foolish to not take. Just sucks for Regan if they have to kick him out.

thats what they said about Kurt in the 51 car. Al he has done is wreck & underperform there.
Kurt would only be there for a season, while he works his way back to the upper teams. I dont think it would be a good idea for the 78 team unless they signed Kurt long term.
If they do make that move I pray Karma gets the 78 team.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 am

You can't really say he has underperformed because for that to be the case there would have to had been expectations of him doing better than he is currently doing right now. And I think he is performing how most people thought he would in that car.

Kicking Smith out for Kurt would be like when Mikey kicked out Reutimann for Martin. I wouldn't mind seeing a little karma toward the 78 if they do this.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 am

kurt is a jerk, he has no class, he did nothing to improve the 51 team, except destroy cars, he doesnt believe in the concept of team, so if any team wants him, the deserve what they get, and what they will get is a douche that screams at people, not because he has fire or passion, because he has no people skills....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Funny, I just watched Inside NASCAR on Showtime again. I love when they play the in-car without bleeping. The elf has not changed one bit except maybe in interviews outside the car. His F-bombs Saturday night were epic. He drew that word out for at least 10 seconds more than once. Then stated he hated his job. Furniture Row deserves to go bankrupt if they hire that idiot. How does he not realize that he's where he is because of his mouth. He's not in a top car, how can he possibly expect to run with the big dogs? Smith doesn't wreck cars every week like he used to. They would be stupid to sign the elf regardless of his talent level because he'd still be wrecking cars and abusing the spotter, cc and pit crew. Furniture Row would be putting in hundreds of thousands of dollars more than they are now just to replace cars. Finch is in trouble because of the body changes to the cars next year. He would need all new cars because there won't be any used ones to buy yet. And, he'd need a ton of them, strike that, tons of them. Besides, I've noticed that the elf doesn't get any more attention than Smith does during a race. Personally, I think it would be a bad move.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

he is a phoney, he thinks race fans are stupid, well some are, but he will act all cheerful in a interview, but the 2nd the camera is gone, back to his asinine self,
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

If I was the crew chief at Furniture Row.........I wouldn't let the door hit me in the behind....They couldn't pay me enough money to put up with that type verbal abuse.. I don't know of a sponsorship that would want to be associated with Kurt...Mr Furniture Row, if you want to sponsor some one throw your money Ryan's way, he is a sponsors dream not a someones worst nightmare!

..OK,having said that, does anyone know who the crew chief is? See where I am going with this..... :)

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Todd Berrier is crew chief on the 78. He came over in July, I think, so I don't think he should be going anywhere.

His name should be familiar, he was with RCR till this year, then he was GM and CC for Bobby Labonte. He's a good crew chief and since he's been on the 78, they went from 26th to 23rd place in the standings. I believe he's a keeper.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 pm

shr would get rid of ryan before the tuna, so i can see them keepin todd and brining that twirp in, like they say, be careful what ya wish for, ya just might get it.......
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I would not wish that on anyone. Well, maybe someone... :twisted:

Return to NASCAR & Racing