FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rusty Wallace just it on the nail

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Rusty Wallace just it on the nail

Wasn't a fan of Rusty when he was a driver. But I have since become a fan of him as a commentator. He gives good opinions. He just said that he thinks Penske made a mistake with putting Joey in the 22 car and not Sam Hornish Jr. That Hornish Jr deserved the ride. I agree 100%. Hornish Jr did everything right in that 22 car. Joey is a nice guy. But that ride should have gone to Hornish Jr. I feel bad for him. Penske pretty much toyed with him making him think he had a shot in the 22 car.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Rusty Wallace just it on the nail

Rusty was so right........Sam is a much better driver than Joey and he has earned the right to be in the 22....... I think Brad had a lot to do with this decision! :roll: This reminds me a little of what happened to Ryan! Time will tell if Joey can even be competitive in the 22 car.......I just don't see that happening.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I agree I think Hornish would be better in the 22.
but the hype is Joey is sliced bread & Hornish Sir Wrecksalot.
I think Hornish has shown something since coming back, & joey only does as well as he has because he is in a top notch team.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Sam has done ok with the 22, but he at least needs some wins in NW. Let him win a NW championship and then I'll agree he deserves a Cup ride. Now that Joey will be away from JGR next year, I believe he'll step it up. He's always been in the shadow of Tony's run in the 20 and I think he'll be good in the 22. I do think it will take a little time though. But, who knows, he could bomb. He was never given a fair shot by bringing him in too soon, but, like he said, you're not going to say no.

I have to disagree about Rusty. He's the one that put his idiot son in a car for far too many years so his judgement is questionable.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Rusty Wallace was great in a race car and that's all i got! :mrgreen:
BK wanted Joey over at Penske according to Joey and i say-SAY WHAT? !!!!!!!!!!!
Don't care,i'm only pulling for the #2 only!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 pm

there is a clause in the pennzoil/penske contract, that the sponsor has last say who goes in the car, pennzoil was going to make a push for edwards, but jack has a death grip on him.....
as far as sam goes they might bring him to cup with the current sponsor from the NW, and so if he stays in NW for another year, it will build his confidence more, rather have that than pushed into a ride cuz he he had a couple good runs. this will be a good start for joey, he had the pressure of taking over a top ride at 18, JGR pushed him into the car, instead of having a year or two under his belt in NW,

its great to see all the love for sammy, when months ago people wanted his head on a platter cuz he bumped danica at dega.....
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:59 pm

michaeljohn wrote:there is a clause in the pennzoil/penske contract, that the sponsor has last say who goes in the car, pennzoil was going to make a push for edwards, but jack has a death grip on him.....
as far as sam goes they might bring him to cup with the current sponsor from the NW, and so if he stays in NW for another year, it will build his confidence more, rather have that than pushed into a ride cuz he he had a couple good runs. this will be a good start for joey, he had the pressure of taking over a top ride at 18, JGR pushed him into the car, instead of having a year or two under his belt in NW,

its great to see all the love for sammy, when months ago people wanted his head on a platter cuz he bumped danica at dega.....

Danica,#### i was cheering when Sam had to get her out of the way!LOL
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:21 pm

I was a huge fan of Rusty for a long time.
My wife has been a huge fan of Sam for a long time. He was a quiet competitor for the most part in the old IRL. He was a good USAC driver as well. It made my wife's day when we saw Sam cross the finish line just ahead of Marco at the Indy 500. That was a nerve-racking last lap to say the least. Who knows, maybe after next year's NW season is over, Tony will have enough sponsorship for a 4th car in the stable for Sam.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Nooooooooooooo Sammy and Danica in the same shop :shock:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Don't think for a second Roger would let Sam go anywhere.Honestly,i had my doubts about Sam in Nascar,but this season he seems to be coming around.Would like to see him succeed in Nascar and this year in NW alone he is still a contender for the championship and i hope he wins over RCR or Roush.Rusty i always liked myself Jamo,1993 was the greatest season i can remember to date bettween he and Dale.Dale was always my fav all time,but that year i didn't care which of the two won the Cup-they were both awesome.
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm

1993 was a great season....didn't think anything would measure up to 92, but things were stil tight towards the end of the non-fabricated nascar of old ;)

<<

racer1

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 am

Ok--what are some of you smoking because you couldnt be more wrong about Hornish being better then Joey--good grief. Have you seen Joeys results and all his wins this yr in NNS compared to Sams 1 win in almost 6 yrs. Also Joey is 10 yrs younger and Iam sure the team is preparing moreso for the future and not living in the past trying to be fair with Hornish. Afterall for those who follow Nascar, many other drivers who only have 1 win in almost 6 yrs do NOT even have a ride anymore. Just because Hornish has an owner who likes him as he won the Indy500 long ago, and he has finally stepped it up this yr and doing well, look how long its taken him. Its about choosing the best driver for the teams future, and BTW--Iam NOT a fan of either driver. Sam will get his shot to show them with his PT runs in Cup and IF he can ever win, things could change. esp IF Joey doesnt do well as expected. 8-)
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:48 pm

yes Joey has a couple cup wins, and NW wins, but I believe Joey is going backwards and Sam is finally getting a hold on these cars and improving.

Danica will also get better in a couple years as well, as she has seen what Sam has went through to get to the point he is at. She is keeping an open mind (like Sam has) and has gone for as much seat time as she can.

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:00 pm

They were just talking on Race Day and said Penske tried to get Joey last year but JGR said no. It was then that they went for AJ. So that makes sense that he was their pick now. I honestly think Sam needs another year in NW.

Somebody on twitter compared Joey and BK to Beavis and Butthead. They showed a picture of each in approximately the same stance and it was hilarious. Joey laughed and said he couldn't argue with that. It wasn't malicious at all, just funny.
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 am

Maybe Joey going to a new team will be a good fit for him. Afterall, it's a team sport. A good crew can't do it w/o a good driver, and a good driver can't do it w/o a good crew.

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing