FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Travis Pastrana in the 60 car at RIR

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Travis Pastrana in the 60 car at RIR

X Games and Rally Cross champion Travis Pastrana will pilot Roush Fenway's #60 entry in this weekend's Nationwide Series race at Richmond International Speedway. "It's a truly awesome opportunity to get behind the wheel of the Roush Fenway #60 Ford Mustang," said Pastrana. "Roush Fenway Racing has a strong background as the most successful team in the history of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and I'm pleased to be driving for a legend like Jack Roush this weekend at Richmond. Pastrana, who has eight Nationwide Series starts under his belt, made his NASCAR debut at Richmond earlier this season, finishing 22nd. He scored a career-best 13th-place finish last month at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway and led his first career lap this past weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.(Roush Fenway Racing)(9-3-2012)

Great deal for Travis. After how he performed at Atlanta I think he is on the way up and can do great things in that 60 car.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Travis Pastrana in the 60 car at RIR

I love Pastrana! He has such a great personality and is very appreciative of the chances he's been given.

Did you hear his radio transmission when he got to restart in the lead last week? If that doesn't make you like the guy, there's no hope for ya!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Rochelle wrote:I love Pastrana! He has such a great personality and is very appreciative of the chances he's been given.

Did you hear his radio transmission when he got to restart in the lead last week? If that doesn't make you like the guy, there's no hope for ya!

he has a great personality, i liked when he first raced at richmond, he said on the radio during the race.... "just let me finish ahead of the girls." i thought that was classic, he said it with a chuckle in his voice and it was refreshing, he wasnt pretending to be great, he wasnt trying to be loud, just something that came naturally.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Haha, I heard that too. His enthusiasm reminds me of Max Papis. Max used to get so excited when he'd qualify, he'd be all smiles and could hardly contain himself. He now coaches the Dillon boys and I'm hoping he's a good influence on them.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Rochelle wrote:I love Pastrana! He has such a great personality and is very appreciative of the chances he's been given.

Me too!!! Next to Tony, Travis my second favorite....then it's Nelson Piquet.......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing