FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Joey and the 22

<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Joey and the 22

This from Jayski...

UPDATE: Joey Logano, who has spent his entire NASCAR career with Joe Gibbs Racing and has six Nationwide wins and one in Sprint Cup this season, will move to Penske Racing to drive its #22 Ford in 2013. An official announcement of Logano's move to Penske could come as early as Tuesday as well, multiple sources confirmed. A request for comment from Penske Racing was not returned Monday.(Charlotte Observer)(9-4-2012)

Not written in cement, but Jayski is usually right.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: Joey and the 22

Jayski is a form of media which equals rumor at this point. Until we see something from JGR and or Penske, I am not taking anything at face value. I realized that a long time ago.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Report: Logano agrees to drive for Penske in 2013
By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 18 hours ago

Joey Logano has reached an agreement to drive for Penske Racing next year, ESPN.com reported Monday.
Logano will drive the No. 22 Ford, or a third car, for Penske, and an announcement of the addition of Logano could come on Tuesday, according to the report.
Matt Kenseth, who announced in June he will part ways with Roush Fenway Racing at the end of the 2012 season, will replace Logano in the No. 20 Toyota, sources told ESPN.com.
Joe Gibbs Racing is expected to announce the Kenseth deal at a news conference Tuesday.
JGR president J.D. Gibbs said last week he was hoping to re-sign Logano, who has spent his entire NASCAR career with Gibbs. But apparently he was unable to do so.

Source: Joey Logano to Penske
By David Newton | ESPN.com Updated: September 4, 2012, 2:59 PM ET

Joey Logano has reached a deal to drive for Penske Racing in 2013, a source close to the situation confirmed to ESPN.com on Monday.

Logano will drive the No. 22 Ford for Penske. Logano is being replaced in Joe Gibbs Racing's No. 20 Toyota by Matt Kenseth. Kenseth, the 2003 Sprint Cup champion, is parting ways with Roush Fenway Racing at season's end.

Joe Gibbs Racing announced the Kenseth deal at a news conference Tuesday afternoon. Penske's deal with Logano is expected to be announced later Tuesday.

JGR president J.D. Gibbs said last week at Bristol Motor Speedway that he was hoping to re-sign Logano and add a fourth Cup team if sponsorship could be found. Logano, who has spent his entire NASCAR career with Gibbs, recently said he was not interested in a part-time Cup ride and full-time Nationwide Series ride, which was one of his options at JGR.

Kenseth announced in June he was leaving the Roush stable after the season. He confirmed then he had a deal with another team, but wasn't allowed to elaborate.

Sam Hornish Jr. has been driving the No. 22 Dodge since AJ Allmendinger's suspension and subsequent release for failing a drug test in July.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Done deal :D I'm glad for Joey. This is his opportunity for a fresh start and I hope he does well.

It's Official - Joe Logano signs with Penske Racing: Penske Racing announced that Joey Logano will join the team in 2013. He will drive the #22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Logano, 22, a two-time Sprint Cup Series winner who is currently competing in his fourth full season, will begin a multi-year agreement with Penske Racing. "I am very excited to join Penske Racing and begin the next phase of my career," said Logano. "I am looking forward to the opportunity as it will be an honor to drive for Roger Penske and race for wins and championships. I am also proud to represent Shell-Pennzoil as they are a respected global brand that does a great job of activating in the sport on and off the track."
"Joey Logano is a very talented driver who has already achieved a lot of success at a young age," said Tim Cindric, President of Penske Racing. "Joey is a great fit for our organization and we look forward to building on his success as he takes his place behind the wheel of the #22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford."
"We welcome Joey Logano to the Shell-Pennzoil team, and we know he will do a great job representing our brands and Penske Racing in 2013 and beyond," said Lisa Davis, president, Shell Lubricants Americas. "Joey is clearly a special talent on the race track, and we look forward to working with him off the track as well."
Logano will join Brad Keselowski, a three-time race winner and championship contender in 2012, and the #2 Miller Lite Ford team to form a potent combination for Penske Racing in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.(Penske Racing)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Great,first Mayfly,then Bushnuts,then Dingelbury and now {sorry-don't have one for Joey} come on Roger,what the #### are yah thinking? Ryan and BK were great picks,but i'm not so sure i understand anymore,were there no other choices? :?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am

i would say 90% of the time, if a rumor has legs and jayski reports it, it will eventually come true, and to show you how much merit it has espn bought into his website a couple years ago because, he was the one true source for any form of info.

Return to NASCAR & Racing