FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gotta feel bad for Carl Edwards

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 am

Gotta feel bad for Carl Edwards

The guy ties for the championship and only loses because he didn't win enough. Yet handles himself as a winner. And now a year later no wins and he isn't even going to make the chase short of a miracle. I feel bad for him and his team. And I remain impressed with him. Tony himself said that he can't believe how well Carl has been handling himself this year. And think we can all learn from him how to act in times of adversity. I know a few people here don't like Carl and are probably happy about his current situation. But it kinda sucks when the good guys don't get what they deserve.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Gotta feel bad for Carl Edwards

Carl does appear to be a good guy etc but that doesnt get him anything in Nascar except maybe PR points. Showing anger, frustration and throwing helmets is what the fans want to see according to Nascar. Remember the old addage "nice guys finish last"--Well???

Wouldnt surprise me if 5 time became 6 time at yrs end, or DG will be a Chase winner again, only with Hamlin? I doubt Tony can pull it off this yr? 8-)
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 am

You really do have to feel bad.......interesting rumor of Carl and the 22 ride, which he denied but you have to wonder if he is questioning his decision to stay with Rousch and .....Martin Truex he almost had it!! So close......and Ryan just a victim of being in the wrong place at the right time ..... :( :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

pgtparts

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 am

I feel bad for Carl. Nice guy? Bad guy is what got him so close to having a championship last year. Pushing, punting and flipping other driver's cars and not caring how he did it put him in that position. I have seen none of that this year. Maybe this year his cars were not good enough to "need" to push others out of the way. He does seem a bit timid this year. It is too late now but he might need to consider going back to that style where is is so successful for next year .
Enjoy life. It is much to short to do otherwise.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm staying out of this cause flipper is exactly where I like him to be with no wins.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Truex is the one I feel bad for. :( He had that race won until the last caution & restart.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Truex is the one I feel bad for. :( He had that race won until the last caution & restart.

The way BK was coming i thought it would have been a battle bettween he and Truex and aside Harvick,there wasn't anyone else i wanted to see win that race at that point.The last caution sucked and Carl i find hard to ever feel sorry for. :lol:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Carl was snookered by the magician on the very last day. Tony had a dersire to win that championship and he wasn't to be out smarted. His entire team including the CC threw themselves into a different world and pulled off one the best thrills NASCAR has ever had or ever will. Now the "best thrill" is my opinion and I'm sure other fans have their their own. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm

After that defeat, Carl is not the same........ that defeat took a toll on him and also the team....it is as if they have given up... He put everything he had into beating Tony and he couldn't do it ..........sometimes it is just really hard to loose :|. So close but yet so far!

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Annalee wrote:After that defeat, Carl is not the same........ that defeat took a toll on him and also the team....it is as if they have given up... He put everything he had into beating Tony and he couldn't do it ..........sometimes it is just really hard to loose :|. So close but yet so far!

Your are so right. Didn't the same thing happen to Denny a few years back and his next year was not good at all? I think in Carls case he kept a stiff upper lip trying to not show all the disappointment when perhaps he should have had a royal fit. Perhaps he did at home. The sad thing about all of this is the fact it is so public and every one who can type had their opinion in full view. I've posted this before but I'd like to say it again.......I have the Homstead race on DVD and when I need cheering up I play it and the thrill never changes. The only other time I cherished the checkers was Tony's first win of the Brickyard 400. I always am thrilled with all his wins but the two wins are awesome. I just hope when he wins the Dayton 500 I will survive it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 pm

[/quote]
Your are so right. Didn't the same thing happen to Denny a few years back and his next year was not good at all? I think in Carls case he kept a stiff upper lip trying to not show all the disappointment when perhaps he should have had a royal fit. Perhaps he did at home. The sad thing about all of this is the fact it is so public and every one who can type had their opinion in full view. I've posted this before but I'd like to say it again.......I have the Homstead race on DVD and when I need cheering up I play it and the thrill never changes. The only other time I cherished the checkers was Tony's first win of the Brickyard 400. I always am thrilled with all his wins but the two wins are awesome. I just hope when he wins the Dayton 500 I will survive it.[/quote]

I have the same DVD ........I have watched it so so so so many times, it does my heart good......each time I cry like a baby...... His win at the Brickyard when they interviewed Zippy I just lost it........you just know how hard Tony and his team worked to get those wins and how badly he wanted and fought for them.......when I play that DVD my husband just hands me the box of Kleenex :lol: I think what is so special about Homestead is that you realize there is a force bigger than any of us riding with Tony that day.....I am so glad you enjoy it as much as I do......As for the Daytona 500 it would be like the triple crown....he will win it, I know it in my heart

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Dont feel sorry for him do not like him at all
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

tonysgirl14 wrote:Dont feel sorry for him do not like him at all

Ditto! :D
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

smokinTA

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:03 pm

wolfgang wrote:
tonysgirl14 wrote:Dont feel sorry for him do not like him at all

Ditto! :D

Ditto here as well!!! How can you feel sorry for a man in Flipper's position, he makes Millions of dollars and for what? 1 win last year, 0 this year, over paid and over hyped!!
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 am

Annalee wrote:

Your are so right. Didn't the same thing happen to Denny a few years back and his next year was not good at all? I think in Carls case he kept a stiff upper lip trying to not show all the disappointment when perhaps he should have had a royal fit. Perhaps he did at home. The sad thing about all of this is the fact it is so public and every one who can type had their opinion in full view. I've posted this before but I'd like to say it again.......I have the Homstead race on DVD and when I need cheering up I play it and the thrill never changes. The only other time I cherished the checkers was Tony's first win of the Brickyard 400. I always am thrilled with all his wins but the two wins are awesome. I just hope when he wins the Dayton 500 I will survive it.[/quote]

I have the same DVD ........I have watched it so so so so many times, it does my heart good......each time I cry like a baby...... His win at the Brickyard when they interviewed Zippy I just lost it........you just know how hard Tony and his team worked to get those wins and how badly he wanted and fought for them.......when I play that DVD my husband just hands me the box of Kleenex :lol: I think what is so special about Homestead is that you realize there is a force bigger than any of us riding with Tony that day.....I am so glad you enjoy it as much as I do......As for the Daytona 500 it would be like the triple crown....he will win it, I know it in my heart[/quote]

Your so right about the Homestead race. There was something else going on that night and I know it's not quite the right word but I use the word magic. For some reason the Brickyard first win was so special to watch as I knew if I screamed loud enough somehow it would help. Then when it was over I cried as I know how special the race was to Tony and the team. I also believe he'll win the Daytona 500.

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing