FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gotta feel bad for Carl Edwards

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Gotta feel bad for Carl Edwards

It was sheer determination, he willed himself to win. I have to admit, it was the most amazing race I've ever seen. They've been talking about this on most of the NASCAR programs as a possible scenario for whoever wins this year. Saying that you can't rule something like that out. I believe it can be ruled out because I honestly believe that was a once in a lifetime chase run. It did take the wind out of the 99's sails, just like when Denny lost the year before. I was at the Phoenix race that cost Denny the championship. Calling him in late in the race for gas was their undoing. It took Denny a long time to get over that and I did feel sorry for him. I just can't feel sorry for flipper because I don't like him.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:10 am

oh rochelle, that was my favorite moment as a nascar fan to date, when denny self destructed as he did, only a week before they were mocking the 48, claiming they were better, karma is a beautiful thing, now if he wanted to wait til he won the championship to raz the 48, it wouldnt have bothered me, but it was very premature on their part.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 pm

haha, Denny was very egotistical that year and it was not attractive. I love Denny but he said some stupid things. I'll never forget the "all we do is win" statements. Ugh. At the pit crew challenge his girlfriend wore a t-shirt with that saying and they won. Similar to the Grinch, but it was his head that grew a few sizes larger that year...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll be short and "kinda" sweet with my reply.... I'd rather root for Tony Stewart than Carl Edwards any day. With Tony, what you see is what you get... no pretense and he's actually a nicer guy than his persona. I believe 99 is the opposite of what I just stated about Tony. Sorry Smokeshow, I agree with you about a lot of things, but not the 99 driver.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing