FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How about that Ty Dillon?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: How about that Ty Dillon?

Rochelle wrote:
ndunn wrote:The Dillons will get way more respect for what they are doing when granddaddy keeps his nose out of their business. If anyone even looks cross eyed at them he is out there screaming his guts out. He has to butt out and let them learn the hard way or they will always be looked at like they have silver spoons in their mouths. We can't fault the kids for being born into a "rich" family but they can't expect loyalty for the money alone. The day I see grease under their finger nails is when they earn respect from me.

I agree. When they first came in and were doing well, I respected that. Now they seem to be spoiled and a little arrogant. I've heard some of the radio conversations between gramps and the boys and he's constantly telling them what to do. That, to me, says that maybe their "inherent talent" isn't so inherent. Unfortunately, they will never have to "sink or swim". Grandpa will make sure they always have rides as long as they want them.

while it is true they didnt have to earn their cushy rides, they do have talent & have done better than say Menard when he came in & knew he would always have a ride. So I get both sides of the debate. As far as attitude, I have more hope for Ty than I do Austin.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Ndunn is right that we can't hold it against them that they were born into a rich family. Then how are the Busch brothers different? They had a rich family, had good cars their whole careers, and got into great rides. They both have serious amounts of talent and would have made it if they were not related to Richard Childress. It just helps to know someone.

I don't see how they are spoiled at all. I do think Austin is gaining more confidence but he really doesn't say much. Ty is the more quieter and soft spoken one of the two. And I agree Childress should back off a little bit. But they are his grandkids so you have to think about that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

racer1

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 pm

To add a point, there are Champion drivers in Nascar going way back and to the present who did NOT have Nascar bloodlines nor family or connections that simply struggled yet worked hard to prove themselves. Some of those finally got some breaks due to hard work and became great Champions. THOSE drivers are the ones who get more respect in most circles, as drivers like the Dillons etc raised with the best of everything some figure havent earned much regardless of wnning, as they ARE expected to win. I think as an example, this is part of what Dale Jrs naysayers and non fans believe, as with his last name he is expected to do better then he has or will ever do, and that is his burden to bare whether he likes it or not. On the other side, it must be a burden for all those with the famous nascar heritage to carry and does put more pressure on them probably? Afterall--the GP loves the under-dogs. 8-)
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Ndunn is right that we can't hold it against them that they were born into a rich family. Then how are the Busch brothers different? They had a rich family, had good cars their whole careers, and got into great rides. They both have serious amounts of talent and would have made it if they were not related to Richard Childress. It just helps to know someone.

I don't see how they are spoiled at all. I do think Austin is gaining more confidence but he really doesn't say much. Ty is the more quieter and soft spoken one of the two. And I agree Childress should back off a little bit. But they are his grandkids so you have to think about that.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but not about the Busch brothers. They weren't born into one of the highest profile Cup car owners' family. They don't race for their family's team. I'm not saying they wouldn't make it without RCR, I would just like to see where they'd be if it wasn't for him. I think Austin is getting too cocky for my taste. Ty, not so, at least not yet. I agree they're both talented, but so are a lot of others that don't have the advantage of a multiple championship winning grandfather coaching them all race long, and he does coach them all race long. The one thing I do like is that they're paying their dues in the lower series, like everyone should. That's all I'm saying and only time will tell
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Rochelle wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Ndunn is right that we can't hold it against them that they were born into a rich family. Then how are the Busch brothers different? They had a rich family, had good cars their whole careers, and got into great rides. They both have serious amounts of talent and would have made it if they were not related to Richard Childress. It just helps to know someone.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but not about the Busch brothers. They weren't born into one of the highest profile Cup car owners' family. They don't race for their family's team. I'm not saying they wouldn't make it without RCR, I would just like to see where they'd be if it wasn't for him. I think Austin is getting too cocky for my taste. Ty, not so, at least not yet. I agree they're both talented, but so are a lot of others that don't have the advantage of a multiple championship winning grandfather coaching them all race long, and he does coach them all race long. The one thing I do like is that they're paying their dues in the lower series, like everyone should. That's all I'm saying and only time will tell

If I'm not mistaken Kurt got his first ride because of a very sad death in a family of a racer. He was a relative of a NASCAR cup racer who retired years ago. I wish I could think of the racers name but I can't. Kurt accepted the ride not knowing where it would go but now we all know.
If anyone remembers the situation and the name of the racer please reply.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokinTA

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:28 pm

...from Wikipedia...

Beginnings

Busch's first racing experience was in a Dwarf car at age 14 at Pahrump Valley Speedway.[7] He was put in the Dwarf car by his father.[8]

Busch earned his big break after Chris Trickle was wounded in a mysterious shooting (Trickle would die of the injuries over a year later and to this day the murderer has never been found). The Star Nursery team looked for a new driver to replace Trickle for the No. 70 team. Busch gained national exposure while competing against Ron Hornaday, Jr., Matt Crafton, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick and others for the first time in the 1997 Winter Heat Series at Tucson Raceway Park.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:24 pm

I didn't know that, it's interesting. It still isn't the same as the Dillon's though. I'd be willing to bet a lot of young drivers would just about sell their soul's to be a Dillon. It's not the brothers' fault, but it's to be expected.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm

i always liked matt dillon, <snicker>
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i always liked matt dillon, <snicker>

smarta$$ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 pm

ndunn wrote:The Dillons will get way more respect for what they are doing when granddaddy keeps his nose out of their business. If anyone even looks cross eyed at them he is out there screaming his guts out. He has to butt out and let them learn the hard way or they will always be looked at like they have silver spoons in their mouths. We can't fault the kids for being born into a "rich" family but they can't expect loyalty for the money alone. The day I see grease under their finger nails is when they earn respect from me.

BINGO! Ty not so bad,the other one i'd like to slap,especially after the last NW race and Poppy came to the rescue for fear Justin would kick his a$$! :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Clint Bowyer is the one who helped set the dirt cars up for one of the Dillion boys and in turn Richard gave him a ride.Must be he had no use for Bowyer anymore,cuz he got rid of the wrong driver and should have got rid of Burton! :roll:
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

wolfgang wrote:Clint Bowyer is the one who helped set the dirt cars up for one of the Dillion boys and in turn Richard gave him a ride.Must be he had no use for Bowyer anymore,cuz he got rid of the wrong driver and should have got rid of Burton! :roll:

All you have to do is look at where Clint is in the standings and where Burton is. I like Jeff, but he's kind of a done deal. If they don't find a full time sponsor for the 33 when Austin moves up, so long Jeff...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

I've always liked Burton, too, but I agree, he's done nothing lately and if I was in his shoes, I'd be worried about keeping my ride.

How old is he anyways?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 am

Burton is 45 years old. He is kind of at that age where retirement is coming anyway. I think RCR is going to allow him to retire there. He may be done. But he has done a lot of this sport and has been successful. He deserves to retire on his own terms. And if he wants to be like Bobby Labonte, then he should be allowed to.

And about Bowyer. He did not have sponsorship. Burton did. That is why Bowyer got the boot.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 am

there is a difference between getting the boot and not having sponsorship, besides, he is doing better than anyone at RCR
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing