FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How about that Ty Dillon?

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm

How about that Ty Dillon?

First career win and passes Kyle Busch (who I forgot how masterful he is when he is driving a truck). But still this was a win coming. The Dillon brothers keep impressing. And it was great for him to get a win. Just need Parker to win one.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 am

Re: How about that Ty Dillon?

Great 1st win for Ty.

Boy, was Kyle ever ticked off in his post-race interview. :shock: ;) :lol:

No triple sweep for Shrub this weekend. 8-)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh,is the race over? Poppy has alot of money in the #3 Truck and NW #3,what took him so long? Sorry if i don't seem as i give a rats ####,but while RCR dumps all his money and efforts into the lesser series,his Cup teams really suck! :x When either of Richards grandkiddies can do what either Skinner did in the Truck series or Harvick in the NW series i'll then be impressed. :mrgreen:
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 am

Do what Skinner did in a truck? Austin and Skinner both have one title each. Ty is a rookie who only has one finish outside the top 12. Austin has been amazing in Nw and is doing better than Harvick was doing this point of his career (Harvick had missed a race in his rookie nw season). And they are only 22 and 20. Both are just naturals. Never thought a true RCR fan would hate in his grand children :? .
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 am

he might be talking about wins also......
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:59 am

Well Skinner will always have more wins. Trucks is where he raced the most when he wasn't a fulltime cup driver.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:05 pm

even if ya compared the first 3 years stats, skinner had won 14 races, to austin's 4, personally i dont care, but i know where wolf is coming from, he feels childress spends more time on the his grandson's cars than RCR cars, and if you look at a performance wolf has a point, maybe its a coincidence, who knows
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm

There are people who feel that they are where they are at only because of blood. Sure it helps. But I am pretty sure of they were in other decent cars they would be performing the same. Nothing is given in spirts. RC said himself that each time they move up a series is because they earned the right to. Its just the perfect storm, two young fast drivers, a grand dad with a top tier team.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:30 pm

i never mentioned their skill, because it is obvious, i am trying to elaborate why wolf doesnt feel the same for them as others, of course it helps to have a relative in the highest form of american motorsports, what wolf feels is maybe RC is giving his grand kids more time than his sprint cup teams, and if RC was doing that, it is completely understandable, because he is proud of them and wants them to have the best gear and hope they can carry on the tradition at RCR
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm

MJ knows what i mean and far as the Dillons we can see they didn't get their talent fron their father who once went down pit road the wrong way,let alone couldn't drive.Skinner won more races his first season,rookie of the year,plus the championship,granted the competetion wasn't as tough as it is now,Harvick the same in Bush Series with RCR and they both won alot more races.Dillions have talent,but alot of it is not natural talent,it's trained talent by alot of experianced people.
The only race Skinner ever won was in Japan far as Cup and from what a Rep says at Lowes,they liked Skinner but they didn't like the fact alot of their money was going into the #3.That's why Lowes went to HMS and it appears they made a good investment there.
The Cup side of RCR and the #29 and even other fans have seen this,every time his sponsor or driver contract comes up they run good and it's the only time in 11yrs.The fans have expressed themselves repeatively to RCR and on Harvicks site about it and i don't know if it'll help,but the contract is up the end of next year.What i'm thinking is soon there will just be Roush,HMS and JGR equiptment out there if they don't do something soon,look at Ganassi this year and the few others who use Childress engines aside the lesser series.Since the loss of Dale Snr.RCR and DEI seemed to go down the crapper and for the life of me i can't understand why or was it all Dale,for sure at DEI. ;)
<<

racer1

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

All these young drivers like the Dillions that have the Nascar genes and heritage were all on dirt tracks, short tracks driving soon as they could sit upright and see over a steering wheel and reach the pedals. Therefore to see their talent on the track at 18-19 or any young age is not news compared to drivers who admittedly didnt start driving till in their 20's and then there are those in other categorys who never drove a stock car at all untill late in life and struggle in comparison. Nascar has lots of drivers like the Dillon so its nothing new and other young drivers like Kyle Larson winning at different levels. It all depends on where you start as how you may or may not be successfull and how long till you are--if ever-- in comparison to young drivers who grew up with a stock car steering wheel in their hand. The young Dillons having success is no surprise to me, nor to most others-considering their background. The one problem with the Dillons is they have big heads and attitude simply because of who they are and they will come to find out eventually other drivers will set them straight one way or another.

Another point regarding Kyle geting beat by Dillon, does anyone else care to see that since he blew up on the track and all his other nasty anger isssues and got suspended, he has calmed way down and as others have said--he has NOT been the same driver he once was with the nasty aggression and attitude, but--winning ALOT. Hes lost his "fight" and without that he just isnt the same as he once was, as he isnt "rowdy" anymore. 8-)
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 am

The Dillons will get way more respect for what they are doing when granddaddy keeps his nose out of their business. If anyone even looks cross eyed at them he is out there screaming his guts out. He has to butt out and let them learn the hard way or they will always be looked at like they have silver spoons in their mouths. We can't fault the kids for being born into a "rich" family but they can't expect loyalty for the money alone. The day I see grease under their finger nails is when they earn respect from me.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am

racer1 wrote:All these young drivers like the Dillions that have the Nascar genes and heritage were all on dirt tracks, short tracks driving soon as they could sit upright and see over a steering wheel and reach the pedals. Therefore to see their talent on the track at 18-19 or any young age is not news compared to drivers who admittedly didnt start driving till in their 20's and then there are those in other categorys who never drove a stock car at all untill late in life and struggle in comparison. Nascar has lots of drivers like the Dillon so its nothing new and other young drivers like Kyle Larson winning at different levels. It all depends on where you start as how you may or may not be successfull and how long till you are--if ever-- in comparison to young drivers who grew up with a stock car steering wheel in their hand. The young Dillons having success is no surprise to me, nor to most others-considering their background. The one problem with the Dillons is they have big heads and attitude simply because of who they are and they will come to find out eventually other drivers will set them straight one way or another.

Another point regarding Kyle geting beat by Dillon, does anyone else care to see that since he blew up on the track and all his other nasty anger isssues and got suspended, he has calmed way down and as others have said--he has NOT been the same driver he once was with the nasty aggression and attitude, but--winning ALOT. Hes lost his "fight" and without that he just isnt the same as he once was, as he isnt "rowdy" anymore. 8-)

Yeah^^^^^^^^ That.^^^^^^^^
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:57 am

well what he did in texas was uncalled for, he took hornaday out of the championship, and if he dont know how to challenge his desire to win, and his anger, well that is his hang up, just because you win in a lesser series doesnt mean your gonna run buckshot in sprint cup.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 pm

ndunn wrote:The Dillons will get way more respect for what they are doing when granddaddy keeps his nose out of their business. If anyone even looks cross eyed at them he is out there screaming his guts out. He has to butt out and let them learn the hard way or they will always be looked at like they have silver spoons in their mouths. We can't fault the kids for being born into a "rich" family but they can't expect loyalty for the money alone. The day I see grease under their finger nails is when they earn respect from me.

I agree. When they first came in and were doing well, I respected that. Now they seem to be spoiled and a little arrogant. I've heard some of the radio conversations between gramps and the boys and he's constantly telling them what to do. That, to me, says that maybe their "inherent talent" isn't so inherent. Unfortunately, they will never have to "sink or swim". Grandpa will make sure they always have rides as long as they want them.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing