FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is Brad Keselowski getting big headed?

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 am

Is Brad Keselowski getting big headed?

Okay look at some of the things he has said this year.

When he talked about the drug testing policy, I agreed with him 100% that no one should be taking supplements. But he went to far when he said that nothing should be allowed, including flintstone pills. Really?

After the nationwide race at Watkins Glen he said he and Carl had some good hard racing. But he wanted those to be nice points going into the chase. So you are telling me that if someone races you hard and you don't wreck the person you should get nice guy points? Nice guy points?

And then the next day he wrecks Kyle Busch on the last lap. That made him look like an idiot. Like he has double standards.

Then this whole Hendrick bending the rules things.

He talking like his opinion matters so much. It does a little. But not even as much as Casey Mears (who is the pole sitter btw). He is only in his third year and he thinks he is a veteran. He is still a baby when it comes to experience. He is talking way too much. He thinks that just because he has won a few races that he is Tony Stewart or something. I like him, I see a little of myself in him, he is brash and a really good driver. He should just stick to that and quit talking so much.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 am

Re: Is Brad Keselowski getting big headed?

No
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:48 am

yes he is, just cuz your a good driver doesnt mean everyone wants to hear your thoughts or better yet tattle tale on competitors, not to mention how he wants penske to advise him on who he puts in the 22, this has nothing to do with what talent he has, but 3 wins in a year dont meant crap.......
JJ said yesterday "thats his thing, he likes to talk."

just shows you how much of a weasel he is, he said he wasnt insinuating anything about HMS, what would you call if if you say a team is bending the rules? not even man enough to stand behind what he says.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Getting?
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Brad came into Cup with a Big head. he felt he could & should wreck anyone for any little wrong he flet someone might have done him. If anything he is better now than he was when he came into cup. So not sure where the "getting" big headed is coming from. he started that way.

I honestly dont care what he said about HMS (even if he never said HMS). That is what nascar wanted when they took the walls away in the garage areas. Plus the more I think about it. Not sure if he was attacking HMS or in a slick way telling Penske to step it up, without it seeming like he was attacking his own team (which would have been bad)
Now that nascar has openly said it is legal (whatever "it" is) maybe Penske will try some of those trick set ups.

But nonethelesss to answer the question. Brad has always had a big head in cup. No, getting about it.
ImageImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Got to stick up for my 3rd favorite driver. I don't think his head is getting bigger (though if it was that could be expected due to his success in the Sprint Cup over the last couple years). I think he is just really honest and says what he feels, just like Smoke does. I personally think he likes most of the drivers and usually is quick to give kudos to them post-race. Obviously, we're not going to agree with him a lot of the time because of our own biases and because we don't have all the info he does being a driver. You either like him or you don't. It's a personal preference. But if he WAS big headed, I'd say ... so what? He deserves it. And I personally have heard him say more nice things about other drivers and other teams than any other driver in a long time. But then, I admit to being biased.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Just third,how dare you tlmerk! :lol: HMS probly spends more money than any other team in Nascar and i don't believe Chad is bending the rules anymore than Ray Everham use to. :lol: The problem is,i have to agree with Dale Jr.and say BK is better off doing what he does best [driving] rather than speaking at times.
Brad wanted attention,he should have thrown his helmet at the driver that took him out at Bristol,least i'd understand that one vs throwing it at another driver if he was just as much at fault. :? Why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good helmet? :lol: Don't think BK has a big head,i just think he sometimes doesn't think before he speaks.What others may be thinking,doesn't mean they have to come out with it all the time,it sometimes bites you in the you know what. :mrgreen: Penkse may not have team orders,but they weren't always saints either when it comes to gray areas, non of them are.Funny how when Robby Gordon threw his helmet years back,opinions are differant now that Tony did it? :?
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:54 am

wolfgang wrote:Just third,how dare you tlmerk! :lol: HMS probly spends more money than any other team in Nascar and i don't believe Chad is bending the rules anymore than Ray Everham use to. :lol: The problem is,i have to agree with Dale Jr.and say BK is better off doing what he does best [driving] rather than speaking at times.
Brad wanted attention,he should have thrown his helmet at the driver that took him out at Bristol,least i'd understand that one vs throwing it at another driver if he was just as much at fault. :? Why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good helmet? :lol: Don't think BK has a big head,i just think he sometimes doesn't think before he speaks.What others may be thinking,doesn't mean they have to come out with it all the time,it sometimes bites you in the you know what. :mrgreen: Penkse may not have team orders,but they weren't always saints either when it comes to gray areas, non of them are.Funny how when Robby Gordon threw his helmet years back,opinions are differant now that Tony did it? :?

HAHA WG... It wasn't that long ago that I remember you and I speaking up for BK vs Edwards when not many on here liked Brad (Sorry Doc and Smokie, I know you guys are fans too.) I also said in a post a week or two ago that BK should really watch what he says, as it's going to bite him in the butt. I have noticed him saying some things I wish he hadn't lately but I've said that about Tony many, many times. :D Chip off the old block if you ask me!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Harvick use to be the same way when he first came to Nascar,sometimes he still is. :lol:
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

wolfgang wrote:Harvick use to be the same way when he first came to Nascar,sometimes he still is. :lol:

Yep. Someone new to NASCAR might wonder why Harvick has the reputation he has for being a dik. He seems to be pretty mellow of late but then that's what I thought of Tony too, until last week! LOL I think it simmers underneath them all and it just takes the right circumstance to unleash the stupidity. I get it. They work so hard getting there and then during the race and if someone did me wrong on the track, I'd be pissy too I'm sure. And I guess if all the drivers were so kind all the time and "Aww shucks", NASCAR would be boring. I'm glad there are drivers like Kyle and Tony and Brad out there. If everyone was like JJ, Martin or Ambrose, it wouldn't be as interesting IMO.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 pm

wolfgang wrote:Harvick use to be the same way when he first came to Nascar,sometimes he still is. :lol:

I think becoming a Dad mellowed Kevin out.....plus he has his old crew chief back, they seemed to work better together.

Timerk, you are so right the fans do not like "Vanilla", they like a little spice in their life..... ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

Return to NASCAR & Racing