FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guess this is what Kez was bischin' about...

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Guess this is what Kez was bischin' about...

NASCAR: Rear housing devices legal: NASCAR officials said mechanical devices the Hendrick Motorsports teams and other organizations in the Sprint Cup Series are using to gain a competitive advantage in the rear housing are legal -- today. "We watch it weekly because it has ramped up the last couple of months,'' series director John Darby said on Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway. "If it stays pretty level we'll probably leave it alone the rest of the year. "If there is a higher extreme somebody takes it to that could create issues we don't want to see, then we'll react to that.'' The HMS cars in May were the first this season to develop devices that allow the rear axle to turn slightly to follow the front, creating more speed particularly in the corners. "Where we're at today, right now, there is no illegal procedures going on,'' Darby said. "Obviously, there was one we found Tuesday that was questionable. But the mechanical devices, the way they're using them, there's a clear understanding of what the teams are doing.'' Darby said teams are using different methods to create a "hook and ladder fire truck effect that allows the rear axle to turn so the rear of the car follows the front.'' He said there's nothing in the current rulebook that doesn't allow that, but he didn't rule out that changing in 2013. "It's just a direct everybody has gone to maximize, optimize,'' Darby said. "Right now it's pretty level throughout the garage. If you take the most extreme to the least developed, it's not a huge difference.''(ESPN)(8-24-2012)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:04 am

Re: Guess this is what Kez was bischin' about...

JJ even said in a interview, "we had many post race inspections lately and nascar never mentioned anything to us"
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:05 am

Innocent??? :roll: :lol: :lol: .......if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you...
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 am

Annalee wrote:Innocent??? :roll: :lol: :lol: .......if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you...

and some Florida swamp land. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 am

48 isnt doing anything wrong, its not giving them an advantage on the track, haters just bein jealous, im sure if it was tony, everyone here would every excuse under the sun why its justified,
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am

With the 48's past who knows. But because it's coming from Brad it loses a little creditability at that moment.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Brad didn't say it was cheating, he said it was a grey area. Now NASCAR says it isn't an issue, they're aware of it, and a few teams are doing it. They're saying they're watching it to see that it doesn't give an unfair advantage to the teams that are using it. They may change it next year, or not. Come on, NASCAR changes rules like some parents change diapers so if it was clearly advantageous, they'd change the rule. If NASCAR approves it and you think it gives those teams an advantage, then shame on you for not using it.

I didn't take it as him bitchin', he said maybe it was something Penske should look into...

Geez, sometimes I question the reading comprehension on this site :roll:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Rochelle wrote:Brad didn't say it was cheating, he said it was a grey area. Now NASCAR says it isn't an issue, they're aware of it, and a few teams are doing it. They're saying they're watching it to see that it doesn't give an unfair advantage to the teams that are using it. They may change it next year, or not. Come on, NASCAR changes rules like some parents change diapers so if it was clearly advantageous, they'd change the rule. If NASCAR approves it and you think it gives those teams an advantage, then shame on you for not using it.

I didn't take it as him bitchin', he said maybe it was something Penske should look into...

Geez, sometimes I question the reading comprehension on this site :roll:

u makin fun of me cuz i got kicked out of the 1st grade? hmmmmmmmm
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 pm

haha, kicked out of 1st grade... I didn't know that was even possible :D

Unless, of course, you're a little monster who goes around calling everyone a Chad wannabe or "no time" ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

TonyTina14

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Annalee wrote:Innocent??? :roll: :lol: :lol: .......if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you...

OH WOW HH .... diss on florida now....lol want me to send you a
gator.... :P :shock: :D
p.s. it the hurricane comes here there will be a lot of swamp here.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Rochelle wrote:I didn't take it as him bitchin', he said maybe it was something Penske should look into...

...sounded like bischin' to me...otherwise, why say anything...just go to Penske and say,"why aren't we doin' this?" ;)

It's no matter, NA$CAR say's it's all good...so, it's all good. Interesting that they're letting this go since they made them stop setting the axles in on a slant. Remember that, all those cars coming down the straightaways half sideways? :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:
Rochelle wrote:I didn't take it as him bitchin', he said maybe it was something Penske should look into...

...sounded like bischin' to me...otherwise, why say anything...just go to Penske and say,"why aren't we doin' this?" ;)

It's no matter, NA$CAR say's it's all good...so, it's all good. Interesting that they're letting this go since they made them stop setting the axles in on a slant. Remember that, all those cars coming down the straightaways half sideways? :lol:

just remember rulez this is coming from a guy who wanted to take the 24 car over, but didnt feel like waiting, sure Mr H is gonna toss gordon aside just so some big mouth tells him to do so..
<<

HTower

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Finding a way to improve your car within the rules! What a novel idea! :idea:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:17 pm

TonyTina14 wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:

OH WOW HH .... diss on florida now....lol want me to send you a
gator.... :P :shock: :D
p.s. it the hurricane comes here there will be a lot of swamp here.

We already have a small gator in the lake behind our house... we watch it swim around while having our morning coffee. ;) Isaac is on the way... just in time for the RNC. I'm not going anywhere near downtown Tampa in the coming week. :shock:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing