FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random Thoughts

<<

bugeaters

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 am

Random Thoughts

My puter crashed several weeks ago so now I have an IPad. I'm still trying to figure this thing out so please forgive any mistakes. And I swear this contraption & computers are evil!

As for the 22 car, please don't let it be Joey. I think Sam has shown he deserves the ride.

I'm worried about Harvick, sure hope the cc change helps.

WTH is with rat boy? (Kyle). He still won't discuss Watkins Glen...what a big baby.

I think Jeffy is jealous of Jr. I couldn't believe his tirade @ Michigan. Uh Jeff, it's called racing! Loved Rick's comment on the radio.

Back to Brad, did anyone notice Kasey's middle finger during B.K.'s comments about the Hendrick cars? :D

And last but most important. I was really bummed when Matt McLaughlin announced he was hanging it up writing about NASCAR. He was my favorite writer, never missed his Mon. or Thurs. articles. I admired the way he spoke out & called b.s. against NASCAR. Hope he enjoys riding his motorcycle on Sundays.
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 am

Re: Random Thoughts

i dont blame kyle for bein sore about the glen and not wanting to talk about it, he had the car to beat, and having oil on the track and getting dumped on the last lap, id be #### too. here he is trying to make the chase and that would have been a golden opportunity for them to a good hold on a wild card spot, and this comes from someone who isnt even a fan of the 18 team, there are more factors that went into that lost of a race other than the media or fans not getting to hear what kyle had to say.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 am

michaeljohn wrote:i dont blame kyle for bein sore about the glen and not wanting to talk about it, he had the car to beat, and having oil on the track and getting dumped on the last lap, id be #### too. here he is trying to make the chase and that would have been a golden opportunity for them to a good hold on a wild card spot, and this comes from someone who isnt even a fan of the 18 team, there are more factors that went into that lost of a race other than the media or fans not getting to hear what kyle had to say.

I can't blame him either....thing is, folks tend to forget that Kyle just turned a WHOPPING 27 years old.......I'm pretty sure that if it were ME as well as most of you out there in "Hater Land" and you'd had as much success as KB, you'd probably be pretty PO'd too. The fact that I'm ALMOST in the Chase and need a few more points or just MAYYYYYBE another win to solidify things will tend to have a twisting effect on one's motivation and emotions. I for one am proud of the way he's hung tough thru all the blown motors and other pot holes in the road. Show me another 27 yr old rising star that has handled as much success as well as KB and I'll GLADLY STFU. In the end, I'd LOVE to see him at SHR in the 14 when Tony calls it quits..... That's just ME though. Y'all can continue the hate/#### fest I really don't care
...Check out these numbers... how long has it been since ANYBODY pulled off this kinda start to his/ her career................Registered 105 victories in NASCAR’s top-three touring series, Sprint Cup Series (24), Nationwide Series (51), and Camping World Truck Series (30) to rank 3rd all-time in wins behind Richard Petty (200) and David Pearson (106)

Five-time qualifier of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship
Became the first driver in NASCAR history to sweep its top-three series, Sprint Cup Series, Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series, at a single venue – Bristol Motor Speedway, August 2010
2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Owner’s Champion driver for KBM
2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Champion driver for JGR (a record 13-win season)
24 Career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories with eight poles; including at least one win in each of the last seven seasons
All-time NASCAR Nationwide Series winning driver with 51 victories, 120 top 5’s, 149 top 10’s and 23 poles; including at least one win in each of the last eight seasons
30 Career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victories; including at least one win in each of the last seven seasons
2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series Driver’s Champion for JGR
2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Champion driver for JGR
2005 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
2004 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year

Think what you want....I really don't care, numbers don't lie 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

gkbacb

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 am

you are so rite Midwesternsmoke, numbers don't lie, and Kyle has handled himself very well this season, despite all the adversity's he had this year. It's just not his year, the kid just can't get a break.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am

Bug eaters, I did see Kasey's gesture :lol: ..........in fact I backed it up with the remote :lol: ....my husband said I was seeing things, it was subtle but it was there...... :lol:

I have had an IPad for about 8 months, it is great but it does have a learning curve, also a few things I wished it had, it doesn't...the spell check drives me most crazy.......It assumes you want to say something and more than not that isn't what you wanted to say.....but all in all I love it.. :)

I think Jeff wants his old crew chief back.... :shock:

JMO I think Kyle has a legitimate gripe......his equipment has been awful! Look at the way JJ acted after his one engine failure and Kyle has had numerous failures......considering Kyle I think his behavior is sooooo much better than last year......but it is Bristol this weekend and if I was Brad I would want to keep an eye out for Kyle....payback :?:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 am

JJ acted like anyone else who lost two engines in one weekend and was going to win the race, people pick out moments that are far from ordinary to judge drivers, and its crap, but i guess when tony storms off ( june at dover) and doesnt wanna be bothered its ok, cuz its a legitimate reason
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle!!!

Kasey Kahne's gesture....thanks for the laugh buddy.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Evidently Kannes gesture proves the theory as it touched a nerve! :lol: Since i do like Kyle don't take it the wrong way,but i don't feel sorry for him over Watkins Glen.Still sore about him taking Hornaday out of the truck championship last year. :lol: JJ, after last weekend i don't think i'd want to talk either and that's probly the only time i've seen him walk away from the media.Tony storming off at Dover,don't stop there MJ,he has stormed off more times than i can remember over the years. :shock: Jeff Gordon has often been called a cry baby over the years,Jr.passing him has to be a prime example if ever there was one. :mrgreen: Must be frustrating when the guy you hired beats you every week and now the guy everyone thought was done passes you. :) BK,please have a cup of STFU,you're embarressing me,just do what you do in the car dam it! :oops: Bugeaters,i agree with you about Sam in the #22 and if it can't be Sam,please anyone but Joey-try Harvick!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:i dont blame kyle for bein sore about the glen and not wanting to talk about it, he had the car to beat, and having oil on the track and getting dumped on the last lap, id be #### too. here he is trying to make the chase and that would have been a golden opportunity for them to a good hold on a wild card spot, and this comes from someone who isnt even a fan of the 18 team, there are more factors that went into that lost of a race other than the media or fans not getting to hear what kyle had to say.

I can't blame him either....thing is, folks tend to forget that Kyle just turned a WHOPPING 27 years old.......I'm pretty sure that if it were ME as well as most of you out there in "Hater Land" and you'd had as much success as KB, you'd probably be pretty PO'd too. The fact that I'm ALMOST in the Chase and need a few more points or just MAYYYYYBE another win to solidify things will tend to have a twisting effect on one's motivation and emotions. I for one am proud of the way he's hung tough thru all the blown motors and other pot holes in the road. Show me another 27 yr old rising star that has handled as much success as well as KB and I'll GLADLY STFU. In the end, I'd LOVE to see him at SHR in the 14 when Tony calls it quits..... That's just ME though. Y'all can continue the hate/#### fest I really don't care
...Check out these numbers... how long has it been since ANYBODY pulled off this kinda start to his/ her career................Registered 105 victories in NASCAR’s top-three touring series, Sprint Cup Series (24), Nationwide Series (51), and Camping World Truck Series (30) to rank 3rd all-time in wins behind Richard Petty (200) and David Pearson (106)

Five-time qualifier of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship
Became the first driver in NASCAR history to sweep its top-three series, Sprint Cup Series, Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series, at a single venue – Bristol Motor Speedway, August 2010
2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Owner’s Champion driver for KBM
2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Champion driver for JGR (a record 13-win season)
24 Career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories with eight poles; including at least one win in each of the last seven seasons
All-time NASCAR Nationwide Series winning driver with 51 victories, 120 top 5’s, 149 top 10’s and 23 poles; including at least one win in each of the last eight seasons
30 Career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victories; including at least one win in each of the last seven seasons
2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series Driver’s Champion for JGR
2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Champion driver for JGR
2005 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
2004 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year

Think what you want....I really don't care, numbers don't lie 8-)

Don't need no stinkin stats,we all know he's good and above the norm! ;)BK is looking that way too,just wish he'd shut up! :oops:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am

Tony, Kyle, Brad.... All kind of cut out of the same mold. Yes, please, I'll have some of that.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 am

wolfgang wrote:Evidently Kannes gesture proves the theory as it touched a nerve! :lol: Since i do like Kyle don't take it the wrong way,but i don't feel sorry for him over Watkins Glen.Still sore about him taking Hornaday out of the truck championship last year. :lol: JJ, after last weekend i don't think i'd want to talk either and that's probly the only time i've seen him walk away from the media.Tony storming off at Dover,don't stop there MJ,he has stormed off more times than i can remember over the years. :shock: Jeff Gordon has often been called a cry baby over the years,Jr.passing him has to be a prime example if ever there was one. :mrgreen: Must be frustrating when the guy you hired beats you every week and now the guy everyone thought was done passes you. :) BK,please have a cup of STFU,you're embarressing me,just do what you do in the car dam it! :oops: Bugeaters,i agree with you about Sam in the #22 and if it can't be Sam,please anyone but Joey-try Harvick!

dude you kill me, btw there is talk edwards is going to get the shell sponsorship, because penske is dragging his feat and shell can pick the driver of their choice
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 am

onerockindoc wrote:Tony, Kyle, Brad.... All kind of cut out of the same mold. Yes, please, I'll have some of that.

this is too easy of a setup, not sure i can take advantage of a comment like that one.......
<<

bugeaters

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 pm

I guess I was a little harsh about Kyle not talking about W. G. but what happened to the "new" Kyle?
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 pm

The new Kyle can disappear into the sunset. Give me the old Kyle who kicked butt on the track!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing