FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules

#2-Brad Keselowski believes Penske Racing's refusal to bend the rules contributed to him not being able to challenge #48-Jimmie Johnson for the lead Sunday Michigan. Johnson was leading Keselowski with six laps remaining when his Hendrick Motorsports engine blew. #16-Greg Biffle won the race and Keselowski finished second. During the race, Keselowski made reference to Hendrick's "tricks" with their cars. Hendrick's Kasey Kahne and Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished third and fourth, respectively. The Hendrick cars appear to have different rear suspension setups than other cars, especially at intermediate tracks such as Michigan, Indianapolis and Pocono. "There's part and pieces on the car that are moving after inspection that makes the cars more competitive," Keselowski said after the race. "Some guys have it, some don't. There's a question as to the interpretation of the rule. Penske Racing errs on the safe side because we don't want to be the guys that get the big penalty." Keselowski said Penske will need to re-evaluate its setups. "As a group at Penske Racing, we have not felt comfortable enough to risk that name and reputation that Roger has over those parts and pieces. Others have, which is their prerogative," Keselowski said. "I'm not going to slam it. But it's living in a gray area. & We have to make a re-evaluation of that internally to decide if that's the right way to go."(Sporting News)(8-20-2012)

Interesting. He may be on to something. He was at Hendrick before so he knows a little about them.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules

he may or may not be right, but after that interview yesterday, when he said it was his job to call people out, i thought was kind of pretentious, how about just shutting up a drive the car and try and win a championship.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

gkbacb

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Amen MJ, quit griping Brad
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 pm

He's not necessarily saying it's cheating and he says that might be something they should look into. Penske squeaky clean? Whatever... They hired a verbally abusive and drunk driver only to replace him with a druggie. Enough said. I haven't seen any penalties on the Hendrick cars lately. If you're not "pushing the envelope", you're not giving it 100%. And yes, I'm one of those that gets overly irritated when someone says they give 110%. Not possible. He's got 3 wins this season. Quit yer bitchin' kid and drive.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

michaeljohn wrote:he may or may not be right, but after that interview yesterday, when he said it was his job to call people out, i thought was kind of pretentious, how about just shutting up a drive the car and try and win a championship.

One of those rare times I agree with you. I like the guy. But he is starting to get a big head. He needs to just race. He was talking before on how he wants to be apart of choosing his teammate and how he wanted to make sure it was an elite driver. He is still new he'll continue to learn.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

gkbacb

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

He's one of those guys that strike me as a whiner, I wonder when he'll start telling Roger Peneske how to do his job. Nothing ever seems to be Brad's fault, in Brad's head anyway.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm

NASCAR does pre and post race inspections. If there truly was a problem, Hendrick cars would be penalized. Quit yer bitchin Brad!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 pm

i dont have a problem with a driver expressing themselves, but when he says "its his job to call people out." that is just a fancy name for a tattle tale, now SS brought up a good point, by say "he might know what hendrick does." now if that was the case, it obviously didnt bother him when he drove for them. i know some here like to say he reminds them of Sr, well i dont think Sr would make himself the snitch of the garage...
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 pm

May i be so bold as to say they ALL cheat,it's just a matter of who is best at it w/o getting caught and it appears HMS is the best at it since Junior Johnson. :shock: Brad just says what everyone else is thinking but are afraid to say or know it won't matter as seen earlier this season. :lol: Brad should be a little more carefull with his words as Penske hasn't been actual saints over the years either.
Last edited by wolfgang on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

gkbacb wrote:He's one of those guys that strike me as a whiner, I wonder when he'll start telling Roger Peneske how to do his job. Nothing ever seems to be Brad's fault, in Brad's head anyway.

No no no winner,not whiner and nothing ever is Brads fault g ! :lol:
Brad has me to make up excuses for him. :lol:
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 am

If Hendrick doesn't get this motor issue corrected, pushing the limit in the gray areas aren't going to help them at all if they can't finish a race.....Denny blew the whistle on the RCR cars which resolved into fines and points deduction during the chase....A lot happens in the garage and if you don't think other teams aren't watching....."I have a bridge to sell you"!!!!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

but not many drivers go around squealing, unless they know they cant beat them on the track, ya never would hear tony squealing about another team, i wouldnt even sweat the engines, they still are the best engines in the garage.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Tony isn't going to squeal,he buys his engines and chassis from HMS! ;) The engine issues was said to be outside venders parts that failed in the valve train.Doesn't matter who you are, it happens to all engine builders from time to time even RCR and Yates.HMS was experimenting before the chase and that is what caused the failure,better now than during the chase.Wouldn't consider that cheating,just trying to get the most out of what you have and seeing just where the limit is.
Won't hide the fact i'm a huge fan of BK,however, Roger is his boss and owner of the team and i'd of gone to him not the media,if in fact i had some evidence to back it up,evidence being the key word.
Jack Roush accused HMS before of soaking their tires and it back fired in his face,i laughed when i heard it.That's something famous in Dirt racing,but usually short races as the tires give out quicker but do grip better.RCR pointed out an illegal intake on the #6 car and it cost Mark Martin enough points that by the end of the year he lost the championship to Dale Snr.Point is,unless there's prove,i wouldn't run my mouth and even then,let your boss make the decision especially since Roger has been in the bussiness long enough to know the right thing to do.They all cheat,gray area is pure b.s.just a differant way of putting it,you're not winning if you're not cheating! Kudos to the teams who are smart enough to get away with it,what Brad has to remember,is what comes around goes around.
<<

bugeaters

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:27 am

Brad should keep his thoughts of cheating to himself cuz he may come across as a snitch. And I think his ego is getting too big.
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 am

Oh come on guys... you're fans of Tony's and you are telling Brad to keep his pie hole shut? Really?

I think Brad is awesome and I think it's crappy he is back pedaling now on saying he didn't accuse Hendricks of cheating, just pushing the envelope but it reminds me of when Smoke back pedaled on the whole Goodyear tire rant he was on for a while after some unseen pressure from NASCAR. In fact, Brad so reminds me of a younger Tony, only not so much of a whiner as Tony used to be. They both drive like heck and I love Brad's "honesty." Hope he doesn't lose that as Tony has to some extent now that he's an owner/driver.

But I think I like Brad so much because I can't help comparing him with Tony, in almost every way... well, from a woman's viewpoint there is a way they're different but that's all I'm sayin! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing