FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thank you Quicken Loans.........

<<

NASCARNan

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Thank you Quicken Loans.........

CONGRATULATIONS! I won truck tickets one year for the June race. We had a fun!!
NASCAR Nan
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Have fun at the MotoGP race!

I pull for Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden, go Team Ducati, we need a podium :!: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Congrats, Herbs!

You are SO gonna love the weather, i was at the Mich Cup race two years ago when it was.......it was.........oh, how it pains me to say this: it was too hot to drink!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS the truck race is a lot of fUN AND EXCITING
<<

herbie14

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:02 am

azk8ster wrote:Congrats, Herbs!

You are SO gonna love the weather, i was at the Mich Cup race two years ago when it was.......it was.........oh, how it pains me to say this: it was too hot to drink!

Yeah, the last time WE went to MIS, it was too hot to drink. I know, that seems weird coming from me, lol.It was too hot to drink at the Brickyard last year too. Good thing we have some beer today, cuz it's gonna be "just right". Thanks for the congrats everybody!
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

herbie14

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:30 am

Well, it's day 3 of our Rockin' and Racin' weekend. Friday we got to see 3 bands, with the winning band, Taint'd, playing an awesome version of The Lumberjack Song by Jackyl, complete with a spot on playing of a chainsaw. Great band, with great originals too. These guys could get famous.

Then we got up early and started the drive north to MIS for the truck race. We got there just in time for the National Anthem and the flyover. We had great seats, and perfect weather. We had a good time with Kenny and Loretta, 2 people who had never been to a Nascar race. They want to go to another one soon. Once again, thank you Quicken Loans Racing!

Today, we're getting ready to head south to Indy for the Moto GP. We have never been to the GP, and are totally looking forward to another day in the sun, hangin' with different friends, and hopefully getting the red carpet treatment from a couple of friends who we met through our music endeavors, that work as "Yellow Shirts" at the speedway. Thank you in advance to Rick Fowler and Jeff Rybold. We already have the cooler packed and coffee finished, so I'm outta here. We have been taking lots of pix, and we'll get them up as soon as we can. BTW, when we get home, it will be time for some Colts football. Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am

Herbie, sounds like you're going to have to go to work on Monday just to get some rest.

So glad you and Miss Luz have had this weekend.

And yes...when you take folks to a race that have never been its fun to see them get hooked. I'm taking 3 girls to Richmond that have not been to a race yet but who are race fans. There will be 5 of us in total. Y'all save up bail money for us.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:10 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Herbie, sounds like you're going to have to go to work on Monday just to get some rest.

So glad you and Miss Luz have had this weekend.

And yes...when you take folks to a race that have never been its fun to see them get hooked. I'm taking 3 girls to Richmond that have not been to a race yet but who are race fans. There will be 5 of us in total. Y'all save up bail money for us.

Don't worry about Bail $$$$ Doc, SHR has it covered for u gals 8-) 8-) (no it's not stimulus $$$$ eather) SHR raised the $$$$ for the VIP Garage Gang 8-) 8-) 8-)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

herbie14

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, we had a blast! Met up with our yellow shirt buddies, got to ride around on a golf cart, got out on the track, and got to watch the races from the infield, in turn 1, where the medical and vehicle recovery crews were stationed. We took alot of pics, but when I tried to post them in this blog, it said my file is too big. If someone can let me know how to post pics, let me know. For those on my FB, I'll try to post there. Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herbie
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing