FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

national guard extends sponsorship....

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 am

national guard extends sponsorship....

National Guard extends sponsorship of Earnhardt, Jr.: The Army National Guard will continue as a primary sponsor of the #88 Sprint Cup Series team and driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. after extending its relationship with Hendrick Motorsports through the 2013 NASCAR season. The National Guard will receive primary paint schemes in 20 Sprint Cup races, including the 2013 Daytona 500, and prominent brand placement during all non-primary events. The National Guard's association with Hendrick Motorsports began with sponsorship of the #25 Sprint Cup team for the 2007 season. Its most recent contract, which included 18 primary paint schemes per year with the #88 team, was set to expire at the end of 2012. "It's an honor to be associated with the National Guard and its Citizen Soldiers," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "Like many of the world's most innovative marketers and leading brands, the Guard sees the opportunities that our sport presents, and they have built a strong effort around it. As we go into 2013 together, we'll continue to focus on the performance of the program both on and off the racetrack." Additional sponsorship for the #88 Chevy will be announced at a later date.

i guess the army had no intentions of ever resigning regardless if it was in the budget....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Re: national guard extends sponsorship....

Yes, after that bill didn't pass, someone in NASCAR said they hadn't any intention of continuing sponsorship. I can't remember if it was someone at SHR or NASCAR. Too bad, Ryan and Tony enjoyed visiting the soldiers and bases.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 pm

but the bill did pass to keep funding to motorsports..
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't remember the wording as to whether passing the bill would permit or prevent the military from sponsorship in motorsports, so I may have misspoke. The Army made that announcement before the vote. Then when it was announced they could still sponsor racing, someone either at SHR or NASCAR said the Army was pulling their sponsorship regardless, that's why they didn't wait to make the announcement. They were leaving anyway. It seems as if they wanted to use the bill as an excuse, but it didn't work out that way. I don't know if they made any type of statement after the bill passed, but I guess it doesn't matter now.

I thought SHR got them a lot of good press, especially when Tony and Ryan visited the bases. Maybe they just wanted to save a few million dollars, I don't know. :?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:56 pm

ya i have no clue either, ya hear some many different stories, i know sometimes i mix them up, that is why tony and ryan need to come on here and address these burning questions, ya like that will ever happen.
<<

HTower

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm

#88 wins 1 race this year and everyone jumps back on the "he's the best" wagon? Makes me sick. He's won 1 race in his last how many chances? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

He qualified 22nd. That doesn't stop ESPN and Yahoo from running Junior articles saying he's back on track.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 am

I don't think he'll be in my picks this week. :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 am

i got nothing against Jr, but his fans and they way they hang on to michigan is sad, they think as long as he wins michigan he wil win the cup :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:44 am

He was 5th fastest in this morning's practice... hmmmmmmmmm!?! :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

gkbacb

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am

he's in my picks, i am not really a fan of jr. but you can't deny how good he is at MIS, and i'm not saying that cuz he won there last time out. it truly is one of his best tracks.

Return to NASCAR & Racing