FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MIS bound...

<<

NASCARNan

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 pm

MIS bound...

MIS bound for this weekend... can't wait! Scanner is programmed, coolers, seats, tailgating gear, etc is all out and ready to go! Would LOVE to see a win for Smoke at MIS this weekend! :D Weather looks good so far. Anyone else going?
NASCAR Nan
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 am

Re: MIS bound...

Sounds like you are ready for a great weekend. Have tons of fun and get our boys to victory lane.

I'll be heading to Richmond in a few weeks!!
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Have a great weekend Nan. BTW, I believe MLWW is supposed to be there this weekend but I haven't seen her post for a while. I hope all is ok...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Rochelle wrote:Have a great weekend Nan. BTW, I believe MLWW is supposed to be there this weekend but I haven't seen her post for a while. I hope all is ok...

The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm good! I've just been avoiding all the negativity on the site. I don't like the "grumbles and rumbles" between a few people so I've been watching but not commenting. Make sure you watch for me NASCARNan... I'll be in the back of the truck with Tony (and whomever qualifies by him) during the parade lap which happens right after driver intros. Rain doesn't appear to be in the forecast (as of now) so we should be good to go! I'm not going to get excited though until I'm walking through the tunnel and the sun is shining!!

I'll be at the track between 5-5:30am and I park in the lot behind Turn 1. I think its Lot 11 on the other side of Brooklyn Hwy across from the tunnel. PM me and I'll give you a text number if you want to stop and say hi! No biggie if you don't but I'll be at the car until around 10:45am. Have a great time and stay safe!

Enjoy the race and thanks for thinking of me Rochelle.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 pm

ndunn wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Have a great weekend Nan. BTW, I believe MLWW is supposed to be there this weekend but I haven't seen her post for a while. I hope all is ok...

And thanks Ndunn for starting to let them know what I was up to! We talk off the site so if anyone knows what I'm doing you would! I'm super happy for the break in this heat, how about you?
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:I'm good! I've just been avoiding all the negativity on the site. I don't like the "grumbles and rumbles" between a few people so I've been watching but not commenting. Make sure you watch for me NASCARNan... I'll be in the back of the truck with Tony (and whomever qualifies by him) during the parade lap which happens right after driver intros. Rain doesn't appear to be in the forecast (as of now) so we should be good to go! I'm not going to get excited though until I'm walking through the tunnel and the sun is shining!!

I'll be at the track between 5-5:30am and I park in the lot behind Turn 1. I think its Lot 11 on the other side of Brooklyn Hwy across from the tunnel. PM me and I'll give you a text number if you want to stop and say hi! No biggie if you don't but I'll be at the car until around 10:45am. Have a great time and stay safe!

I think it's great that you're getting a second chance to ride with Tony after what happened the first time!! :D :D :D :D

Do you still have your questions & comments rehearsed? ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:I'm good! I've just been avoiding all the negativity on the site. I don't like the "grumbles and rumbles" between a few people so I've been watching but not commenting. Make sure you watch for me NASCARNan... I'll be in the back of the truck with Tony (and whomever qualifies by him) during the parade lap which happens right after driver intros. Rain doesn't appear to be in the forecast (as of now) so we should be good to go! I'm not going to get excited though until I'm walking through the tunnel and the sun is shining!!

I think it's great that you're getting a second chance to ride with Tony after what happened the first time!! :D :D :D :D

Do you still have your questions & comments rehearsed? ;) :lol: :lol:

Yes I do! It's even more important now than ever because I'm an undergraduate student at Olivet who is doing an independent study this coming semester on the culture of NASCAR. I'm so dang excited I can barely stand it! Finally, I get to use REAL LIFE in my study of Sociology/Anthropology AND I get some hands on experience this weekend to use for it! So, hopefully I'll get some good material to use!

And yes, The NASCAR Foundation seems to have realized their error and is making it up to all the winners from June. So, kudos to them. AND they said they now have contigency plans in place if it rains. Even better!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:And yes, The NASCAR Foundation seems to have realized their error and is making it up to all the winners from June. So, kudos to them. AND they said they now have contigency plans in place if it rains. Even better!

Sounds like they learned their lesson the hard way. ;) Good for them! :D

Have a great time and say 'hi' to Tony for all of us at the SHR GG!!

You're gonna take pictures and post them here next week, right?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:19 pm

I'll tell you what MLWW, I'll get excited for you now so if, heaven forbid, something did happen, the disappointment would be on me. If nothing else, they should be prepared to make something comparable happen for you this time, like a meet and greet.

But all that is in the past and there's nothing but blue skies and a sweet truck ride in store for you this weekend. Have a great time and take lots of pics. If you get a chance and master your excitement, please let him know the Garage Gang is rooting for him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, tell him to get off his butt and sign Ryan, we're tired of waiting and speculating :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Have a great time and say 'hi' to Tony for all of us at the SHR GG!!

You're gonna take pictures and post them here next week, right?

I'll do my best to articulate a 'hi' from the gang and yes, pics will be posted.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Rochelle wrote:I'll tell you what MLWW, I'll get excited for you now so if, heaven forbid, something did happen, the disappointment would be on me. If nothing else, they should be prepared to make something comparable happen for you this time, like a meet and greet.

But all that is in the past and there's nothing but blue skies and a sweet truck ride in store for you this weekend. Have a great time and take lots of pics. If you get a chance and master your excitement, please let him know the Garage Gang is rooting for him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, tell him to get off his butt and sign Ryan, we're tired of waiting and speculating :lol: :lol:

It's a deal! You be excited for me! Sounds like a wonderful idea. Thanks again!
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:42 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
ndunn wrote:

And thanks Ndunn for starting to let them know what I was up to! We talk off the site so if anyone knows what I'm doing you would! I'm super happy for the break in this heat, how about you?

I hope you have an awsome time at MIS. As for the weather it's raining a little right now but nothing will happen before tomorrow so lets hope the rain stays away while the races are suppose to be on. At least it more than 20 degree cooler than it was a week ago. I'm feeling much better. Thanks.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

NASCARNan

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Sounds like you are ready for a great weekend. Have tons of fun and get our boys to victory lane.

I'll be heading to Richmond in a few weeks!!

Have a WONDERFUL time in Richmond. I went to the fall race once and LOVED it! Would love to go back some time.
NASCAR Nan
<<

NASCARNan

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:22 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Make sure you watch for me NASCARNan... I'll be in the back of the truck with Tony (and whomever qualifies by him) during the parade lap which happens right after driver intros. Rain doesn't appear to be in the forecast (as of now) so we should be good to go! I'm not going to get excited though until I'm walking through the tunnel and the sun is shining!!

I will watch for you with Tony MLWW! Our group parks around lots 6 or 7 and usually arrive around 8 am.

Have a SUPER fun time!!!
NASCAR Nan
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing