Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Last week on the Race Hub they had JR on the hotseat for an in depth and revealing interview. When they showed him jumping out of his car in the garage at Pocono to jack the car up before his guys arrived something happened to me on a level not seen since the Grinch grew a heart.became a member of JR nation right then and there folks. I don't think I'll be wearing any 88 gear in Richmond but I do think he is awesome.

And.......I send heartfelt congratulations to Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team for taking over the points lead today.

Whew....had to get all that off my chest, now I can sleep. Thank you and good night

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Welcome to the nation.

And sorry to read the kind words about Jimmie Johnson (or anything positive about him for that matter).

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Just trying to give a little credit where credit is due.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 pm

it was a crazy weekend


jealousy is going to eat you alive sunshine14, you want to be treated like an adult here, but then you throw out your lil baby comments, when this thread was meant to be positive, but your lil infantile brain cant handle it when someone out of the blue compliments JJ, or maybe your just mad cuz nobody gives a rats butt about your lame jamie mac threads

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

michaeljohn wrote:it was a crazy weekend


jealousy is going to eat you alive sunshine14, you want to be treated like an adult here, but then you throw out your lil baby comments, when this thread was meant to be positive, but your lil infantile brain cant handle it when someone out of the blue compliments JJ, or maybe your just mad cuz nobody gives a rats butt about your lame jamie mac threads

LOL. Yeah I am sure that is it.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:17 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Last week on the Race Hub they had JR on the hotseat for an in depth and revealing interview. When they showed him jumping out of his car in the garage at Pocono to jack the car up before his guys arrived something happened to me on a level not seen since the Grinch grew a heart.became a member of JR nation right then and there folks. I don't think I'll be wearing any 88 gear in Richmond but I do think he is awesome.

And.......I send heartfelt congratulations to Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team for taking over the points lead today.

Whew....had to get all that off my chest, now I can sleep. Thank you and good night


one thing ill say is both race were very good this weekend, it is going to be some good racing to get in the chase,

sorry i got negative in the thread, i just knew that you saying something nice about JJ was going to bring the kid in and wreck it for all....

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes, I hate that this kind of got off the track..I really was wanting to share my thoughts on both JR and JJ

So while I'm at it...can I just say also that I'm head over heels over that Brad Keselowski? His future is so bright he better buy himself several pairs of shades.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:43 am

I hear ya Doc, on the Jr thing. I too was impressed with that but was also impressed with his honesty. There's been a bit of a change in him that I was glad to see. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the media attention since his Dad's been gone. He seemed at ease during the interview and was surprisingly well spoken. Something I don't usually see from him. We all know he doesn't like road courses so I wasn't surprised by his interview after the race today and don't really fault him for that. I never realized he has/had such a problem with crowds. I have to admit I have a new respect for him now. As far as Jr nation goes, um, no :D

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 am

just a bummer he will be driving ford next year, its funny just a couple years ago while still racing for Jr, Brad was hoping to get to drive the 24, always thought it was a good move signing with a team that had nothing to do with Jr....

you know me, im not big on having a laundry list of drivers to follow, (thats just me.) ya pick one or two and ride it out, good or bad, followed 4 since 88' Schrader, D. Allison, JJ, Newman.

the drivers i do keep an eye on are Nelson Piquet Jr, Jo Long, and Slammin' Sammy, just like to see if they are improving every week, so thats that for now.....

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am

onerockindoc wrote:
So while I'm at it...can I just say also that I'm head over heels over that Brad Keselowski? His future is so bright he better buy himself several pairs of shades.

Oh indeed. Good driver, tells it like it is, funny, some what reminds me of a young Tony. Nice to see a young driver become a star in the cup series.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 am

michaeljohn wrote:you know me, im not big on having a laundry list of drivers to follow, (thats just me.) ya pick one or two and ride it out, good or bad, followed 4 since 88' Schrader, D. Allison, JJ, Newman.

There you have it folks wise words from the chosen one. Now waiting to hear more on people not appreciating JJ.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 am

Rochelle wrote:I hear ya Doc, on the Jr thing. I too was impressed with that but was also impressed with his honesty. There's been a bit of a change in him that I was glad to see. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the media attention since his Dad's been gone. He seemed at ease during the interview and was surprisingly well spoken. Something I don't usually see from him. We all know he doesn't like road courses so I wasn't surprised by his interview after the race today and don't really fault him for that. I never realized he has/had such a problem with crowds. I have to admit I have a new respect for him now. As far as Jr nation goes, um, no :D



Jr as a man is very cool, i was just never a fan of his just because he was Sr's son, now i understand why Sr's fans gravitated towards Jr, its kinda of like holding on to a piece of Sr, even tho he is no longer here.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.



Just couldn't leave well enough alone. By the way MichaelJohn is not an old man. You have no idea his age group. Lets put it this way....he is old enough to vote.

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

ndunn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.



Just couldn't leave well enough alone. By the way MichaelJohn is not an old man. You have no idea his age group. Lets put it this way....he is old enough to vote.



Nd your like the mom here, who will call people out for bein bad, i am glad i never felt your wrath :)
Post a reply