FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Add The Boot to the Glen cup race!!!

<<

TonyTina14

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Add The Boot to the Glen cup race!!!

How many Fan votes would it take to get Nascar to add the Boot to the Cup race at the Glen???
how many here would like to see it added for 2013? lets start the Fan vote here!!!
1. TonyTina14 yea baby add the boot!!! :D
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 am

Re: Add The Boot to the Glen cup race!!!

I agree to adding the boot. Some additional passing opportunities would be good. Take a few laps off the total that they run to make up for the added distance. It's been brought up before but nothing's changed. Crew chiefs probably wouldn't like it though, more handling issues I would think.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

TonyTina14

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 am

Rochelle wrote:I agree to adding the boot. Some additional passing opportunities would be good. Take a few laps off the total that they run to make up for the added distance. It's been brought up before but nothing's changed. Crew chiefs probably wouldn't like it though, more handling issues I would think.

All right Rochelle!! thanks for your post same idea's i had thought of but i dont think there would
be a handling problem if they have the car set up for the rest of the track it should work for the
boot only difference is turns are sharper and the long straight but there could be passing there the
big deal of the mix would be gas they would have to be right on !!! but with 2 road races putting
the boot on the glen would sure make the race to the chase very!!! interesting and make it the
real road corse!!!
<<

gkbacb

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:51 pm

DO IT!!!!! That would be friggen awesome, itd make more of a road course, cuz the back straight with the bus stop is to fast, would be more passing and actual racing if they added the boot.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:53 pm

gkbacb wrote:DO IT!!!!! That would be friggen awesome, itd make more of a road course, cuz the back straight with the bus stop is to fast, would be more passing and actual racing if they added the boot.

cool thing also would be that tight corner is at the bottom of a hill, so you know there would be some good action (braking, outbraking, overbraking) at that spot with a heavy car. I like more passing areas on a RC anyways. That would be awesome to add the boot.
ImageImageImage
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Count me in! AND put the Glen in the chase!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

TonyTina14

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
gkbacb wrote:DO IT!!!!! That would be friggen awesome, itd make more of a road course, cuz the back straight with the bus stop is to fast, would be more passing and actual racing if they added the boot.

cool thing also would be that tight corner is at the bottom of a hill, so you know there would be some good action (braking, outbraking, overbraking) at that spot with a heavy car. I like more passing areas on a RC anyways. That would be awesome to add the boot.

you got that right!! about the breaking they have to watch the breaking as it is right now putting the boot in the race would be a large factor in the race it would change the race alot how they run it or they would use up there breaks.

Return to NASCAR & Racing