FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bristol baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<

HTower

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Bristol baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbing's racing at Bristol. We saw it happen all over the track. We saw it happen in a fight for 20th place. Neither driver wanted to give an inch, and in the end neither one could prevent wrecking themselves.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 pm

I didnt like the race. if you are gonna have the high line be the main line. Then you have to have passing.
I hardly ever agree with Kyle, but I agree with his comments. Biffle made a lot of sense as well.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm

^ What are you talking about. I thought it was a great race. Sure it was really hard to pass, but we saw more beating, banging, rooting and gauging than the spring. It was action packed from start to finish. I'd give this race an A. A fun Bristol race. Though it is kind of weird how the outside is now so much better than the bottom. Before they re did the redo, the top lane was faster, but you could pass more on the bottom. Now it seems like the only way to make a move is on the top side.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:58 pm

herb, im sure you and liz had a great time, it was a crazy race for sure.........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:02 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:^ What are you talking about. I thought it was a great race. Sure it was really hard to pass, but we saw more beating, banging, rooting and gauging than the spring. It was action packed from start to finish. I'd give this race an A. A fun Bristol race. Though it is kind of weird how the outside is now so much better than the bottom. Before they re did the redo, the top lane was faster, but you could pass more on the bottom. Now it seems like the only way to make a move is on the top side.

I thought it was pretty clear what I was talking about.
We clearly like different things in racing. I have to watch follow the leader on all the aero tracks. Why make it that way on a short track?
Yes I understand we like different things, so no need for rebuttle. You like wrecks & I like better cars or drivers being able to pass. (without wrecking someone)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:04 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:^ What are you talking about. I thought it was a great race. Sure it was really hard to pass, but we saw more beating, banging, rooting and gauging than the spring. It was action packed from start to finish. I'd give this race an A. A fun Bristol race. Though it is kind of weird how the outside is now so much better than the bottom. Before they re did the redo, the top lane was faster, but you could pass more on the bottom. Now it seems like the only way to make a move is on the top side.

We clearly like different things in racing. I have to watch follow the leader on all the aero tracks. Why make it that way on a short track?
Yes I understand we like different things, so no need for rebuttle. You like wrecks & I like better cars or drivers being able to pass. (without wrecking someone)

We clearly watched two different races. So really, no need for a rebuttle.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

We clearly watched two different races. So really, no need for a rebuttle.

thanks
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 am

Schmoopy - you like follow leader race like Texas? Texas was boring.. Short track racing is more competitive..

Bruton Smith is right about cautions, but that say guy who killed North Wilkesboro.. North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Road America and Iowa need cup race.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 am

i rather enjoyed the race tonite, it was great how they worked the top groove in, and there was no clear cut favorite to win the race...
<<

TonyTina14

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:13 am

Dont you just love it Leave it to BRISTOL to get everyone hot under
the collar.....lol :shock: :D
<<

HTower

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Maybe others have, but I haven't seen a race where it seemed like there were 3 or 4 different schedules that everyone was on. For those of us only watching on TV, we had almost no idea who was actually going to be in the lead at the end of the race until the very end. Seeing cars shuffle from front to back into the middle and back to the front again was very entertaining. Except for Carl Edwards at the end, it just didn't seem like those Goodyear tires could lose their grip on the track. Hugely entertaining race.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm

TonyTina14 wrote:
Rochelle wrote:
HTower wrote:Isn't that vintage Tony from the old days? I vaguely recall him being a hot head out there in his youth.

Haha, yes, vintage Tony. Looks a bit ridiculous at his age though...

Watch the replay again and you will see what matt did to make Tony
mad they played it several times he has a good reason to be mad.

I did watch it, didn't have much choice. Neither was right and both were wrong. If that was someone other than Tony, this would all be a moot point.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 pm

I just now finished watching the race. I thought it was pretty good watching those guys finesse that groove and work to pass.

Call me a chubby chaser but the guy who threw the helmet makes me quiver. And Carl running out of gas.....priceless

Herbie and Liz sure picked a great race to attend
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

herbie14

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:45 pm

We darn sure did Doc! We just got back a couple of hours ago. We had a great time, and the racing was awesome. The place was packed, and we spent the whole day at the track. We didn't get to see the parade, cuz after we drove for 8 hours, then set up camp, we had to run to the beer gettin' place and I wanted to get back to camp and get my drunk on, lol. I'll have the computer queen post some pics when she gets a chance. Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone!
" I've got a cooler full of Schlitz and I'm not gonna stop drinkin till I get to the bottom." - Tony Stewart

Herbie
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing