FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Adderall

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Adderall

Being an admitted former drug user (including Adderall) and still an occasional weed smoker I understand why AJ might have turn to drugs. But I don't feel bad for him. He is a big boy. He made his own decisions. He should just own up to them like a man. Say hey look I made a mistake. I do think he deserves a second chance, as all humans do. But quite frankly he is acting like an idiot. And the difference between him and I are that he gets #### tested for his job and I don't.

Him talking about how he hasn't been happy for like six years and all the stress and pressure he has been under this year racing for Penske pretty much sounds like what any drug addict would say. Not even saying he was addicted to Adderall. But there is no way he didn't do it more than once.

And above all I am not going to feel sorry for a millionaire celebrity who threw his career away because of drugs. Hopefully he can pull a Robert Downey Jr for his own sake.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Hopefully not a Robert Downey Jr... How many times did he go to rehab? If he were to get back into NASCAR, he won't get another chance. He needs to make this one count and quit whining. I remember him having good races and being appreciative. Is he now saying he's been miserable this whole time? Hardly. He needs to let go of the pity party and get his life back together. Buck up, we've all had to do it one time or another.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:08 am

Robert Downey Jr did eventually conquer his demons and made a comeback. Look at him now he is the biggest film actor out there. AJ could aspire to make a comeback like that. Just without the repeated trips to rehab.

It is sounding more and more like he is going Indycar racing though. If he were to stay in NASCAR it would be difficult for him to get a good ride. He'd be a start and parker in cup and have to show the money to race in nw or trucks.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 am

he has a offer for grand am racing.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:23 am

michaeljohn wrote:he has a offer for grand am racing.

Yes, I read that the other day. I truly don't think he'll get a NASCAR ride though. Whether he deserves it or not. Too many young guns getting ready to make the transition and too few sponsors, at least for now. He's had at least what, 3 chances with 3 different teams so I think he'll be passed over. He has other options besides NASCAR and I don't think he'll have any other choice but to take one of those other choices. He's been around a while and hasn't shown much brilliance. He's passable, but so are many others. He just needs to complete his program and be thankful he has any offers at all. Drugs, regardless of the circumstance, and racing just do not mix. At least he's learned that ignorance is not bliss.

On a side note, I was happy to see Ryan Truex get the BK truck ride. I think he'll do very well :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 am

i didnt know that about ryan, thats good now he will be getting exposure every week, it will only benefit him..
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 am

I don't know why BK let Parker Kligerman go but I'm glad Ryan is getting a shot at a decent ride. He seems like a nice kid and has talent and I wish him the best. There seems to be a few young ones out there that have talent and I hope they get a shot. It's hard now, with the economy, but hopefully whoever deserves a chance will get one. Also, I think Parker got another ride with Red Horse Racing.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 am

BK didn't let Parker go. Parker left on his own saying "he was going to a team he can actually win with". He wasn't happy there. He is still with Penske though.

Ryan Blaney is the one getting to race for BK in a few races. Not Ryan Truex.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 am

Rochelle wrote:I don't know why BK let Parker Kligerman go but I'm glad Ryan is getting a shot at a decent ride. He seems like a nice kid and has talent and I wish him the best. There seems to be a few young ones out there that have talent and I hope they get a shot. It's hard now, with the economy, but hopefully whoever deserves a chance will get one. Also, I think Parker got another ride with Red Horse Racing.

they said parker wanted to go to a team where he can win, and felt red horse was the best team out there to do that, now he has to put up with a smelly onion....
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:BK didn't let Parker go. Parker left on his own saying "he was going to a team he can actually win with". He wasn't happy there. He is still with Penske though.

Oops, my bad, meant Blaney. I do like both young "Ryan's" though. If Parker wanted to leave why was his leaving announced before his new ride? Doesn't matter, parting is such sweet sorrow. I hope Parker doesn't expect any help from Bodine though, he doesn't play fair. It's all about the onion...
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Rochelle wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:BK didn't let Parker go. Parker left on his own saying "he was going to a team he can actually win with". He wasn't happy there. He is still with Penske though.

Oops, my bad, meant Blaney. I do like both young "Ryan's" though. If Parker wanted to leave why was his leaving announced before his new ride? Doesn't matter, parting is such sweet sorrow. I hope Parker doesn't expect any help from Bodine though, he doesn't play fair. It's all about the onion...

Both Ryans are good kids. Parker announced going to Red Horse Racing only like two days later, so he was just putting everything together. A week before on twitter he kind of hinted he was leaving.

He and Bodine actually get along apparently. I don't like the Onion very much, but maybe he will be good to Parker. He has Timothy Peters to lean on though.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Coulda , woulda , shoulda......I in no way agree w/ what he did.....it was a stupid move on his part....did he handle it in the right way?? #### no.......but before judgements can be made bout anyones life u need to walk in the their shoes....his life from the outside looking in may appear to be all tied up w/ a pretty lil bow but even the most successful ppl in the world battled w/ mental illnesses...his saying "i havent been happy for a long time" could be a down play for how depressed he really may be...sometimes it just cant be controlled....i believe he went at all this in the worst possible way...but to condemn him for a mental illness is just wrong....JMO!!!!!
I just hope anyone that passed judgement on him like that never wants any sympathy or empathy from friends....much less any understanding...

tc

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Geez, didn't mean to offend anyone but no one said anything about mental illness. Saying you haven't been happy for a long time doesn't specifically mean you're depressed or have a mental illness. He was talking about the way they weren't running well and the pressure he felt, among other things. I believe he also said he should be finished with the "Road to Recovery" soon (I think he said the end of the month), so I don't believe he has a true hard core drug problem, just made bad judgements. Why anyone, with the amount of drug testing NASCAR does, would take a pill from a friend of a friend, is totally beyond my comprehension. I don't truly believe that but I don't know exactly what happened. I can't believe he doesn't know what happened to Shane Hmiel or Jeremy Mayfield or a number of crew members throughout NASCAR, regardless of the difference in circumstances. He may be going through depression now, that would not surprise me one bit, but I didn't get the feeling that was the case before his suspension. But, after all, we only "know" what he chooses to tell us.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 pm

One thing that i've not seen ANYwhere (and admittedly, i haven't searched too hard) is where his wife, a chiropractor, stands with all this. If he was having such problems with sleeping/pressure/anxiety, i would assume she could help him get prescription meds so he wouldn't have to rely on something from a friend of a friend. Again admittedly, i really don't know if chiros can prescribe, so i may be, and probabaly am, way off base.

but really? "i took a pill from a friend of a friend because he told me it was a workout supplement?" i've heard more logical excuses from my 4 year-old great-nephew! which is why i have no qualms judging him and casting stones, he's insulting my intelligence, everyone's inteligence.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:40 pm

im tired of this holier than crap "walk in their shoes." everybody has a cross to bare in life, i had my share, and this is a forum people are going to past judgement whether they want to or not, its human nature, and to tell people other is b.s. "he who has not sin cast the first stone." which very few here can cast a stone, so were all guilty,

the man has a talent to do what he loves, and he was DUMB, STUPID, LAME, enough to throw it away on a pill "someone gave him." it just shows ya he isnt bright in the first place, or maybe he is just a liar, he deserves what he gets, just as anyone does who chooses to bad things............
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing