Robby Gordon placed on probation following confrontation wit

<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Robby Gordon placed on probation following confrontation wit

Robby Gordon placed on probation following confrontation with Kevin Conway
By Bob Pockrass
Saturday, March 05, 2011

Gordon has been placed on probation for an altercation with driver Kevin Conway.

LAS VEGAS – NASCAR has put Sprint Cup driver/owner Robby Gordon on probation following an incident with Kevin Conway in the Las Vegas Motor Speedway garage area late Friday afternoon.

Neither Gordon nor Conway would talk about the incident, but Conway said he had filed a police report about the incident – giving the indication that it was physical – and said all comment would come from the police or NASCAR. Gordon said he couldn’t comment because of the legal issues that already had existed between the two.

Las Vegas police Officer Barbara Morgan told The Associated Press that Conway filed a misdemeanor battery complaint and police will interview any possible witnesses before turning the investigation over to the Clark County district attorney in Las Vegas for a decision on whether charges will be filed.

Conway, who is driving in the Nationwide Series for Nemco Motorsports at Las Vegas, was not put on probation by NASCAR.

“Robby’s been put on probation – we’ll let everybody know for how long on Tuesday,” NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said. “This doesn’t give Conway a free pass, either.”

No NASCAR officials witnessed the incident, Pemberton said.

Conway drove for Gordon in seven races last year and they are involved in lawsuits with each other – Gordon has sued Conway sponsor Extenze in California while Conway has sued Gordon in North Carolina.

Gordon said Saturday that Conway is asking for $27,000 in money from winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie award from last year. Gordon said Saturday that he would pay Conway once he gets the $690,000 from Extenze.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

MichaelOsceola

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Robby Gordon placed on probation following confrontation

Looks like Gordon wants to wipe people out in the pits now instead of waiting to get on the track ....
Go Ryan!
( OK, Tony & Danica too )
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 am

Kevin must not be using Extenze anymore...otherwise, Robby wouldn't have been able to get within' 3 feet of him... :o :shock: ... :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:21 am

Looks like Gordon wants to wipe people out in the pits now instead of waiting to get on the track ....

HAHA. Nice response. I was thinking about posting a post about this to see what everyone here felt about the probation and/or Robby Gordon. Well, I think anyone who drives for Robby Gordon must be desperate for a ride because that man is definitely not known for his scruples.

Robby Gordon might be a nice guy (even if he does accept money from a sponsor like Extenz), I just remember accusations about cheating have gone all the way back to when he raced in the offroad races. I just think his reputation and his propensity for wrecking everyone and the way he came back onto the track a couple at Daytona knowing he couldn't win but not caring if he caused a wreck makes it tough for me to take his side. And even though Conway really isn't talking about the fight, NASCAR came down on Gordon and not Conway so ???
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 am

I met Robby and he is a nice guy to talk to.Just because he has a temper doesn't make him a bad person. Then that means Tony and Jeff and others are bad IT"S JUST RACING.I know that everyone has there own opinion and there favorite driver but like i said IT"S RACING.
ImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Good point Duff... Anyone who has tried to get an autograph from Tony in the pits before a race would most likely think Tony is the most unfriendliest driver out there.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Timerk, I met tony at his shop he is very nice to talk to but as everyone knows that everyone has a temper.
ImageImage
<<

14Smoke14

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:32 am

Im one of the nicest guys as they come ...BUT, if you #### me off while I am busting my tail to do my job, then you will see a side you wished you didnt.

I think that is in a little bit of all of us. Now some have a shorter fuse than others but most normal people will become irritated at work with other employees. Thats all Nascar is. Those same guys deal with each other week in and week out. Just like i have to look at these same people everyday in my office. Some days we are all lovey dovey and some days we want to choke the mess out of each other, lol. Thats life!
14SMoke14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

They are also playing the legal game - I'll see your lawsuit and raise you a lawsuit. I wouldn't doubt but what that situation fueled the altercation.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing