FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diversity Program

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Diversity Program

Schmoopy1000 wrote:bottom line is, Nascar does see color. They see everything in green. When a minority driver is capable of making it in cup Nascar will do everything they can to make it happen. Why? Because nascar sees everything in green.
People cant just will minority drivers to being a top driver. I didnt see the program either, but I think it would be racist if a non minority driver loses a ride just because they give a ride to someone because of the color of their skin.
When Wallace Jr. gets to the point where he can race in cup Nascar will push that driver as hard as they push Danica down our throats. So if the program is trying to say Nascar is racist, it just shows how ignorant the piece is.
Nascar loves green. its the only color they see. They have gone so far as to ruin my sport & ruin a true Championship in the name of money. They turned the sport into a gimick in the name of green, so they are salivating at the chance to how a competitive Black driver in cup.
I think talent & talent alone should dictate who makes it in cup, not what race you are. Not if you are gay or not, not if you are male or female, & if you are polka dotted. More power to ya!
But with that same thought, I dont think you should be given a spot in cup because you are a certain race, gay or not, male or female, & certainly not just because you are polka dotted.

Quite frankly a diversity program is a form of segragation, which is a form of racism. I also think affirmative action should be illegal. You cant conquer racism, by using a form of racism.
Anytime a minority gets or takes someone elses job, that, that someone was more qualified for. It can only be seen as a form of racism. before someone says no its not. look at this simple formula. Switch the spots & say some white guy took a job from a minority where the minority was more qualifed for. What would everyone be screaming? ............ Racism!

I really get sick of hearing the race card thrown out there, anytime minority talk is brought up.
There is plenty of real racism againsst minorities out there, where the race card can be thrown around. People dont have to make $h!t up just so they can cry racism.

Did I miss anything? Was the show any good?

Think you pretty much covered it for me,i certianly can't disagree with yah! Don't want to go there with the affirmative action that cost me a shot in the electricians union at 24yrs.old and thou i scored higher than the minoritys and most the white,i was told i didn't get in because of my race! Years later i was offered a job by a licensed electrician and turned it down as all the electricians around here belong to the union and i wanted no part of the union since then.The stories i do hear or have heard over the years i figure they did me favor by not hiring me by what i know now about it.Then far as Nascar,they have been grasping for anything to help boost ticket sales and attract sponsors,why not make it exciting again and whoever likes it,likes it and whoever wants to race earn it like the rest of them did! Wendell Scott sure as #### earned it and then some,hand outs are BS,what is this the Obama administration! :evil:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

No offense to anyone. But I think it is funny that white people want to cry about affrimative action and segregation. And ignorant on top of that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:No offense to anyone. But I think it is funny that white people want to cry about affrimative action and segregation. And ignorant on top of that.

I adore your 19 year old attitude. Just come back in about 15 years after you graduate from college, spent a few years in the military, learned a little about life and I'll debate you on any subject you want. You do realize some of your posts do not make any sense don't you?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:No offense to anyone. But I think it is funny that white people want to cry about affrimative action and segregation. And ignorant on top of that.

just so you know. I am not white. Hows your foot taste?

For me. My stance on Segregation in the name of conquering racism is a logical stance. Not a political one.

I leave all the Political stances out there to the sheep.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 pm

^^^nice^^^
I miss you Frehley........
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 pm

well if there was a truer form of racism just ask the american indian............
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:58 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well if there was a truer form of racism just ask the american indian............

Amen MJ...

Took their land, killed off most of their food supply (buffalo) and confined them to reservations (on some of the poorest land in the country). Oh yeah, hunted them down and killed thousands and stereotyped them in tons of western movies.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 pm

This has got to be... the DUMBEST post I ever read on here.

Extremely racist & full of ignorant hate.

Affirmative Action is the polar opposite of racism. .... and yet look at how many of you hate it.

I don't get that. People of color who are placed in an A/A job are not pulled, randomly from a bowl of names. They are qualified and were there, waiting for a job, just like the rest of you people of color and non color were waiting.

Why are so many of you against adding color to a sport? ? I just can't comprehend that. What does it matter??? Are people of color going to take a white man's spot? Is that it?

Is NASCAR ( or should it be ) the Good ol, White Man sport? Would people of color threaten you in some way? Make you afraid? Lock up your women & children from them? Would you just HATE to have to smell ethnic foods cooking? ? See a person of color get ahead of a white person? Be more successful? Have to deal with them? ?

What is wrong with making the playing field a fair place for all?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:16 pm

smokieonefour wrote:This has got to be... the DUMBEST post I ever read on here.

Extremely racist & full of ignorant hate.

Affirmative Action is the polar opposite of racism. .... and yet look at how many of you hate it.

I don't get that. People of color who are placed in an A/A job are not pulled, randomly from a bowl of names. They are qualified and were there, waiting for a job, just like the rest of you people of color and non color were waiting.

Why are so many of you against adding color to a sport? ? I just can't comprehend that. What does it matter??? Are people of color going to take a white man's spot? Is that it?

Is NASCAR ( or should it be ) the Good ol, White Man sport? Would people of color threaten you in some way? Make you afraid? Lock up your women & children from them? Would you just HATE to have to smell ethnic foods cooking? ? See a person of color get ahead of a white person? Be more successful? Have to deal with them? ?

What is wrong with making the playing field a fair place for all?

I think your point of view is very narrow minded.
Discrimination is discrimination, no matter what race, Gender or belief system you have.
Your assuming the lack of black cup drivers that means it isnt a fair playing field. I would disagree. nascar would/will & does jump at the prospect of having a black driver in the series. So quite frankly the good ol' boy White man sport (as racist of a comment as that is) doesnt exist anymore. Except for in the minds that like throwing the race card around.
Honestly what runs Nascar nowadays is sponsors. Throw the race card at them. There are many more quality drivers put out to pasture for a more marketable driver.
Narrowmindedness is where racism breeds. if you cant look at both sides of a subject, you are probably discriminating against something.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:38 pm

there are some subjects that shouldnt be touched on a racing message board, politics, religion, politics( i purposely typed it twice), race, because everyone has strong views and there is always a minority (no pun attended) to one of these views, i personally am sick of racism in any form, like i said i dont see color, growing up in minnesota i was exposed to american indian culture, it is a big part of the states history, growing up in a inner city, i grew up all types of people, exposed to all types experiences, if this subject needs to continue, at least be cool enough to leave any racist comments or insults to each other to a dull roar,
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

The few minority friends i have do agree with me,in fact one of them took a job offered to him and later found it wasn't by his own merit and it really bothered him.I've seen or been on both sides of the coin and it isn't easy either way.
My original intention was to get differant peoples opinions about the Diversity program,not to turn it into a racial issue.Personally,it doesn't matter what ethnic group one is from,it's who they are as a person and i've met good and bad in all out there no matter what race they are.Politics are another thing as we go from one extreme to another,it's just another form of racism which we no longer need from anyone in this day and age.The problem is,everyone has some degree of racism in them,it's nature,but it's to what degree that makes all the differance.
Like i said,Wendell Scott to me,is one who deserves alot of respect or admiration.Today i'd like to think race doesn't matter long as you work hard and do you're best to succeed and by chance you play in the NHL,Race or whatever,i don't care as i'd repect that over anything else.
Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well if there was a truer form of racism just ask the american indian............

I just tell them to shut up and deal. :P The indian seriously was all the white mans greed when it comes right down to it.The trail of tears has to be what bothered me the most during history classes,least the one that got my attention.I'm English decent and if it weren't for the indians in MA.the pilgrims wouldn't have survived. The indians were no saints either,but what amazes me through all these years is man still destroys anything in their path due to greed.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm

White people? How would you like to be hired and find out later it wasn't because of your own merit but just because of your skin color? Friend of mine was and what am i suppose to tell him,it's ok? The guy is dam good at what he does too,his attitude is the same as mine about affirmative action,is he crying too? He is also a milatary veteran like myself,i suppose you know all about that too, speaking of segregation? When your ars is getting shot at you'll know who your friends are,yeah,i take offense to your comment because i don't believe most of us are making this what you are.
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I would love to see minorities represented in NASCAR in all its positions--- the crews, mechanics and drivers.

I don't think Affirmative Action or Diversity programs are ever the answer as sometimes they're unfair to deserving Caucasians who will be passed over because of their race. It will just take one or two really good pit crew and/or drivers of color and pretty soon the sport will be integrated. I don't care what color a person is, and I bet most of us don't, as long as they are the best at what they do.

Danica Patrick is proof that you don't have to be the best driver to garner a lot of sponsorship money. Being a minority would be a "hook" that could bring in a lot of green for the right sponsor who is willing to take a chance. Would love to see SHR develop some minority employees but I am ashamed to say I have no idea what the climate is in our group, or NASCAR overall, for a minority. I know what I'd like it to be but not sure what it is. I would like to say SHR is setting the bar by acquiring Danica, but she brought in too much sponsorship money and publicity for it not to have been a "sure thing" IMO.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:49 pm

I like what Lovie Smith, the coach of The Chicago Bears, said back in 2006 after winning the NFC Championship game to be the 1st African American head coach to coach his team in the Superbowl:

"I can't wait for the day when people don't talk about it."
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing