FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diversity Program

<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Diversity Program

jamo14 wrote:I like what Lovie Smith, the coach of The Chicago Bears, said back in 2006 after winning the NFC Championship game to be the 1st African American head coach to coach his team in the Superbowl:

"I can't wait for the day when people don't talk about it."

That would be the perfect scenario :!:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:15 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Darrell Wallace Jr. might just be the boost that program needs. He leads 38 laps in what, his 2nd race in the NW series......Gotta be somethin' there, maybe?? 8-)

Kyle Larson all the way! ;)
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm

smokieonefour wrote:This has got to be... the DUMBEST post I ever read on here.

Extremely racist & full of ignorant hate.

Affirmative Action is the polar opposite of racism. .... and yet look at how many of you hate it.

I don't get that. People of color who are placed in an A/A job are not pulled, randomly from a bowl of names. They are qualified and were there, waiting for a job, just like the rest of you people of color and non color were waiting.

Why are so many of you against adding color to a sport? ? I just can't comprehend that. What does it matter??? Are people of color going to take a white man's spot? Is that it?

Is NASCAR ( or should it be ) the Good ol, White Man sport? Would people of color threaten you in some way? Make you afraid? Lock up your women & children from them? Would you just HATE to have to smell ethnic foods cooking? ? See a person of color get ahead of a white person? Be more successful? Have to deal with them? ?

What is wrong with making the playing field a fair place for all?

Smokie--- I am not against minorities in NASCAR, I just don't think 2 wrongs make a right and I think Affirmative Action is wrong. I think it's another way to be prejudice. The objective should be no racism, no deliniation of race whatsoever. But Affirmative Action and its antiquated ideas like quotas, incentives to hire minorities, etc. is another form of racism. It's like saying, let's fix the problem with another form of the problem. How is it fair that a Black driver who is not as qualified as a White driver gets a ride BECAUSE he's not White? That to me is reverse racism. I just think there has to be another way. Let's encourage young minority drivers. Let's have camps or promotions or things to attact minorities into NASCAR without formal "Affirmative Action" type programs that include and exclude people based on their race.

That's my opinion anyway. And I think most of us would LOVE to see more minorities in NASCAR.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing