FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dont let the door hit ya on the way out AJ.....

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: dont let the door hit ya on the way out AJ.....

Rochelle wrote: I thought AJ's rep said that the level of the substance was just above what was allowed. To me that says it's not a banned substance, such as a hard drug would be.

...not necessarily, all drugs only stay in the system for a given period of time. If I'm reading right, amphetamines clear in 3-5 days. If the test was at the end of that "window"(say the 4th/5th day) it very well could have been at that low of a level and still been an illicit substance.

Now, that would suggest(to me) occasional/casual use as opposed to addiction(daily use) which would have lead to a much higher concentration of the substance.

...funny thing is...at that concentration, all he would have needed was about an extra glass of water an hour or so before the test...woulda' diluted the concentration. ;) :roll:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 pm

From an AP news article, Aug 1:

"NASCAR has not said what substance Allmendinger was suspended for, but his business manager has said it was an amphetamine. Allmendinger has said he didn't knowingly take a banned substance and has hired an independent laboratory to help determine what caused the positive test."

Amphetamine--> http://www.drugs.com/amphetamine.html

Under the "Important Information" paragraph, note the "Use caution when driving..." side effect.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Allmendinger Says He Tested Positive For ADHD Drug

The Asociated Press - Aug. 7, 2012

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Suspended NASCAR driver AJ Allmendinger says he tested positive for a prescription drug typically used to treat attention deficit disorder.

Allmendinger said in an interview with ESPN that he took Adderall a couple of days before the race at Kentucky Speedway on June 30 because he was tired. He does not have ADHD or a prescription for the drug.

He says a friend gave him the pill and said it was a workout supplement that would give him energy.

Two days later he was randomly tested at the racetrack.

Allmendinger told ESPN that he wasn't informed what drug triggered the positive test - only that it was an amphetamine - until after a B sample was tested July 24.

Allmendinger, who said he had never taken the drug before, is now going through NASCAR's Road to Recovery program. He said he hopes to complete the program by the end of August.

Spokesman David Higdon said NASCAR is unaware of the specific substance Allmendinger took. Higdon said testing won't reveal the brand of a substance.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing