Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

REALLY COOL IN MY BOOK.........

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 pm

J.J. Yeley will carry sponsorship from Darlington Raceway in Sunday's Kobalt Tools 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The former open wheel star has driven the independent Whitney Motorsports team into its third straight Sprint Cup Series race and NASCAR's original superspeedway decided to back the effort in Sunday's third race of the season.

Why??..............Here's the official track statement:

Basically, we saw an opportunity to help out a struggling team in a ‘David vs. Goliath’ situation. As many of you know it was not uncommon in the early days of our sport for a promoter to assist a struggling driver or team with tow money, etc. This sport was built on racers like J.J. Yeley and tracks like Darlington Raceway, and we wish him all the best in tomorrow’s race.

Re: REALLY COOL IN MY BOOK.........

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Yahoo thats my Yeley man.....a very sweet guy....that is great to hear this....thank you MW....

tc

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 am

Cool indeed. 8-) Great to see Darlington step up to help a smaller operation like Yeley.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Glad to see them doing this I think it is great I like JJY also :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm

thats good to see....................

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

14SHRfan39 wrote:Glad to see them doing this I think it is great I like JJY also :D

Ya i got to meet and chat w/ him a lil last yr at the Chili Bowl.....he couldnt have more accomodating and nice.....i was impressed for sure.... :)

tc

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 am

How did JJ do at Darlington?
been bizzy here and never heard how he did.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:53 am

im cool in everyones' book............................
Post a reply