FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AJ SUSPENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

AJ SUSPENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

test results for the b sample came back positive, so he is suspended indefinitely..... good job AJ at least you passed some thing.............
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: AJ SUSPENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda knew this is what the outcome would be.....look for Roger to dump him sooner rather than later.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

azk8ster

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 am

I'm just insanely curious as to what the substance was that caused this. All of the statements from his camp keep referring to the fact that whatever it was, it was above accepted levels by the slimmest, slimmest, slimmest of margins. But just like speeding onpit road, if you're over the limit, you're over the limit!

I truly cannot see him using illegal/illicit substances, i feel it HAS to be something in the supplement family. I'm also sure it was unintentional, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would harm his body in any way, shape or form.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

Some days a person can't win for losing. This is a real shame but somehow he took something not suitable for the drivers. I haven't followed AJ but just think he finally got a decent ride and life looked great for him and somehow he's blown all of that. He can get into the rehab program can't he and then get back in NASCAR ? But would an owner want him on their team?

I take a supplement called Vitamin B50 and it is for a skin condition. I read the ingredients the other day and it would take a chemist to figure out what is in it. Perhaps Brad wasn't that far off. Just drink water and not take the pill or drink those energy drinks.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am

From the USA Today, July 25, 2012:

Allmendinger fails ‘B’ sample test
— Chad Leistikow

A.J. Allmendinger failed his backup “B” sample drug test and has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR, the sanctioning body said Tuesday. The Sprint Cup driver had contested through his business manager that the positive test was from a stimulant. In a statement after the “B” sample — which was tested Tuesday in Nashville — came back positive, Tara Ragan said, “We have secured the services of an independent lab to conduct thorough testing on every product within A.J.’s home and motor coach to find what might collaborate with his test, which created results that were within nanograms of accepted standards.” Allmendinger will be replaced by Sam Hornish Jr. in the No. 22 Dodge for a third consecutive race, Sunday’s Brickyard 400, according to Penske Racing.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am

Also from the USA Today, July 25, 2012:

Allmendinger’s defense fails
Sprint Cup driver could struggle to rebuild image after positive ‘B’ sample
By Nate Ryan USA TODAY

Will “B” day for A.J. Allmendinger be remembered as the D-Day for his NASCAR career?
As the results came down late Tuesday that Allmendinger’s “B” sample matched the failed “A” test, he was suspended indefinitely by NASCAR — a potentially damaging blow to Allmendinger’s future in the Sprint Cup Series.
The indefinite suspension means the timetable for his return will be set by NAS-CAR through a Road to Recovery Program that might include counseling, treatment or rehabilitation. It can take more than year for NASCAR members to be reinstated.
The only other driver to be suspended under NASCAR’s first random drug testing policy, instituted in 2009, never returned to the sport. Jeremy Mayfield, who tested positive for methamphetamines, sued unsuccessfully to have his test results overturned.
NASCAR hasn’t disclosed what Allmendinger tested positive for, but the driver’s business manager, Tara Ragan, said it was a stimulant. NASCAR’s substance abuse policy bans stimulants including amphetamine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA), Eve (MDEA), MDA, PMA, Phentermine and other amphetamine derivatives.
Being linked to any of those would sully a driver’s reputation in a sport in which participation is fueled by multimillion-dollar sponsorships from image-conscious corporations, and Allmendinger has attempted to distance himself from the perception of recreational use in his limited public comments since his temporary suspension began July 7, hours before the Coke Zero 400.
Ragan said Tuesday, after the “B” test failed, that the results “were within nanograms of accepted standards.” Allmendinger previously had released a statement in which he denied knowingly taking a prohibited substance and also implied a dietary supplement could have caused his positive test. Ragan reaffirmed that position Tuesday, saying the driver had secured an independent lab to test “every product within A.J.’s home and motor coach” in search of a possible source of the stimulant.
If Allmendinger could tie his case to product contamination, he could more easily rebuild his reputation, said Ed Wyszumiala, the general manager for NSF International. The non-profit organization, based in Ann Arbor, Mich., writes standards and certifies products in the dietary supplement market, working with the NFL, Major League Baseball, the NHL and various other pro sports organizations and their players unions.
NSF has certified more than 180 products, from amino acids to protein powders to multivitamins, but Wyszumiala said it also had tested hundreds of products that weren’t certified because of concerns they could lead to positive drug tests.
“It’s a plausible defense,” Wyszumiala said. “If you’re not taking something, the first thing to ask is, ‘How did this get in my body?’ It comes down to, ‘What were the levels found in the drug screen?’ With a lower level, you can trace it back to product contamination.”
But how a substance entered a driver’s system and how much matters little to NASCAR, which encourages drivers to verify supplements through the Aegis Sciences Corp. laboratory in Nashville that handled testing of Allmendinger’s samples.
“As far as NASCAR is concerned, it’s still a full-stop violation,” NASCAR spokesman Da-vid Higdon said Tuesday of Allmedinger’s failed test. “We choose not to disclose the level (of the substance) as it does not factor into the decision.”
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm

I truly believe it was something in a supplement and that he will make public that information if it is indeed that. He somewhat owes it to his fan base/sponsors/team if that is the case.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:49 pm

What gets me is they retest for the b sample from the same original sample,why not a new sample? Sam Hornish isn't ready for Cup as proven,i wonder if this might open the doors for Ryan back to Penske with Shell in the #22,he can drive and has a good image? :idea: Tony can't secure a sponsor for Ryan next season,could that happen? There was talk of Penske taking interest in Joey Lagano, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what the #### is Roger thinking?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I truly believe it was something in a supplement and that he will make public that information if it is indeed that. He somewhat owes it to his fan base/sponsors/team if that is the case.

...IF it is legal, my(semi-educated) guess is 1,3-dimethylamylamine. It's in many "pre-workout" supplements and WILL give a false positive for amphetamines. It just recently got the "ban hammer" dropped on it by the FDA, no longer legal for sale...but there is still some floating around until it sells out.

AND, we haven't even addressed the issue of "cross contamination" which is not unheard of in the supplement manufacturing industry(or the food and drug industry, for that matter). Something containing DMAA could have been produced/bottled on the same equipment. That CAN cause trace amounts to contaminate a different supplement. It's like when they have on food labels,"This product was packaged in a facility that handles...nuts/soy/milk...ect." to warn against potential allergic reactions from similar cross contamination. This can EASILY happen with supplements too.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm

never was a fan of his, feel he is over rated, im sure penske could find someone better to replace him.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

wolfgang wrote:What gets me is they retest for the b sample from the same original sample,why not a new sample?

...easy, some substances have a very short "half life" in the blood stream/body...meaning they clear in a very short time, sometimes in a matter of a few hours. So, a different day could mean a VERY different result.

This is how pro athletes(even with testing) are still using steriods...well testerone(technically an androgen). Fast acting creams, gels...ect. that can clear the system is as little as a few hours when, I believe they have like 48 hours or so to report for testing.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

LeslieO

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 pm

I've never warmed to AJ very much, but this is a shame all the way around.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm

its obvious roger really likes sammy, just that his skills havent transferred over to nascar, sammy may finish out there year in the 22 but doesnt mean he will be the driver for next year, cuz roger has talked about gettin the 3rd team started up again if he can get a sponsor, then for sure sammy will be the driver.

as far as pennzoil, one condition to them sponsoring the 22 car, penske agreed to use pennzoil products exclusivity in his dealership, so pennzoil is not going anywhere anytime soon.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Allmendinger To Join NASCAR Rehab Program

Suspended driver AJ Allmendinger has decided to participate in NASCAR’s Road to Recovery program, which is designed to give competitors who have failed drug tests a chance to race again.Allmendinger spokeswoman Tara Ragan said Wednesday afternoon that NASCAR has been notified that Allmendinger will participate in the rehabilitation program.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/2 ... b-program/
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 pm

On NASCAR Now this afternoon, NASCAR has not and probably won't tell him what he tested positive for.......I don't understand that?!? How can you accuse someone of drug use and then not tell him what it is you are accusing him of using....last time I checked this was the USA. :roll: :roll: That is just wrong!
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing