FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jimmie Johnson takes supplements

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:02 am

Jimmie Johnson takes supplements

Maybe this is more common news than I thought. But I didn't realize that he took supplements. He is smart with it though and reports everything that he takes to NASCAR.

I like what Brad Keselowski said. "Drivers shouldn't even be allowed to take Flintstones pills. Just man up and drive the #### racecar".

I think the Flintstones thing is a little to far lol. But I agree. I think if it ends up that AJ's positive was because of some energy supplement (which NASCAR said it isn't though and stimulants and supplements are completely different), then all supplements should be banned. Again I like what Brad said when he also said "how is it that some supplements are okay but some aren't".
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Jimmie Johnson takes supplements

This is such a touchy subject and I think what Brian France said was correct. Wait until the testing is over before making a statement. I liked what he had to say and that was keeping the other 42 drivers safe. He was asked a direct question in an interview and he gave a direct reply.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:24 am

I heard that it was an amphetamine that AJ tested for. That just upped his chances of it being a legal drug that just happens to be on the banned substance list. There are only two maybe three real illegal drugs that are amphetamines.

And it was in NASCAR's best interest to take Allmendinger off the racetrack. Better to potentially screw one driver than put the safety of 42 drivers at risk.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I heard that it was an amphetamine that AJ tested for. That just upped his chances of it being a legal drug that just happens to be on the banned substance list. There are only two maybe three real illegal drugs that are amphetamines.

And it was in NASCAR's best interest to take Allmendinger off the racetrack. Better to potentially screw one driver than put the safety of 42 drivers at risk.

you cant ban all supplements, because they are called supplements. Whats next? Banning vegetables & proper eatting?
Actually what Brad said sounded cool, but really didnt make any sense. Vitamins are a supplement.
To me it was simply an ignorant statement.
Technically just about every driver takes supplements. (well maybe except Tony Stewart & Jimmy Spencer LOL) :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I heard that it was an amphetamine that AJ tested for. That just upped his chances of it being a legal drug that just happens to be on the banned substance list. There are only two maybe three real illegal drugs that are amphetamines.

you cant ban all supplements, because they are called supplements. Whats next? Banning vegetables & proper eatting?
Actually what Brad said sounded cool, but really didnt make any sense. Vitamins are a supplement.
Technically just about every driver takes supplements. (well maybe except Tony Stewart & Jimmy Spencer LOL) :mrgreen:

Carl Edwards is the most fit driver out there and he doesn't take supplements.
As a person who has raced, played hockey, football, baseball, soccer, and basketball, I never took supplements. Just manned up, and worked out to get fit. To me supplements is a cop out. Being an athlete I understand exactly what Brad was saying.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:53 pm

My feeling is long as the drivers aren't stoned or drunk off their butts on the track,i honestly don't care what they do on their own time.Few years back Nascar thought Ron Hornaday was taking stimulants,when in fact he was taking prescribed medicine for a medical condition.Drug tests should only include illegal drugs period and not by Nascars determination of illegal drugs which could include illegal to vitamins. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Carl Edwards is the most fit driver out there and he doesn't take supplements.
As a person who has raced, played hockey, football, baseball, soccer, and basketball, I never took supplements. Just manned up, and worked out to get fit. To me supplements is a cop out. Being an athlete I understand exactly what Brad was saying.

you telling me Carl doesnt take any vitamins?
I am pretty sure you are seeing what you want in his comments. Meanwhile it was a blanket statement about all Supplements. I am calling you a shall we say a stretcher of the truth about Carl.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm

boy i take vitamins, doesnt make me a druggie or less of a man SS as you go through you will see people need to take vi tams, because their body isnt producing the correct amounts, there again it doesnt make you less of a person if they are taken, so you and brad k can shove that b.s. line,
you always come here proclaiming something and if it doesnt fit in your realm of thinking, you disrespect it by the words you use, you got a lot to learn

the supplements JJ is taking right now are for allergies, so nice going with your headline to fool people into thinking he is taking something heavy, the dude gets up every day at 5:30 and works out for 2-3 hrs a day, just did a triathlon last sunday,
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you telling me Carl doesnt take any vitamins?
I am pretty sure you are seeing what you want in his comments. Meanwhile it was a blanket statement about all Supplements. I am calling you a shall we say a stretcher of the truth about Carl.

He said he doesn't take supplements. Unless he is lying. So how the #### is that seeing what I want to see?
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:boy i take vitamins, doesnt make me a druggie or less of a man SS as you go through you will see people need to take vi tams, because their body isnt producing the correct amounts, there again it doesnt make you less of a person if they are taken, so you and brad k can shove that b.s. line,
you always come here proclaiming something and if it doesnt fit in your realm of thinking, you disrespect it by the words you use, you got a lot to learn

the supplements JJ is taking right now are for allergies, so nice going with your headline to fool people into thinking he is taking something heavy, the dude gets up every day at 5:30 and works out for 2-3 hrs a day, just did a triathlon last sunday,

Never said taking supplements makes you a druggie. I just don't like athlete taking them to enhance their performance. If your an old guy taking Vitamin C there is no problem with that.

Idk about Johnson taking any for his allergies. But he did say he takes some for his workout. There is my problem. And athlete should get fit naturally and perform naturally. Not with the aide of supplements.

run every morning at 5am for an hour and do pushups afterwards. But I don't take supplements.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Carl Edwards is on steriods,i read it on Harvicks site so it has to be true. :lol:
JJ does have allergies and believe me i don't know which is worse,having the allergies or taking the meds which also make you tired-no stimulation there! Personally,i take vitamins from time to time,especially vitamin C because i'm still a dumb #### that likes to smoke. I'm a big fan of Brad but i don't agree with his statement either.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Wasn't that Carl, a couple of years ago, chugging Vitamin Water supplied by one of his sponsors, Vitamin Water?

And Carl was taking Claritin for his allergies. I remember him saying he'd cleared it with NASCAR when the whole Jeremy debacle happened.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:19 pm

wolfgang wrote:Carl Edwards is on steriods,i read it on Harvicks site so it has to be true. :lol:
JJ does have allergies and believe me i don't know which is worse,having the allergies or taking the meds which also make you tired-no stimulation there! Personally,i take vitamins from time to time,especially vitamin C because i'm still a dumb #### that likes to smoke. I'm a big fan of Brad but i don't agree with his statement either.

i had a bad case of the allergies in 06, to the point i had bronchitis, it was the worst, i too had to take medication cuz im a wussy....... i also smoked and i kid you not april 27th 2006, was my last ciggie, because it was more important to breathe than have a smoke,

of course the edwards/roids thing is true, specially if kevin said it haha, but edwards does show examples of someone on roids with how he gets angry so fast
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 am

Rochelle wrote:Wasn't that Carl, a couple of years ago, chugging Vitamin Water supplied by one of his sponsors, Vitamin Water?

And Carl was taking Claritin for his allergies. I remember him saying he'd cleared it with NASCAR when the whole Jeremy debacle happened.

Vitamin Water is a sugary drink. I drink that too.

And Claritin deal is for allergies (unless you want to make meth out of it). Not for performance enhancing. I use Claritin for my allergies too. What he doesn't take are supplements to enhance him when he works out.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Wasn't that Carl, a couple of years ago, chugging Vitamin Water supplied by one of his sponsors, Vitamin Water?

Vitamin Water is a sugary drink. I drink that too.

And Claritin deal is for allergies (unless you want to make meth out of it). Not for performance enhancing. I use Claritin for my allergies too. What he doesn't take are supplements to enhance him when he works out.

something you are forgetting is there are tons of Supplements simply for health, not for performance enhancing. So if you listen to Brad & agree with him, then you are saying all Supplements. (even flintstones vitamins)
So to make your point you say only performance enhancing ones. make up your mind. Quit jumping around. The taking supplements doesnt mean you are taking performance enhancing things. Which like I said was an ignorant comment by Brad. that you claim to agree with.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing