FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

#16 Damaged Friday (In Garage Area)

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 am

#16 Damaged Friday (In Garage Area)

Of all things. He was backing out of his garage stall slowly when it clipped the left rear bumper on the #48 team's generator cart.

Biffle said:
"I'm glad I was backing up slow," (after the left-rear corner of his bumper was dented.) "A lot of times we're in a hurry and you want to try to get out there and go, but I was backing up slow and turning." (The cart belonged to #48-Jimmie Johnson's team.) "I don't want to blame the guy with the cart, but you hear a car start up, you see it move out of the garage slow and turning, at what point do you keep walking with the generator cart?"

:? Hum. I know people are supposed to have the right of way to walk, but at a NASCAR track in the garage area, I believe it's the driver's who have the right away here.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 am

Re: #16 Damaged Friday (In Garage Area)

Thats the first time i heared that.How funny!!
DRIVERS GET THE RIGHT AWAY!!!! :lol:
ImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: #16 Damaged Friday (In Garage Area)

Smoke14Wins wrote:Of all things. He was backing out of his garage stall slowly when it clipped the left rear bumper on the #48 team's generator cart.

Biffle said:
"I'm glad I was backing up slow," (after the left-rear corner of his bumper was dented.) "A lot of times we're in a hurry and you want to try to get out there and go, but I was backing up slow and turning." (The cart belonged to #48-Jimmie Johnson's team.) "I don't want to blame the guy with the cart, but you hear a car start up, you see it move out of the garage slow and turning, at what point do you keep walking with the generator cart?"

:? Hum. I know people are supposed to have the right of way to walk, but at a NASCAR track in the garage area, I believe it's the driver's who have the right away here.

actually you have a point.
When we were racing our driver (& others) were coming off the track Someone in the pits decided to walk out in front of our Sprint car. Our driver had to slam on the brakes, which basically stopped all the others behind him. In sprint cars all the cars stalled & had to be pushed back to the pits with four wheelers. The Lady was lucky she didnt get ran over, because the last thing a driver is thinking in the back pits is someone is stupid enough to walk in front of race cars coming off the track.
Drivers should have the right away in the pits.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing