FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SS14 you did bring up an interesting thought

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 pm

SS14 you did bring up an interesting thought

while chatting on another thread you brought up a driver, that I think could mix up the 22 driver seat silly season if Dinger loses his ride.

My 1st thought is/was they slide Hornish into that seat.
However Vickers who has shown he can still drive when he has driven the 55 car this year, could be a possiblity.
Everyone figures he will share the 55 with Mark again next year, but if Penske were to offer him a full time ride he would be a fool to not take it. Part time ride or a full time ride? To me it would be an easy choice for Vickers. Since Mark has already stated he will be driving next year no matter what. I wish he would just retire & stop screwing up quality rides.

Still think Hornish would be my 1st thought, but Vickers would be some food for thought.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: SS14 you did bring up an interesting thought

I think at this point MWR is a better team than Penske. If Mikey offers him a fulltime ride I think he should take it.

Vickers could be in contention to finish up the year and take it over in 2013. That is a ride that he could do a good job with. He is a veteran and has wins and a chase berth so he would be a good teammate to Keselowski.

I forgot all about him being a possible candidate for the 22. Penske has to be looking at him. But I think right now it's Sam's ride. That is Roger's boy.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:56 pm

the capt. loves sammy, and that will probably be the replacement for this yr..
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

If Vickers would continue to drive like he has this year, I'd take him over everyone. If he reverts to his "head up his a$$" driving style he had at the end of the season last year, I'd take anyone but him.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm

MWR doesnt have a full time ride available for Vickers, unless they could somehow get mark to hang it up or rip up his contract. Which wont happen.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Mikey said he would be interested and having Vickers be a driver fulltime. Maybe they could force Mark out.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Mark Martin will never give up a ride no matter who it is with. Back when he started his first retirement he stated it was time for Arlene his wife and attention to his son's racing career. Well we know what happened there. I have never heard what happen to his son and his racing. Did he give up on it?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 pm

ndunn wrote:Mark Martin will never give up a ride no matter who it is with. Back when he started his first retirement he stated it was time for Arlene his wife and attention to his son's racing career. Well we know what happened there. I have never heard what happen to his son and his racing. Did he give up on it?

I think it lasted about 6 months, and he decided racing was not for him. I know he didn't last very long. I think Mark was disappointed....

MJ is right, Penske loves Sam Hornish....if the B test turns out positive then for sure he will slide right into that seat. They already have all the equipment and it would be an easy transition. Just makes good sense.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 am

i was hoping David R was going to get the ride last year, he started to come into his own, didnt set the world on fire but he was having better runs, sammy should stay in NW series for a couple more years, but here we go, another wrench thrown into silly season.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks Annalee I didn't know Mark's son was not interested in racing any more. Sometimes that happens. Kyle Petty wasn't always interested either. I believe his goal was singing as a teeager.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

michaeljohn wrote:the capt. loves sammy, and that will probably be the replacement for this yr..

From what I've seen on the NASCAR website today, I think you're right. My question is, if he loves him so much, why wasn't he in that ride this year? Ugh, now 42 drivers have to worry about him every week, again. He hasn't learned anything and still only has 1 win. To me, that doesn't equal a ride with any team. There are many NW drivers with potential that could benefit with a ride of this caliber. But, having to pick which series you want to earn points for at the beginning of the year has probably screwed them out of this ride. Still, I'm not going to throw AJ under the bus just yet. Watching Dave Despain last night, they were very surprised about AJ's suspension. I have to agree and I hope it turns out well for him. He's very likeable but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder lately.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing