The way his season has gone I can see why he may having been smoking some weed. He is a Cali boy after all.
But seriously wow. Wonder what it was? Weed? Cocaine? LSD? Shrooms? Heroin? Ecstasy? Meth?
Or perhaps something that isn't illegal. NASCAR has some legal prescription drugs on their banned substance list.
I could not find the full list, but I found this:http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...rule-book//P2/
Among the drugs listed:
• Stimulants, such as amphetamine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA), Eve (MDEA) and Phentermine.
• Narcotic analgesics, such as hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone, oxymorphone, heroin, codeine and hydrocodone.
• Ephedrine, such as pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine if used in a manner inconsistent with the instructions provided by the drug manufacturer or in a manner or amount that risks the health, safety or impairs a driver.
• Benzodiazepines, such as lorazepam (Ativan), oxazapam (Serax), temazepam (Restoril), Alpha-hydroxyalprazolam (Xanax) and Nordiazepam (Valium).
• Barbituates, such as amobarbital (Amytal) and secobarbital (Seconal).
• Performance enhancing drugs, such as Human Growth Hormone (hGH), as well as anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), including testosterone.
• Muscle relaxers, such as carisoprodol (Soma), meprobamate (Miltown, Meprospan).
• Sleep aids, such as zolpidem (Ambien)
• Beta blockers, such as alpernolol and carteolol.
• Alcohol: A competitor is prohibited from consuming any alcohol 12 hours prior to or during on-track activity. A driver is considered unfit if the blood-alcohol level is above 20 milligrams per 100 milliliters (0.02 percent).
• Dietary supplements with a warning advising non-use if the purchaser is subject to a drug-testing program even though available without a prescription.
• Masking agents designed to avoid detection, including Aromatase inhibitors that may be used to biologically manipulate the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, and/or using epitestosterone to artificially alter the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio.
Maybe it was truly a false positive. But he can buy a detox at a GNC and be clean within 72 hours.
His career is over. He doesn't even have wins like Mayfield did.