Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Any word on

if Denny plans to run the whole event?
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: Any word on

When they talked to him yesterday, he said he was running the whole race and they wouldn't have a backup driver standing by. Things may have changed but I haven't heard anything different yet.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Rochelle wrote:When they talked to him yesterday, he said he was running the whole race and they wouldn't have a backup driver standing by. Things may have changed but I haven't heard anything different yet.

they just interviewed him & it looks like he is ready to go.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 am

Last night when he came out of the Infield care center he really looked like he was in a LOT of pain. I am sure that hit last nite didn't help things. I hope they can help him, cause the worst thing for a back with herniated disks is driving a car!.......wrecking really adds to an already bad situation. :(

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am

back in 1992 kenny schrader had a herniated disc in his neck, and he crashed out in dover, they interviewed him, looked like he was in fight and got beat up, couple laps later, he was on stand by for sterlin marlin, cuz marlin got sick, that is a bad ash there, in pain but was willing to go back in the car, not to mentioned in 95 when his thumb go cut off the nite before the coke 600, raced the next day, i miss guys like schrader.......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 am

michaeljohn wrote:back in 1992 kenny schrader had a herniated disc in his neck, and he crashed out in dover, they interviewed him, looked like he was in fight and got beat up, couple laps later, he was on stand by for sterlin marlin, cuz marlin got sick, that is a bad ash there, in pain but was willing to go back in the car, not to mentioned in 95 when his thumb go cut off the nite before the coke 600, raced the next day, i miss guys like schrader.......

I agree with you on Kenny Schrader. I believe Kenny was one who just shows what racing is all about. He isn't what I'd consider old school but there isn't a racer who could out do his devotion to the sport. He is the kind of man you could tell a secret to and he'd keep it for eternity. He is just a plain good guy.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Denny didn't look good when they interviewed him. He had very dark circles under his eyes and he seemed to be trying to put up a good front. I have lower back pain from time to time and it's one of the worst pains I've ever had. Driving for all those hours in a car that has such stiff suspension had to be agonizing. Sitting is the worst position to be in when you have back pain. I hope he's feeling better by next week. At least he has an extra day to recuperate with the race being on Sunday.

And who doesn't love Kenny Schrader? I don't think there's ever been anyone who loves racing more than he does. He's an all-around good guy!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing