FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Change Up In The NW JGR Drivers

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Change Up In The NW JGR Drivers

MJ is right about Scott. He alreay drives for JGR in a full time ride. You dont take your driver out of his full time ride for a ride that uses multiple drivers.
Dont know about Truex & his sponsorship deal, but my thoughts on it is. Truex is still new to driving the NW series & Maybe they werent willing to put him in a plate track yet. JGR has a commitment to their sponsor of the 18 & 20, so either they were looking for the best guy they could to fill in for Denny, or maybe the sponsor didnt want the inexperienced Truex in the seat. Ulitmately for whatever reason it was, I believe it has something to do with his inexp. on these types of tracks.
Why they swapped rides puzzled me, but what SS14 said makes sense to me.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:46 pm

the last time Ryan raced for JGR was at dover, and he mentioned he was driving for them for as long as that sponsor wanted to sponsor him for races, and ryan even said " i have a great sponsor, i wish they could back me more often so i can get into a gibbs car."

my thinking is its a sponsor gibbs already had signed and that sponsored signed to have a certain driver in their car.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 am

Brian Scott has a fulltime ride with Gibbs already in the 11 car. Why would he move over to the 18 or 20 for one race??? That just doesn't make sense. All three teams are as good as each other (Brian has been fast every week recently).

As for Ryan Truex. Well he raced at Daytona and Talladega this year. So I don't think plate experience is a worry. He only races when he brings sponsorship. Which is a shame he is very talented.

I think they would have used Michael McDowell but his step dad and he is skipping the cup race too.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing